Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 47121 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!
Cool!

I wonder if it would be possible to make an new cluster baby model from part of the synaptic model... ;7

Well, I would have... but the Synaptic has 5 shells and spawns like 12 cluster babies.

And the interceptor name bug still exists.

d'oh. I forgot to update that file in the VP. :blah:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Here's the ML-16 I'm working on.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:44:02 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Some details on the sides:

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!

Well, I would have... but the Synaptic has 5 shells and spawns like 12 cluster babies.

IIRC, those five shells are actually cluster bombs too (i think its referenced in the tech description but i might be wrong). The missile seperates, then they seperate to release the "cluster babies" (of which IIRC it releases 15 of).

That ML-16 is looking good Cobra. :yes:
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
A possible finished version:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Small, meaningless update.

Anyone know what I should do with the button thing that's below the barrel?

Offline watsisname

Looking good. :nod:
To be honest, I think I prefer that little button thingy being flat (version 2) instead of rounded out like in the 3rd, but that's just my opinion.  :)
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Looking good. :nod:
To be honest, I think I prefer that little button thingy being flat (version 2) instead of rounded out like in the 3rd, but that's just my opinion.  :)
* Snail agrees

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Okay, version with the flat button

Side-view of the ribbing underneath

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
No button. Looks good.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You realize the original ML-16 had a button, right? I'm trying to stay faithful to it while still having some creativity.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I'm saying tha the most recent shot has no button.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's the thing below the barrel. :wtf:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
It isn't very visible in the bottom one, and I didn't see the top one.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That's funny how everyone sees them perfectly but you don't. :P

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
It isn't very visible in the bottom one, and I didn't see the top one.

:rolleyes:

It's not visible in the bottom one because of the lighting.  If you look at the outline carefully though, you can see it.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I know that it's because of the lighting, idiots. I was just commenting.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Then try to express that more clearly next time.

I've uploaded the Tsunami and I am now working on the Avenger. What do you think?

Oh and nice ML-16 Cobra.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:52:24 pm by Admiral Cheater »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That's a great looking Avenger, but it's a bit thin and the spot that you've left empty shouldn't be empty, I think.