Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.15.0-dev+73b131a (combined launcher/installer)  (Read 422838 times)

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.7.1 (combined launcher/installer)
Go to the Explore tab and click "Modify" on the relevant mod. Make sure the correct packages are selected and press OK. After that Knossos should repair the mod. It's not particularly obvious but I'm not sure how to explain this without some guide or help text.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I tried to create total-conversion mod on the Development tab of Knossos launcher. However, the message appeared, saying that: "The chosen parent does not exist! Something went very wrong here!!"

Is this a problem or not?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Go to the Explore tab and click "Modify" on the relevant mod. Make sure the correct packages are selected and press OK. After that Knossos should repair the mod. It's not particularly obvious but I'm not sure how to explain this without some guide or help text.

There doesn't appear to be any way to reinstall the damaged packages without uninstalling the whole thing. The damaged packages are listed as "installed", the checkboxes are disabled, etc.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
@Bryan See: That's a bug. I'll fix it in the next version but you can try the following workaround: Go to your base folder (the one you selected during the first run) and create a directory named after your mod's ID next to the FS2 and bin directories. Now you should be able to create your TC in Knossos.

@xenocartographer: Did you try clicking on OK? Afterwards it should check all selected mods (even those which are marked as installed) and install any missing files. A better solution would be to modify the "Verify file integrity" option to ask if Knossos should repair damaged or missing files if those were detected. That probably makes more sense than going through the installation dialog a second time.

Oh, no, I didn't. I thought I'd have to enable something in the UI that wouldn't let me enable things. It would definitely make more sense in the integrity option, yes.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Thanks for that. Until that bug is fixed, I'll stick to this.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
First run on my new work El Capitan MBP, thought I would document my experiences with it as I haven't  touched it in quite some time.

It expectedly tells me the app is not authorized to run after trying to run it via Spotlight.  So I right-click -> Open, it asks if I want to run the app, I hit OK, then I get this error dialog:

Code: [Select]
I don't know how to handle "-psn_0_401506"! I only know fso:// .
I suspect that it has something to do with having to do the first run via the Finder to get past the security checks, but not sure.  If I hit ok, then run it again via Spotlight or Finder it starts fine.

On the Welcome screen, there is no suggested path for Knossos game data yet for Macs, and the process to Browse for one doesn't seem to allow creating a new directory, so I chose /Users/home.dir, and then manually typed /Knossos onto the end of that, which worked as expected (it asked if I wanted to create it after hitting OK).

Could not remember exactly how it was supposed to integrate with FS2, so I just clicked 'Install' on FSO, and it asked which binary with the only available one already checked, hit OK, it went to 100% download and then said there was an error installing and to check the error log.  I don't see an option to uninstall it and I was never asked where FS2 was or anything like that.  I was not told where to find the log, but after some educated guess I think I found it at ~/.knossos/log.txt.  The end result seems to be that my Knossos folder has a bin folder, with a FSO-3.8.0-2 folder, with two PNG files and a mod.json file inside of it, but nothing else.

INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: Running Knossos 0.7.1 on PyQt5 and Python 3.5.3 (v3.5.3:1880cb95a742, Jan 16 2017, 08:49:46)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)].
WARNING:MainThread:integration.init: No desktop integration active.
WARNING:MainThread:tasks.__init__: A LoadLocalModsTask was launched even though no base path was set!
WARNING:MainThread:progress.add_task: Added an empty task of type "LoadLocalModsTask". Ignoring it!
INFO:MainThread:web.searchRetailData: No SteamPath detected!
WARNING:Thread-8:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20171212 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
INFO:Thread-3:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/ec/cc/0bf23e028c26d5175ff52d003bff85b0a17b0ddfc1130d65bdf6d36f6324.png"...
INFO:Thread-3:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/0d/e7/bf64bcdea9a9c115969cfb784e1ca457d24a7c2da4fc6f213521c3bb6abb.png"...
INFO:Thread-3:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/d2/2d/ac5f570fdeee977185dfd24e4b59b9ccb8b3031af6db545100487568379a"...
ERROR:Thread-3:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "OS X (Universal).7z" for package "OS X (Universal)" (FSO)!
ERROR:Thread-3:util.get: Failed to load "https://fsnebula.org/api/1/api/1/track/install/FSO"! (404 NOT FOUND)
INFO:Thread-9:tasks.init2: Nothing to do for this InstallTask!
WARNING:Thread-8:progress.add_task: Added an empty task of type "LoadLocalModsTask". Ignoring it!
INFO:Thread-5:repo.add_mod: Mod "FSO" (3.8.0-2) from "None" overwrites an existing mod version!

I am wondering if translations of games could somehow be presented differently, maybe with a dropdown option in the menu, but also defaulting to whatever language Knossos is presented in (if Knossos is ever translated, hoping it will support that in the near future with all the excitement about UTF8 support in FSO now).
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Thanks for the detailed feedback!

The first error essentially tells you that it doesn't know that command line flag but I guess I can safely ignore any flags that start with "-psn_" which should solve that.
On the Welcome screen, the default path should've been ~/Documents/Games/FreespaceOpen but due to a stupid mistake on my side that didn't work (I wrote "macos" instead of "darwin" in the platform check).
I'm not sure how much I can influence the Browse dialog since that's part of Qt but I'll look into it.

From your post I suppose you didn't see the rest of the wizard (you can see the mockups in the second post of this thread). Did you run Knossos on that machine before?

The error Knossos encountered when you tried to install FSO was that 7zip failed. However, the output isn't captured so I don't know why. Everything else seems to have worked as expected. Can you open a terminal and run the following command? That should provide us with a better error message.
KN_DEBUG=1 /Applications/Knossos.app/Contents/MacOS/Knossos

Knossos already has partial translation support, I just need to find a good solution to translate the templates to complete it. Regarding translated mods: I hope that we can use the tag system once it's implemented for that.
We could add a question at the end of the first run wizard asking the user which languages they want to see with their own selected by default. Based on that selection a tag filter is then applied to the mod list by default.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:58:52 am by ngld »

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.7.2 (combined launcher/installer)
I feel like the Qt browse dialog in this instance was missing a button I often see that allows creation of new directories.  Without that, I was wondering if it makes sense to always append /Knossos to whatever was chosen, if they chose a non-empty directory that doesn't look like it ever contained Knossos data.

I don't believe I saw the wizard I guess, no.  It was my first _successful_ run, as I mentioned, the first actual attempt had resulted in the crash I mentioned.  Not sure if that was related or not but Knossos definitely had not existed on this Macbook before.  I did restart Knossos at one point to test whether the error was happening in Finder vs Spotlight, but I can't recall if I did that before or after choosing a data path.  I can give it another try from scratch after 0.7.2 is up for Macs, I would just need to delete ~/.knossos and ~/Knossos in order to reset it right?  Or are there any other property/config file locations to purge?

I have a theory on the failed 7zip.   I believe the CI system told Nebula that the Mac build was successful, however the download for the 12/12 build was corrupt.  We moved it out of the folder to make the Nightly post, which does not contain it, but then I put it back since I wasn't sure I wanted to delete it yet.  The nightly system will now ignore corrupt uploads in the future, so Knossos may need some error handling in this case as well if it wants to be bullet-proofed against this particular issue.  If I had left the file deleted, would Knossos currently have behaved any more intelligently, or would it have still broken due to the missing file?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Deleting ~/.knossos and ~/Knossos should be enough.

I have a theory on the failed 7zip.   I believe the CI system told Nebula that the Mac build was successful, however the download for the 12/12 build was corrupt.  We moved it out of the folder to make the Nightly post, which does not contain it, but then I put it back since I wasn't sure I wanted to delete it yet.  The nightly system will now ignore corrupt uploads in the future, so Knossos may need some error handling in this case as well if it wants to be bullet-proofed against this particular issue.  If I had left the file deleted, would Knossos currently have behaved any more intelligently, or would it have still broken due to the missing file?
Well, the the theory is nice but the log clearly states that Knossos downloaded the 3.8.0 build from the Nebula (this one: https://fsnebula.org/storage/d2/2d/ac5f570fdeee977185dfd24e4b59b9ccb8b3031af6db545100487568379a). So that probably isn't the reason.

Regardless, you're right. If you tried to install the nightly after deleting the file on the server, it would still have failed. Knossos decides on which version to install based on the metadata and doesn't change this decision if the installation fails. It assumes that any mod listed on the Nebula has at least one working download link. The FSO builds are a special case in this regard. Everything else is hosted on the Nebula itself so I don't have to worry about broken download links.
If the nightly script doesn't submit corrupt archives, everything should be fine. I can add a check to remove builds which aren't available anymore, though, since that will probably be useful in case you delete old nightlies.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I guess from the log I wasn't sure which one had failed to extract, as it mentioned both 3.8.0 and a 3.8.1 nightly.  If you can tell that it was the 3.8.0 that had failed to extract for sure, that is odd then.  I will  try to rerun with the debug stuff set and see if anything odd happens.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok I think I have much more useful information now.  Reran with the debug argument you suggested, and got these two tidbits.

The wizard did appear to go to another step after I chose my data directory.  I saw a screen with a couple more one line text input boxes I think, but only for a split second before that disappeared and took me to the Explore tab of the interface.  The console output up to that point was as follows (I think  this was where it cutoff before I clicked the next thing):

INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: Running Knossos 0.7.1 on PyQt5 and Python 3.5.3 (v3.5.3:1880cb95a742, Jan 16 2017, 08:49:46)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)].
DEBUG:MainThread:launcher.main: Loading resources from data/resources.rcc.
DEBUG:MainThread:launcher.main: Loading settings...
DEBUG:MainThread:base.set_dsn: Configuring Raven for host: <raven.conf.remote.RemoteConfig object at 0x11e2c82b0>
DEBUG:MainThread:util.call: Running ['/Applications/Knossos.app/Contents/MacOS/7z', '-h']
WARNING:MainThread:integration.init: No desktop integration active.
Path override failed for key ui::DIR_LOCALES and path '/Applications/Knossos.app/Contents/Resources/qtwebengine_locales'
[1214/132155.866837:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(115)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
Path override failed for key ui::DIR_LOCALES and path '/Applications/Knossos.app/Contents/Resources/qtwebengine_locales'
[1214/132155.975771:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(115)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
DEBUG:MainThread:windows.watch_task: Task "Checking for updates..." (4805491160, <class 'knossos.tasks.CheckUpdateTask'>) started.
DEBUG:Thread-1:connectionpool._new_conn: Starting new HTTPS connection (1): dev.tproxy.de
WARNING:MainThread:tasks.__init__: A LoadLocalModsTask was launched even though no base path was set!
DEBUG:MainThread:windows.watch_task: Task "Loading installed mods..." (4806508760, <class 'knossos.tasks.LoadLocalModsTask'>) started.
WARNING:MainThread:progress.add_task: Added an empty task of type "LoadLocalModsTask". Ignoring it!
DEBUG:MainThread:windows._forget_task: Task "Loading installed mods..." (4806508760) finished.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows.watch_task: Task "Fetching mod list..." (4806508904, <class 'knossos.tasks.FetchTask'>) started.
INFO:MainThread:web.searchRetailData: No SteamPath detected!
DEBUG:Thread-1:connectionpool._make_request: https://dev.tproxy.de:443 "GET /knossos/stable/version?me=0.7.1 HTTP/1.1" 200 5
DEBUG:MainThread:windows._forget_task: Task "Checking for updates..." (4805491160) finished.
DEBUG:Thread-4:connectionpool._new_conn: Starting new HTTPS connection (1): fsnebula.org
DEBUG:Thread-4:connectionpool._make_request: https://fsnebula.org:443 "GET /storage/repo.json HTTP/1.1" 200 None
WARNING:Thread-4:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20171212 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
DEBUG:MainThread:windows._forget_task: Task "Fetching mod list..." (4806508904) finished.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows.watch_task: Task "Loading installed mods..." (4845047096, <class 'knossos.tasks.LoadLocalModsTask'>) started.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows._forget_task: Task "Loading installed mods..." (4845047096) finished.

Next I attempted to re-install the SCP build again.  The output of that mentions not being able to find the 7z.dll file in the Knossos build.  Which makes sense, Macs don't use DLLs.  The relevant chunks of the log are below, I skipped what looked like a lot of redundant and unnecessary messages for this purpose:

DEBUG:MainThread:windows.watch_task: Task "Installing mods..." (4848932760, <class 'knossos.tasks.InstallTask'>) started.
DEBUG:Thread-3:progress._next_step: Entering step 1 of 4 in task InstallTask.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: Folder <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)> for /Users/cliff.gordon/Knossos/bin/FSO-3.8.0-2 does not yet exist.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows.watch_task: Task "Uninstalling mods..." (4848932904, <class 'knossos.tasks.UninstallTask'>) started.
DEBUG:Thread-2:progress._next_step: Entering step 1 of 2 in task UninstallTask.
DEBUG:Thread-2:progress._next_step: Entering step 2 of 2 in task UninstallTask.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): ./README-SDL.txt is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64-FASTDBG.app/Contents/Info.plist is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64-FASTDBG.app/Contents/PkgInfo is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:Thread-2:progress._next_step: Entering step 3 of 2 in task UninstallTask.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64-FASTDBG.app/Contents/MacOS/fs2_open_3_8_0_x64-FASTDBG is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64-FASTDBG.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswresample.2.1.100.dylib is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64-FASTDBG.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/Headers/SDL_mouse.h is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows.watch_task: Task "Loading installed mods..." (4845047240, <class 'knossos.tasks.LoadLocalModsTask'>) started.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows._forget_task: Task "Uninstalling mods..." (4848932904) finished.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64-FASTDBG.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/Headers/SDL_opengl.h is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/Headers/SDL_system.h is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows._forget_task: Task "Loading installed mods..." (4845047240) finished.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/Headers/SDL_main.h is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work1: OS X (Universal): fs2_open_3_8_0_x64.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings is missing/broken for <Mod "FSO" 3.8.0-2 (FSO)>.
INFO:Thread-3:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/ec/cc/0bf23e028c26d5175ff52d003bff85b0a17b0ddfc1130d65bdf6d36f6324.png"...
DEBUG:Thread-3:connectionpool._make_request: https://fsnebula.org:443 "GET /storage/ec/cc/0bf23e028c26d5175ff52d003bff85b0a17b0ddfc1130d65bdf6d36f6324.png HTTP/1.1" 200 35713
INFO:Thread-3:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/0d/e7/bf64bcdea9a9c115969cfb784e1ca457d24a7c2da4fc6f213521c3bb6abb.png"...
DEBUG:Thread-3:connectionpool._make_request: https://fsnebula.org:443 "GET /storage/0d/e7/bf64bcdea9a9c115969cfb784e1ca457d24a7c2da4fc6f213521c3bb6abb.png HTTP/1.1" 200 190310
DEBUG:Thread-3:progress._next_step: Entering step 2 of 4 in task InstallTask.
INFO:Thread-3:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/d2/2d/ac5f570fdeee977185dfd24e4b59b9ccb8b3031af6db545100487568379a"...
DEBUG:Thread-3:connectionpool._make_request: https://fsnebula.org:443 "GET /storage/d2/2d/ac5f570fdeee977185dfd24e4b59b9ccb8b3031af6db545100487568379a HTTP/1.1" 200 9004957
DEBUG:Thread-3:util.gen_hash: Calculating checksum for /var/folders/17/vh61x78s41n5nfxcz09fdh1w0000gq/T/tmpkrshi1xx/OS X (Universal).7z...
DEBUG:Thread-3:tasks.work2: Extracting OS X (Universal).7z into /Users/cliff.gordon/Knossos/bin/FSO-3.8.0-2
DEBUG:Thread-3:util.call: Running ['/Applications/Knossos.app/Contents/MacOS/7z', 'x', '-o/var/folders/17/vh61x78s41n5nfxcz09fdh1w0000gq/T/tmpkrshi1xx/content', '/var/folders/17/vh61x78s41n5nfxcz09fdh1w0000gq/T/tmpkrshi1xx/OS X (Universal).7z']

7-Zip [64] 16.02 : Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Igor Pavlov : 2016-05-21
p7zip Version 16.02 (locale=utf8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,64 bits,8 CPUs x64)

Can't load '/Applications/Knossos.app/Contents/MacOS/7z.dll' ()

ERROR:
7-Zip cannot find the code that works with archives.
ERROR:Thread-3:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "OS X (Universal).7z" for package "OS X (Universal)" (FSO)!
DEBUG:Thread-3:base.send_remote: Sending message of length 530 to https://sentry.gruenprint.de/api/9/store/
DEBUG:Thread-3:progress._next_step: Entering step 3 of 4 in task InstallTask.
DEBUG:Thread-3:progress._next_step: Entering step 4 of 4 in task InstallTask.
DEBUG:raven.AsyncWorker:connectionpool._new_conn: Starting new HTTPS connection (1): sentry.gruenprint.de
DEBUG:Thread-3:connectionpool._make_request: https://fsnebula.org:443 "GET /api/1/api/1/track/install/FSO HTTP/1.1" 404 None
ERROR:Thread-3:util.get: Failed to load "https://fsnebula.org/api/1/api/1/track/install/FSO"! (404 NOT FOUND)
DEBUG:Thread-3:base.send_remote: Sending message of length 866 to https://sentry.gruenprint.de/api/9/store/
DEBUG:Thread-3:progress._next_step: Entering step 5 of 4 in task InstallTask.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows._forget_task: Task "Installing mods..." (4848932760) finished.
DEBUG:raven.AsyncWorker:connectionpool._make_request: https://sentry.gruenprint.de:443 "POST /api/9/store/ HTTP/1.1" 200 None
DEBUG:raven.AsyncWorker:connectionpool._new_conn: Starting new HTTPS connection (1): sentry.gruenprint.de
DEBUG:raven.AsyncWorker:connectionpool._make_request: https://sentry.gruenprint.de:443 "POST /api/9/store/ HTTP/1.1" 200 None
DEBUG:MainThread:windows.watch_task: Task "Loading installed mods..." (4849164792, <class 'knossos.tasks.LoadLocalModsTask'>) started.
DEBUG:MainThread:windows._forget_task: Task "Loading installed mods..." (4849164792) finished.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
There _is_ what appears to be a 7z library binary inside the .app, but it has no dll extension as expected.  It lives at Contents/Resources/7z and there is a symlink to it at Contents/MacOS/7z that points to ../Resources/7z.  So it appears that it is just a problem that it thinks it needs a DLL extension on the library on the Mac.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
The warning is unrelated to the installation, it'll happen whenever a new mod list is loaded from fsnebula.org. If a mod is "empty", then that means it doesn't contain any packages for the current platform. Usually it only happens for nightlies and can be ignored for them. If it happens for any other mod/engine build, then something went wrong. Release builds should obviously contain builds for all platforms and other mod types shouldn't be platform specific or empty.
In this case it actually means that no macOS build is available for the 12/12 nightly. I'm not sure if the nightly script didn't submit it in the first place or if the script resubmitted that nightly without the macOS build when you ran it a second time. So... you can safely delete that corrupted file if you want to, Knossos doesn't even know about it.

There _is_ what appears to be a 7z library binary inside the .app, but it has no dll extension as expected.  It lives at Contents/Resources/7z and there is a symlink to it at Contents/MacOS/7z that points to ../Resources/7z.  So it appears that it is just a problem that it thinks it needs a DLL extension on the library on the Mac.
Does it have an .so extension? If not, then that's the binary itself. It's most likely missing the 7z.so. I'll modify the packaging script to include that file which should fix this.

The fact that the second screen of the wizard quickly disappears probably means that I (once again) broke the way Knossos updates the mod list in the UI... It should be easy to fix though. (Knossos updates the list and the UI then thinks it needs to switch tabs which then leads to it hiding the wizard because that's actually just another tab.)

Thanks a lot for the help! Now I just need to figure out what the actual library name for p7zip is (I doubt it's 7z.dll) and then I should be able to fix all of the mentioned bugs.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I did not see a 7z.so anywhere in the app yet.  'locate' has probably run a scan since I installed Knossos the other day and there is no 7z.so reported by the locate command yet either.

I was under the impression that the nightly script simply sends the files it was notified of by the CI platforms to Nebula.  It then downloads them and tries to generate hashes for the files.  I thought this because I thought the nebula release of the nightly build happened before the nightly script was fixed.  But I might be confusing that with the ones that happened when it was the forum post process that had broken.  So perhaps when the download was corrupted, that delayed the Nebula push as well, and it was only when that was fixed, and the Mac build had been omitted that it was pushed to Nebula sans the Mac build.  Come to think of it, I don't remember a duplicate tag error in the nightly script this last time, compared to earlier this week when the forum post had failed due to some sort of transient error.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
The build is only submitted after the hashes have been generated since Knossos requires those. Maybe it didn't submit the build since it failed to extract the corrupted archive?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yes, it was crashing during extraction so that makes sense, in this last case it never got to the point of submitting builds to Knossos until the corrupted build was removed from the directory.  So that all adds up now.  I assume  that with the patch, a corrupted build won't crash now but I doubt it will get submitted to Knossos now either.  Can Knossos be modified to go back to the last nightly with a successful build for a given platform?

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Knossos already picks the latest available build for the platform it's running on (as the log warning says, it's ignoring the 12/12 nightly). If you want it to try to install older versions if an installation fails then that's going to be complicated since we need to check if the installation was triggered by a dependency (in which case we can't do that) or if it was triggered by a user. Even then I'd try to avoid that since you probably don't want 3.7.4 if you're telling Knossos to install 3.8.0. Finally, adding a special case for nightlies doesn't seem like the best solution either.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ah ok I didn't think it was trying to go to an earlier nightly, gotcha.  And nah, I don't think going back to earlier release versions makes much sense.

After a recent update, Knossos fails to launch with a Qt error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application."