Author Topic: The WoD questions and discussion thread  (Read 51344 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Perhaps they have better containment. An antimatter explosion is potentially so deadly that the reactor is designed to withstand the craft's explosion and float away with the debris. Nordera approach, on the other hand, can be summed up by "Conta...ee? Wos dat?".

Sorry, but I think A Wizard Elf Did It is a much more fun explanation. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Any sufficiently complicated technology is indistinguishable from magic, so it's less far apart than you think.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Perhaps they have better containment. An antimatter explosion is potentially so deadly that the reactor is designed to withstand the craft's explosion and float away with the debris. Nordera approach, on the other hand, can be summed up by "Conta...ee? Wos dat?".

got to love the black box approach
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
One thing I never understood is that the Nordera fighters explode violently because they apparently have a lot of conventional explosives and fuel in them, yet the Aestivals supposedly have antimatter in them and don't explode with much power at all...

Nordera like explosions and thus don't take precautions against them.

Cyrvans do not like explosions, and hence work to make them not happen.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!

What would be the point of that... if your ship is going down it's best to take as many enemies down with you as you can. Hence the explosion = desirable in that situation.

Except there's the possibility of friendly fire in that situation, not to mention the fact that the ejected pilot will probably end up exploding as well.  Cyrva really like not dying, what with their massive life spans and all.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Lorric

What would be the point of that... if your ship is going down it's best to take as many enemies down with you as you can. Hence the explosion = desirable in that situation.

I'm surprised you didn't think of this yourself, Damar. Explosions don't care who they blow up.

And that includes you inside your ejector pod.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Clearly you've never heard of accidents on the flight deck. Shame on you sir; have you never had a shuttle landing or takeoff accident?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Ejecting in a battlefield full of enemies is stupid. Why not some kind of proximity sensor with programming - if friendly IFFs outhumber hostile IFFs within projected blast radius, then suppress the explosion - if hostile IFFs outnumber friendly IFFs, then explode.

Offline Lorric

Ejecting in a battlefield full of enemies is stupid. Why not some kind of proximity sensor with programming - if friendly IFFs outhumber hostile IFFs within projected blast radius, then suppress the explosion - if hostile IFFs outnumber friendly IFFs, then explode.

Tell that to the pilot, Damar. And the "two for the price of one" friendlies.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
You lack the Cardassian sense of duty  :nono:

Offline Lorric

You lack the Cardassian sense of duty  :nono:

This is about Cyrvans, not Cardassians.

It's especially significant for Cyrvans with their long lifespans.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
If they were more like Cardassians they would be more successful. Isa had the right attitude. Crystal, not so much.

Offline Lorric

If they were more like Cardassians they would be more successful. Isa had the right attitude. Crystal, not so much.

Oh, you're just digging yourself into a hole, Damar.

That's the same Crystal who took out the Hertak Flagship.

The greatest hero of the whole war.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Maybe I would find that impressive if said ship wasn't built with a big gaping hole in it leading directly to its reactor chamber for no apparent reason.

Even a Pakled could have figured that one out.

Offline Lorric

Maybe I would find that impressive if said ship wasn't built with a big gaping hole in it leading directly to its reactor chamber for no apparent reason.

Even a Pakled could have figured that one out.

You are one of those people who won't admit when they are wrong, aren't you.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I am never wrong.

But if it makes you feel better, Crystal is still more competent than you and all of your Terran friends.

Offline Lorric

I am never wrong.

But if it makes you feel better, Crystal is still more competent than you and all your Terran friends,

You keep telling yourself that. See where it gets you...

Yes, she is. We were lucky to have her around. Destroying the Flagship single handed, rescuing the Cordi Queen single handed, forging the first Terran-Cyrvan force ever, made up of new recruits mostly into an elite fighting force and leading them to a string of victories, with inferior equipment to the enemy, all at the tender age of 65...

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
You're confusing her age with that of her sister, implying you subconsciously realize which one of them is really more competent but don't want to admit it.