Author Topic: [WIP]SD Lucifer  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
For those not privy to #fsu on discord, heres what I have been laboring on as of late.

aaargh!
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

The SD Lucifer is so 2003, we need an HD Lucifer or even a 4K Lucifer.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Get the pot ready, Space Lobster is on the menu :D

Really nice work as always. Really like the horns,
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Lookin' really nice.  I see you've created physical subsystems for the reactors.  I do see a lack of the side-claws just aft of the forward booms, and the fighterbay entrance is nearly invisible.  May I assume that the fighterbay isn't ready yet?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr

um, dunno what you are about the textures will be atleast 4k and the raws 8k  :lol:

Get the pot ready, Space Lobster is on the menu :D

Really nice work as always. Really like the horns,
thanks!

Lookin' really nice.  I see you've created physical subsystems for the reactors.  I do see a lack of the side-claws just aft of the forward booms, and the fighterbay entrance is nearly invisible.  May I assume that the fighterbay isn't ready yet?

The side claws or the bombarment cannon, I assume you are talking about has been expandedand and built into a animatied system with protective armour. c:

The fighterbay there is no room for it, the area is squished by several subsystems so theres a real clowncar or monstercloset effect going on here :p
The entrence will be animated like the demon, heres a rendered test I did a while back.

My models page:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Neat!  I hope there's a way to force the figtherbay door to open though.  Otherwise "Playing Judas" is gonna go more like this:

Command: See if you can get into the Lucifer's docking bay.

Alpha 1: Ah, I think they forgot the garage door opener when they rebuilt this thing.

um, dunno what you are about the textures will be atleast 4k and the raws 8k  :lol:

It's a pun, as SD, the designation used for all Shivan destroyers also standards for Standard Definition, aka DVD quality(480p).
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What was that made in?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
My models page:

It's the devil!

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
This is great from a technical perspective, and obviously has taken a lot of work, but I’m concerned it deviates a little too far from the base model for such an iconic and important ship. For a start, it objectively conflicts with pretty much every cut scene, briefing animation etc that shows the lucifer, and some of those cutscenes have been remade relatively recently.

Subjectively it also makes it look more like the FS2 era ‘spiky’ ships. This is good in some ways - consistency for a start - but I quite liked how the original lucifer had a design aesthetic that was subtly different from the other Shivan ships - lots of curves, very few straight lines, body sections that were near spherical, only spikes being the devil horns etc. This (for me at least) helped sell the idea that even by Shivans standards the lucifer was something special, possibly unique. By making it look closer to the other Shivan capital ships it makes it look like ‘just another destroyer’.

If I had the modelling skills I would have taken a more conservative approach - much like you did with the superb demon. Sorry if I’m coming across negative, that is not my intention, as technically this is outstanding work. I’m just concerned it may run contrary to the fine work of other creators and thus get some people’s backs up, which considering some of the HLP drama we have all seen in the last few months, is probably best avoided. Just my two cents.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Maybe it transforms like the SDF-1? :P

I always did like the fan idea that shows up in a few fan campaigns that Shivan ships "evolve" new capabilities and designs based on the needs of the moment. Either way it's not too much of a big deal for me personally. 

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Could be a Capella-era Lucifer 2.0?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
*snip*

Textures are probably going to do more to define how it looks and fits than the geometry. The blue/violet component in the greys of the Lucifer's textures was always something that set it apart greatly (except form the Mephisto, that purple little imp  ;) ), made it look brighter and stand out a bit more. (Granted that often doesn't get to play right because of lighting conditions because "it space. it dark".)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."