Archived Boards > Blackwater Operations

BlackWater Operations Needs Your Help

<< < (2/9) > >>

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: Spoon on August 15, 2014, 03:53:27 pm ---It might help if you guys gave a general indicator on what level of quality you are looking for with models and textures.

--- End quote ---

Spoon is right on that account... the last update to your page was in 2010, and the screenshots on that page seem to be even older than that (also getting 404's on parts of the gallery), which isn't very indicative of what you are aiming for today

The other thing I'd like to mention is that it might help if people would know from the get-go how you are dealing with Intellectual Property; HLP veterans like myself know about the community-wide gentlemen's agreement to go with a Creative Commons Licence but to someone directed here it might not be readily appearant.

That said I'm going to see if I can drum up someone with the skillset you need. I know a few people who do but they all work in the games industry and are gainfully employed (at least last time I checked).

mjn.mixael:
Well that certainly is a motivator. PM Sent.

BlackDove:

--- Quote from: 0rph3u5 on August 15, 2014, 06:36:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: Spoon on August 15, 2014, 03:53:27 pm ---It might help if you guys gave a general indicator on what level of quality you are looking for with models and textures.

--- End quote ---

Spoon is right on that account... the last update to your page was in 2010, and the screenshots on that page seem to be even older than that (also getting 404's on parts of the gallery), which isn't very indicative of what you are aiming for today

The other thing I'd like to mention is that it might help if people would know from the get-go how you are dealing with Intellectual Property; HLP veterans like myself know about the community-wide gentlemen's agreement to go with a Creative Commons Licence but to someone directed here it might not be readily appearant.

That said I'm going to see if I can drum up someone with the skillset you need. I know a few people who do but they all work in the games industry and are gainfully employed (at least last time I checked).

--- End quote ---

These are good suggestions. I will see if Raven can post some shots of the work that's already finished.

Generally however, the aim is for it to be roughly on-par with the things you see done with the Media VP's, and the revamping of the existing canon models. Now certainly, ours don't have to be super spectacular, but that's the ballpark.

Also, regarding the models - I have no interest in owning them after I've paid for them, other than have them appear in BWO with no restrictions. All the other considerations are up to the modeler. If they want them to be used in other campaigns, it's up to them to enforce how they want their models to be associated with by other projects.

Put short, aside from them being in BWO, the work is the artists' to do with as they choose. That's the long and the short of it.

SF-Junky:
Unfortunately I do not have any texturing or modelling skills, but if I may make a suggestion: You should probably focus on finishing and releasing the first Act or so of the campaign. That might get you public attention and momentum and motivate people to contribute to the project. Because I don't think that I lie when I say that BWO is considered a dead project by a lot of people in this community already. This... well... "act of desperation" won't do much to negate that impression.

Nyctaeus:
Consider me working on models assigned to me by Raven. You will get everything finished.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version