Author Topic: Smooth Graphics!  (Read 15530 times)

Offline eliex

Retail Ch2 pics from wip missions

That's from the campaign that is obsolete currently correct?  :confused:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Correct. R2 was replaced by the Inferno Super Confusing Project (INFSCP)
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline eliex

I think that the topic that explains all this: "An age old question asked again!" should be re-stickied just to avoid any more INFxyz questions in future.

EDIT - Nevermind: the link to the INF article in the Wiki on the first stickied topic explains it all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:05:06 pm by eliex »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
At least the wiki gives us a very good reason why INFSCP is taking such a long time to be released, and it makes complete sense given the number of ships in INFR1.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
People should check the stickied thread before posting anything.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Mebber

I've read the stickies, but it's quite easy to get lost in this whole Inferno thing.  :)
Anyway, i won't open a new thread for my question...

I've played through Sol: A History and Inferno: Alliance so far, no problems. Now i'm on Inferno R1. I've downloaded INFR1 and the scp patch both as .exe files from moddb, now i have a INFR1 folder with the INF_Main.vp and the INF_2Patch.vp. The mod itself is working, but with very old graphics. No advanced backgrounds/stars, ugly beameffects... can i play Inferno with the beams/backgrounds seen in Alliance and the most other mods?

I've tried to link it with the main effects_mediavp from scp by creating a mod.ini, but that doesen't work. Well i guess that would have been a bit too easy. By the way, i'm using the 3.6.12r_INF build, but i've also tried the 3.6.10 version.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:26:14 am by Mebber »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Quick note: In cases like these, it is preferred to open new threads instead of resurrecting old ones.

As for INFR1, well..... It was built for a very, very old version of the FSO executable, and so cannot be guaranteed to be compatible with newer executables and the current mediavps. Getting it to work with that would probably require a ****load of work.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mebber

Thanks for the fast reply. I'll keep that in mind.

Well Inferno isn't that long anyway, a few missions without amazing backgrounds won't kill me.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The problem is, I don't think the current team will work on the old releases to revamp them...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The problem is, I don't think the current team will work on the old releases to revamp them...
Focus on getting INF SCP done!

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo

MOBIUS! YOU'RE ALIVE!

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Both INFASA and INF SCP will be finished and released. But if you want it done sooner- help out.

I'd help, but I'm toooooootally useless at modding(haven't actually tried it, but that's kinda the point).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Having a try is what turns players into addicted modders. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I know how to create normal and shine maps from diffuse maps, can playtest missions and work with PCS2.
Also, I'm quite good at table editing and usage of new SCP features.
While I can't make effects from scratch, I can edit existing files and create tables to make them look good.
If INFSCP needs any of this, I'd be glad to help.
Today, I had a last day at school, so I'm going to have a lot of free time (with the exception of a few weeks when I'll be going on vacation trips).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Which programs do you use (besides PCS2)?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline m!m

I know how to FRED and I also have experience in modding tables...
I could help out if you need people  :nervous:  :warp:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
We mostly need modellers to handle WIP assets in dire need of ultimation. I don't know how long you have been following Inferno but we're planning to use, just to mention an example, a set of three space stations of various dimensions for multiple purposes: GTI Asteria (Axem's tiny Arcadia), GTI Arcadia (nothing to explain) and GTI Lemuria (class of Sol's space fortresses, precursor of the EAI Cepheus).

There are Shivan models to get done, too - the old Arachnas model, for example, is to be replaced.

We have some stuff made by Moonred, but his models need texturing and many other things (debris, turrets, general subobjects handling, etc. etc.). Tabling is not a problem because we can handle it very well.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
My advice: ditch your requirements for new models and build a campaign with what you have and what's publicly available. Inferno's stockpile of exclusive models is already huge. If you can't get the job done with them, your development team has a problem.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I think we're already considering that possibility. It'd be a pity, however, to leave Moonred's models as they are without trying to get them done. I'm not an expert modeller (I'm not a modeller at all) but I believe what INFASA needs in terms of modelling can be done by a single person.

We don't have anything extraordinary to be done in terms of modelling, really.
The Lightblue Ribbon