Author Topic: "Could not load WarpMap01 anim file"  (Read 1928 times)

"Could not load WarpMap01 anim file"
A friend of mine is experiencing problems with his fs2_open install. Hes using exactely the same files as i do (except the binary of course). source the binary is compiled from is the same (svn tagged with fs2_open_3_6_9 ), but its only working on my machine, not on his one.
Code: [Select]
$ ./fs2_open_r -mod mediavps
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x5b
ERROR: "Could not load WarpMap01 anim file" at fireball/fireballs.cpp:697

ne ideas what the reason for this is or how it can be fixed?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: "Could not load WarpMap01 anim file"
Computer specs for both your computers would be nice.

Have him try re-downloading mv_effects, mv_advefffects, mp_710_effects, and mp_710_adveffects.

Also, see if he can update his graphics card drivers.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

His Laptop: ftp://superdreadnought.dyndns.org/Upload/schlepptop.84-149-78-137_1163006138.jpg
My PC: P4 prescott 3ghz 1mb l2-cache 800mhz fsb; gigabyte motherboard; 1gig dual-channel ddr 400mhz; ati radeon 9600xt; audigy 4 (hardwaremixing supported)
both our os is ubuntu 6.10 edgy eft.

After commenting out the line responsible for the error msg in the source code it worked. (just except that some parts of ship models werent displayed; in some cases they were even replaced with a poker card).

the starnge thing about this is that hes using the same data files as i do ...

Offline mosteo

Hello.

I have the very same problem in a Toshiba laptop with an intel graphic card. I've also commented that line to get past of this error. I'm in kubuntu feisty.

Can we discard the casing as the problem? I've the game installed in a ext3 filesystems, perchance it was in a fat32 one in your computer that runs it?

Or maybe something related with the graphic card memory amount?

I could help in debugging this, I have a programmind background, should anyone point to me some directions on what to look for...

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
It's almost certainly the gfx card.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline mosteo

It's almost certainly the gfx card.

How to diagnose this further? Other openGL games run well in this laptop (for example Return to Castle Wolfenstein).

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's an Intel card right?

The usual advice is to tell people to run in D3D but that's obviously of no use to you.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline mosteo

After reading "thousands" of threads it may be related with compressed textures. I am not sure if the s3tc driver applies to my card (I guess it could -- since it uses de i915 driver). I'm going to try that for now.