Author Topic: Naboo file download  (Read 4764 times)

Offline rhettro

Naboo file download
http://www.box.net/shared/1nld9si0l1

Hey everyone,

A while back I wanted to learn how to create 3d models and import them into FreeSpace.  Someone on the board mentioned they wanted the Naboo Fighter because they liked how it looked.  As the EU ships are very low priority for the mod I did a version for the purposes of learning the tools.  The link provided is a ZIP file containing the blender model and POF of where I am currently.  The model is untextured, and no ship data has been input.  But in the interest of not wanting to loose my work I'm posting it here for others to play with.  My next step is to try my hand at texturing in Blender, feel free to take my model, improve or texture it as you wish. 

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: Naboo file download
It's looking very good. :yes:
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Hmm, I've always liked the sleek design of Naboo ships... Your scale is a bit off, but it's looking good indeed :yes:

Offline rhettro

Thanks guys,

Still lots of tweaking to do on it.

Offline PHRiSCo

Can you export to .obj or something so I can import into max?

Offline rhettro

http://www.box.net/shared/53fn5oluij

Okay,

Attached is a straight port from Blender to OBJ and 3ds.  The smooth surface parameters have gone in the conversion, but should be easy to reapply in MAX.

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
It looks like there's a crack/opening on the hull. Was it intentional?

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline rhettro

The model originated in Rhino as a NURBS surface, the color was created by splitting the surfaces and assigning materials, then exporting to polygon. The split is a gap between the two polygon surfaces.  I haven't gone back and tweaked the polygon model to remove these gaps, but it will happen.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The file's no longer downloadable. Is it still possible to get it?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]