Author Topic: Starships of the Touhou-kind  (Read 4587 times)

Offline bd77

• I luv beams
Starships of the Touhou-kind
I always wonder, of the girls from the Touhou games would ever get a chance to have their own ships, what would've been like?  :confused:
Here, are some of the designs I've concocted in SketchUp and rendered with Indigo Renderer.   ;7
(somehow, Indigo Renderer likes to over-magnify my background... but gives a good light source  :lol:)

The ever so diligent incident-solver, Reimu Hakurei. Focuses on agility and speed, so she can solve incidences and collect donations more faster.
Design note: based on Gradius V's Vic Viper.

The ever so lucky newcomer, Sanae Kochiya. Focuses on ranged-strikes and armour, extermination of targets can be a messy business.
Design note: based on RayStorm's RGray-1.

The ever hard-working Marisa Kirisame. Focuses on speed and POWER, always gets into speed duel with a certain reporter.
Design note: based on ThunderForce V's Gauntlet.

More would be coming soon.
Beam cannons, they light up your life. Literally.

Re: Starships of the Touhou-kind
Hmm... I might have given Marisa the giant cannons rather than Sanae, but still, this is interesting.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline bd77

• I luv beams
@Dark Hunter- actually Marisa's one has a more higher output and longer range (and of course, comes with the price of a high cool-down time).

Next batch.

The fastest reporter Aya Shameimaru. Focuses on pure speed and agility at the cost of armour rating.
Design note: roughly based from the FTF Jackal (http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/FTF_Jackal)

Designed for quick missile attacks while having the speed and durability in a knife-fight, Reisen U. Inaba normally is tasked in delivering highly classified medical samples.
Design note: based on the Xg-1 Assault Gunboat from Star Wars.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Man if Touhou were like this I would approve of it 300 times more. Nice work!  :yes:
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

That missile boat I remember from TIE Fighter was overpowered a bit, wasn't it...

The guns on the GTF Hercules are quite big...
If you implement them in game, I have a suggestion:

Have the gun fire, with the fired blob exploding instantly and spawning itself (a copy with the "Child flag" that doesn't blow up instantly but is the projectile that flies to its target, look how the cluster bomb works in the .tbl file for inspiration) with a 0 degree cone of fire.
Then add a big shockwave to it.

Firing with shields down will result in the ship taking damage (the damage of the dummy, could be different than that of the proper projectile), just firing will result in the ship being knocked around by the shockwaves- giving a cool recoil effect.

For reference- here's how it works with the Tiigran-Merisst battleship guns (though the dummy does no damage so the battleship doesn't kill itself):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlU-aon3MhQ
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline bd77

• I luv beams
@BengalTiger
sorry for the late reply. I totally overlooked it.  :banghead:
oh lol. The Missile Boat, nice to fly and shoot missiles with but not when you're out of ammo...

Uh, I think these ships are more in-line with standard streaming shots.

@AndrewofDoom: thanks =D

Anyways, have some capship dueling action.

(all effects are done in Photoshop)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:36:58 am by bd77 »

The missile boat was even considered overpowered by the Emperor IIRC. :P

Anyways, TotT is coming (don't know when though) so you should be able to see how the recoil by shockwave mechanic works- a few player controlled ships will feature it.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.