Author Topic: WIH Multi Test #3  (Read 11468 times)

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
I'm really sorry bit I am prevented to join the multi test because I'll go to the birthday party of a friend.

Anyway, good luck and good shootin' out there^^
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Also unable to take part, got a mate coming to stay for the night. Wish you all the best and have fun!

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Good test earlier today. I uploaded some videos of the action.
Note: sorry about the quality. Premere Elements really cuts down on the quality of video made by FRAPS. If I figure out a way to increase the quaity, I'll re-upload. Go full screen.

Escalation Dogfight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0arxg5fkXo&feature=channel_video_title

Fleet Battle(TvT):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5nCV6XPBhI&feature=channel_video_title
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Shade

I've had good experiences with using VirtualDub to encode Fraps video. You'd need to install codecs too though, if you haven't done that already for Premiere Elements.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Observations from participating in the Fleet Battle (TvT).
- Karunas thrash Deimos, its like they're an order of magnitude more durable (probably because of insufficient PD on the Deimos)
- Sanctus make great meatshields seeing as they're small, and fast, meaning slash beams tend to miss wildly
- Deimos can't actually aim. Their beam turrets have two large a FoV, meaning they'll target whatever the hell they want (usu. sanctus)

Possible fixes:
- Add one of the nextgen corvettes for the GTVA, either the Chimera or the Diomedes - with better PD and more durability, might even the odds
- Get Spells working. (More on this later)
- Buff Deimos PD

Spells:
As of now, no ship has any "spells" short of their ETS system, but there are a number of issues preventing (re-)implementation of spells into the TvT. (Also see above post).

- The UI. Must be HUD-Gauge based, and unique to ship classes instead of based on training messages.
- key-pressed. Needs to have an optional argument of who (or which ship) pressed the key, don't know if possible.
- Stuff to make certain spells work...

It opens a whole new can of worms entirely in terms of balance, but at least we get more variables to mess around with!

(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Latest playthrough of FE multi in Insane, for those who still think it's undoable : http://fr.xfire.com/video/43ce36/
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Droid803

I did it in a zeus too! Go me!
(´・ω・`)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Post-Multi Test #3

In bp2-mc02.fs2 "Corvette Strike", the game is too easy. Once closed in, the Sanctus and Narayanas are helpless. Recommend replacing some Sanctus with Karunas. The Narayanas are the only threat, and even then, they die once you get in range.

Offline Droid803

should have a Solaris at the end IMO.
(´・ω・`)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Post-Multi Test #3

In bp2-mc02.fs2 "Corvette Strike", the game is too easy. Once closed in, the Sanctus and Narayanas are helpless. Recommend replacing some Sanctus with Karunas. The Narayanas are the only threat, and even then, they die once you get in range.

The mission was initially made as more of a fun demo than an actual mission. It does need an update though. If people like capship coops, I can aim to make more of them.

Latest playthrough of FE multi in Insane, for those who still think it's undoable : http://fr.xfire.com/video/43ce36/

This video makes me think of 3 unrelated comments:
Your hud looks cool.
Xfire seems like a better option than fraps+premiere and it's free no?
The part where you assault the Shivan wing in their own dockingbay made me laugh somewhat uncontrollably for a few seconds. Not sure why.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yup, Xfire is free and the video capture thingy works quite nicely, as long as you know how to make it work nicely. You need a couple of workarounds to get it to detect FSO (it's still working only for retail and .10 by default, they're a bit late) and the capture tend to desync audio and video more often than not, but you can find some video editors to fix that.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras