Author Topic: "careless" tag  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
there's something I had on my mind some times ago ( at least one year ago actually ). I wanted to make a ship that attacks with "melee" weapon. the idea was simple, I was just making a weapon with a ridiculous range.
but there's two problems with that:
- the AI never comes close enough to the target to use the said weapon. It obviously has a minimum range, an area around the player that the AI will not trespass if it's not obliged to
- if you face the ship, it will run away, always.
So I've tought about that: a "careless" tag that would overide the said AI settings above. Is that possible?
SCREW CANON!

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:nervous:

Get lost! :ha:

Now get us that Shivan model! :lol:

Spoiler:
All in good fun, of course. :D Sounds like Sesq is working on some AI enhancements; he might be able to add this to one of the maneuver categories.  It's certainly possible.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
well, if you think about it, that tag would certainly make a certain shivan pof much more useful, no? :D
SCREW CANON!

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes... :drevil:

Actually, there's a spot in the code that handles just that... in Their Finest Hour, there's a hack to keep Beast (the Ravana) from swerving away from the Colossus as it jumps in; I bet it could be easily extended to a ship flag.