Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 47111 times)

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Don't be afraid, it's not dead, just hibernating until blowfish does some pipes for me, seems as how I can't quite use the follow me tool correctly  ;)

Edit: Ammo belt would be a little wierd, but a magazine could work I suppose. And Galemp, railguns shoot projectiles, as do coilguns, and convetional guns.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
until blowfish does some pipes for me
Why does that sound so wrong.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
until blowfish does some pipes for me
Why does that sound so wrong.

Because you have a dirty mind.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
You see, this is what I get for posting overtired  :rolleyes:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Uh, back on topic...

The Harbinger and Stiletto tech and in-game models are now done!

[attachment deleted by ninja]
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
That's one kickass harbinger. The stilleto looks a bit wierd to me for some reason though...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The harbringer on the top pf the stilleto looks slightly out of place.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
The Stiletto has some weird perspective on it from the camera being so close, maybe it's just that. Also I can't remember whether or not those little wiry things on the sides of the front part are in the original. Looks nice, although the fins look a little plain (which is probably realistic, since fins should be smooth and almost flat), and the wiry things could do with some experimentation.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Harbinger. Shiny. Nice. Likey.

Stiletto. Weird fins.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Yeah, sorry about the perspective there. It gets really weird when the pivot is at the very end of a model.

These are done in orthographic mode, and should look better. As for the Harbinger on the nose... it's always been there. Ditto for the Harbinger engines on the back.

The question is... which came first?

[attachment deleted by ninja]
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
There's nothing wrong with perspective, but what FOV is it using?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
The Harby seems fine. The Stiletto still looks ... weird. No idea why.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just realized that the Stiletto looks like a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG).  Its got that double-cone-shaped front end section, slim body, and forward swept stabilizing fins.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Also, why is the stilleto longer than the harb... I think you should upsize the harb or downsize the stilleto for realisms sake

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I just realized that the Stiletto looks like a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG).  Its got that double-cone-shaped front end section, slim body, and forward swept stabilizing fins.
That's it. That's why it looked so weird.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
There's nothing wrong with perspective, but what FOV is it using?

Also, why is the stilleto longer than the harb... I think you should upsize the harb or downsize the stilleto for realisms sake

They're just screenshots taken with PCS. Those aren't to the same scale, and I don't know what FOV PCS uses.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Here's a request for help. Does anyone have experience in doing in-game weapon effects, such as those seen in the MVPs? I'd like to see some proposals for the FS1 primary weapons with the new particles, animated effects and impact effects.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Can't you just make a mishmash of the mediavp weapon effects? Modify them enough to get them look like high quality FS1 weaps, just using the mediavp effects. If you edit enough, they won't look like the FS2 versions.

In other words- simply use mediavp effects. Would save time, and still look good.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Do you see a white laser in the MVPs? :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta