Author Topic: Updating the site...  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
I believe some people rather go to the site than surf the forums, so is it possible to update the site a bit more frequently (like info about upcoming changes in Re-R1, teaser shots, pics of new mappings and ships etc.)?
lol wtf

The website is a secondary concern right now, if Woo wants to do it, he will, but right now we're busy with putting the modpack together. It wouldn't make sense to make a site with incomplete data, anyway.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's not even my secondary concern :p

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
what's a website?

;)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Something not updated since 16-07-03 :D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
May I suggest that you at least make a text update in the news listings stating that due to changes in R2, the entire ship and weapons list is being overhauled, along with part of the R1 storyline.  While R1 remains available for DL and use, it will be partially scrapped when R2 comes out.  When that happens, expect a major overhaul of the website, but until then, expect very little to be done to it.  Or someting like that.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
If I want an update, all I have to do is check this forum...

The Inferno team updates this forum on a regular basis so `im not missing anything when I pop in..

Also any questions I have that may not have been asked before, can be asked and answered right here also, so why should they waste valueable time updating the site when it can be better spent on those (special effects and features) that will make Inferno one of the most talked about  and kickass mods for FS2. :D :cool: :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
patience people :nod:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
uhm

i could update website :) if i had access :)
I hate My signature!

We don't need website designers, we need (decent) FREDers

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
we have 3.  we're gonna need a few more.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I was thinking of trying for a part with the Inferno crew. I've currently got a finished, polished mission waiting on my desktop. How do i submit it?
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
talk to woo or sid.  it can't use any mods (pretty sure) or use R1 mods (not so sure)
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Check your PM TMan.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Using R1 mods is better if making a new mission, though we'll accept standard FS2 ones, we'll also accept missions that use FS Open features and sexps as long as they work on the INF builds.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Heh, does this mean a new crewman for Inferno? :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline T-Man

I sent it off. Has it made it to ya Sid?

Ah yes, I've already played it; sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but I'm really looking for some creative execution. The premise for your mission was non-generic, I'm glad it wasn't a furball. However, there was very little creative use of sexps apart from sending messages.

GOOD points were the number of messages which led to a healthy amount of chatter, although you should use send-message for each one with chained events rather than send-message-list. The briefing and debriefings also worked, which is more than I can say for some submissions I've had. ;) Capital ships were also used sparingly, a virtue which even I don't often possess.

BAD points were the length of the mission, too many waves of Corsair wing to deal with - huge numbers of enemy reinforcements which seemed silly to me at the time, given that they were pirates, and the small amount of scripting for the entire mission. There was also too much black space, a few nebulae here and there doesn't cut it. Maybe you could have included the Zion asteroid bitmap you mentioned and the Nemesis jumping out towards it... that would have been a nice touch.

I suggest you download the Blackwater Ops demo and have a look at the missions in  that. They are shining beacons of greatness and complexity and I've honestly seen no finer work. And not to blow my trumpet too much, but M14 in Inferno R1 is the best mission I've produced so far, have a look at that too if you don't mind climbing through the web of sexps. If you want to submit something else in the future I'll be happy to receive it. Don't lose confidence! It took me the whole of re-making chapter 1 before I could say I was skilled at FREDing.

Offline T-Man

No bad feelings Sid. Thankyou for an honest reveiw :D.

I dont mind people saying bad things about my work as long as they specify WHY its bad. Your notes will help me improve, and allow me to do better in future. Thanks again for your time. I'll cotninue practicing...

...(termiator style) i'll be back

BTW. Woolie Wool, hows your TSA campaign coming along?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Great attitude you have there, T-Man. I hope you come back better than ever and can help the Inferno effort. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.