Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 422864 times)

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
I've been going over some of the vids for the next release of WoD, also the Cavalier kicks some trash. If you want any of my models, just send a pm or a zombie, Either way will work.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Axem told me to make some kind of post so people won't assume I'm dead.

I hereby obey.
I hope you're happy Axem!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Axem

C'mon Spoon, INFERNO has more shiny pics than you do! INFERNO! How can you be upstaged by them?!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I dunno man, we just don't have enough 5km long capitalships powered by NANOMACHINES to make pretty pictures of.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Axem

But you have sexy space elfs. Which invalidates all shiny spaceships, up to and including, GARGANTS.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
HmmHmm

I'll think about it. In the meantime, brb ripping off starcontrol 2 some more.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline qwadtep

But you have sexy space elfs. Which invalidates all shiny spaceships, up to and including, GARGANTS.
Wait, wait, I've got this.

A 5km long Misuzu head that shoots beams from its eyes!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Gargants aren't really shiny...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Gargant is that thing unused from Inferno? I have the old Gigas, but not Gargant. Hertak mothership was 11km long. If you don't like big ships why add that one then.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The Gargant is 40Km long legendary warship from Inferno. It looks OK, but is quite outdated. The game has problems with such big ships though, so it's more like a landscape model.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I heard someone say you can make ships as big as you want without messing up the game.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
You heard wrong. While yes, you can make objects even larger than the playable mission space, 1) You'll have a hell of a time actually making it fun, 2) You're going to run into floating point precision errors eventually.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I heard someone say you can make ships as big as you want without messing up the game.
Well, in theory, you can. However, due to various reasons, moving them around would be difficult, and the mission space isn't big enough to fly around such ship (if you speed the ships up too much, you'll also run into problems). Objects beyond certain size are much better off as background or landscape objects than actual ships.

Offline Lorric

Axem told me to make some kind of post so people won't assume I'm dead.

I hereby obey.
I hope you're happy Axem!

I never assumed you were dead. However, the bigger story is if I check your page, you got younger and changed gender. How did you do that, and why? A secret gleaned from the mysteries of the Wings of Dawn universe no doubt.

More worrying though, if I know anything about 11 year old girls, Wings of Dawn 2 is now going to suck... :)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I never assumed you were dead. However, the bigger story is if I check your page, you got younger and changed gender. How did you do that, and why? A secret gleaned from the mysteries of the Wings of Dawn universe no doubt.

More worrying though, if I know anything about 11 year old girls, Wings of Dawn 2 is now going to suck... :)

You don't know?! Spoon always has wish to be the little loli! Now he finally has.

Hey Spoon, are you sure you're safe? I think there may be a certain Droid that might be hunting for you. :p
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Droid may molest me anytime <3
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
* Droid803 pets Spoon. Good girl.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

This change makes a lot of sense actually now I think about it. Games are more fun when you're younger, and turning into a girl will allow you to truly get in touch with your feminine side. It should be useful in the character development of all those female characters.

Now you be a good little girl and make sure you wash your face, brush your teeth, go to bed on time and keep up the good work on Wings of Dawn 2 :)

Offline Lorric

You don't know?! Spoon always has wish to be the little loli! Now he finally has.

Hey Spoon, are you sure you're safe? I think there may be a certain Droid that might be hunting for you. :p

Ah yes, that makes a lot of sense, considering the characters in Wings of Dawn. Spoon is enacting his, I mean her, fantasies. Spoon has now fulfilled his dream! I mean her dream!

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I've seen transporter accidents like this before