Author Topic: Two feature requests from me and Woolie Wool  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Two feature requests from me and Woolie Wool
1. Render weapons with @Laser Length: 0.0 as 2D billboards (like glowpoints, engine glows, particles, etc.).  Some weapon effects just don't look right when they are mapped onto planes, and currently, it is impossible to make true 2-dimensional weapon effects.

2. A mission or ship flag that makes enemies randomly scream on death.  Since the "-wcsaga" flag has been dropped, it isn't possible to have enemies randomly scream on death anymore.  A mission/ship flag for random enemy death screams offers more flexibility.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Two feature requests from me and Woolie Wool
How's about making 2 a message table setting? It would be very easy to add it that way and I have to make some additions to that table this week anyway.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There are already ship flags to "Always scream on death" and "Never scream on death".  You can use those to force the messages.  I don't think WCSaga ever got a SCP feature where their enemies actually sent messages randomly, mostly because they seemed to have perpetual difficulty explaining what they actually wanted their features to do.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sending them randomly would be pretty easy though. It's pretty much the same as the changes I'm going to make to a couple of other message.tbl settings. Then we'd just let those flag settings overrule the default, random death screams.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
1. Render weapons with @Laser Length: 0.0 as 2D billboards (like glowpoints, engine glows, particles, etc.).  Some weapon effects just don't look right when they are mapped onto planes, and currently, it is impossible to make true 2-dimensional weapon effects.

What I do is make a "blank" dummy pof with nothing but a glowpoint...
Its hackish but it works.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I took a look at 1). Can't you already do this with the AI_Profiles setting? It's called something like Do Less Scream Checks.