Author Topic: "I am a Gay American" - NJ Gov Resigns  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
"I am a Gay American" - NJ Gov Resigns
mmm.... toast... let's add some eggs, a little sugar...

French toast anyone? :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Freedom Toast, retard. :p
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Haha. Ironically, I'm an enthusiast of French culture, but I'm not big on French toast.
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Escargot is yummy. :)
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline PeachE

• Artisté
    • http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~dwhite/main.html
McGreevey is under all sorts of investigations for he and his fundraiser extorting campaign donations. in one case alone, they took 40000 from a farmer and in return the County's offer for development rights on that farm rose over 4 million dollars. His is quite possibly one of the most corrupt governorships in the union. even his resignation rings of corruption. had he waited any longer, a special election would have been held. but he timed it so that a member of his party would be able to keep the office.

it really is a shame that he went out that way. he should resign. but that he would blame his resignation on his homosexuality is a slap in the face not just for the gays but for everyone. in addition, the gay community should be outraged that someone would purport to feel unfit for office just for being gay.

He was Clinton's smear guy... ;)

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Wow, this went OT in a hurry.  Let's deal with some facts:

Being 'gay' does NOT make one unfit for office.  Being a sociopath does.

Let me get this straight (no pun intended).  This nimrod just magically woke up one day and was 'gay'.  Well, that pretty much takes care of the 'born gay' b.s. people like to spew out.  What the guy did to his family was bad enough.

So I've lied to my wife and kids for years about something I knew the whole time.  Lovely.  So he's a ****bag, big deal.  That's the family's problem.

Obviously, Mr. Pity Party wasn't satisfied with that.  he had to go out and make himself look like a victim on national television.  "People won't accept me as governor because I'm gay".  Bullcrap.  People won't accept you because you're a lying sack of ****.  Notice he didn't address what he was really in hot water for.

His little Israeli boytoy that he brought over and put on the payroll?  THAT'S what he's in hot water for.

He's a piece of ****.  Not only is he unworthy of holding public office, but far as I'm concerned, he's unworthy of being a father as well.

End result: The conservative population gets the message that "Gays are, without a doubt, utterly incapable of honesty, integrity, or fidelity".  Way to go, Mr. Governor.  The liberal population gets.....whatever message fits it's current agenda.

Guy gets no pity from me.  None.  His family sure does though, especially his kids.  That's F***ED.

Anyone have an opinion that runs contrary to this?
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Let me get this straight (no pun intended). This nimrod just magically woke up one day and was 'gay'. Well, that pretty much takes care of the 'born gay' b.s. people like to spew out. What the guy did to his family was bad enough.

Where did you arrive at this conclusion? When people come out of the closet, it's not because they've just decided that they're gay; it means they've decided to stop pretending that they're heterosexual.
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Originally posted by Drew
i dont see how any self respecting dude could actually inflate his dick looking at another dudes dick, and stick it in that dudes anus. I just cant figure it out.

You can't figure out it, but there it is, and being gay is no reason to not be elected, or to be forced out.

Originally posted by Flipside    And, in the UK at least, there are very very few up and coming Gay politicians. Oddly enough though, there are an awful lot of established politicians who suddenly come out of the closet. Why is this? Do these people suddenly wake up and decide they are Gay? No. They have been Gay or Bisexual for their entire adult lives, but you'd be surprised how many little doors are closed to Politicians who don't already have their foot in them

As far as I know, in germany its not a big deal, with the press also rarly looking into politicians private life, as it should be.

And, ionia23, your right, being gay does not make one unfit for office, however, you can be both attracted to women, and men, at the same time, its called bi-sexual, and givin the fact he has a stable family, I would tend to lean towards that.

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Not necessarily true. There are many homosexuals who live their lives pretending to be heterosexual, and they have stable families and relationships. As I've said before, sexuality is a very complex aspect of the human psyche. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they can't feel a genuine emotional attachment to someone of the opposite sex.

Originally posted by Ford Prefect
Not necessarily true. There are many homosexuals who live their lives pretending to be heterosexual, and they have stable families and relationships. As I've said before, sexuality is a very complex aspect of the human psyche. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they can't feel a genuine emotional attachment to someone of the opposite sex.

My mistake then, I thought he had children.

Offline ionia23

Of course, coming out could just be a heterosexual pretending to be gay.  The whole thing is hooey.

Offline ionia23

Originally posted by Ford Prefect

And a physical one too, apparently.  He's still a lying bastard.  Shoulda come out prior to walking down the aisle.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Unless he is bi-sexual in which case he's just a cheating bastard.

As for the whole born gay thing, we discussed it last week already.

Summary of last week. People argued back and forth about it. I pointed out that there is no conclusive evidence in either direction, several studies contradict each other but there is stronger evidence in favour of there actually being a gay gene.

Can we just leave it at that? It really doesn't matter whether people choose to be gay or just are born that way.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ionia23

Agreed.

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Harsh judgement is more poisonous than sin.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Posted on Matthew Good's website.

To define love is madness. To impress upon it some regulated understanding is to deny its purpose and its promise.

Love chooses us. And though we have attempted in vain throughout the ages to unlock its mysteries, we are still helpless in its grasp. Born man or woman, straight or gay, love chooses us and we follow.

If you believe that the God you worship personifies love then love in any form cannot be wrong. It is wholly contradictory to espouse the virtues of a universal love and yet disqualify those that do not fit within certain parameters. That is not love, unfortunately, but it’s corruption.

What deity would be so callous as to exclude those who do not meet specific “requirements of love”? What person would, in the same breathe, declare that God is love and then deny the love of those that they consider “corrupted”?

Love and forgiveness are inseparable. To forgive is divine they say, and yet forgiveness isn’t something many of us care to practice. Battles are being fought in nations throughout the world to ensure that same sex marriage is not legally recognized by people who are obviously so detached from the truths of love and forgiveness as to be in peril of supporting the opposite.

What arrogance must one possess to declare themselves the representative of such a powerful and universal thing? What person willingly denies and defames the love of complete strangers because of some personal insecurity or religious bigotry? How dare any of us undermine love?

To define love is madness. To defy it? Even more so.

If ever there was a time for us to embrace the world’s most powerful weapon and declare war, it’s now. Because to embrace the idea that the law and love are two separate issues is not the sort of inheritance that our children deserve. One has absolutely everything to do with the other, no matter who decries otherwise.

I think the man hit the nail on the head right there. Pretty much sums up how I feel on the whole issue.

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Yep, I think he has it quite right.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yes, nice, but totaly unrelated to the subject at hand,  the guy in question used his sexuality as a doge, as a scapegoat, he probly did more damage to gay rights the other day then all the republicans in the world combined could ever do
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 07:46:53 pm by 57 »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
I was just adding to what kara said.