Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 422709 times)

Offline Lorric

Is there nothing you can send us? If WoD2 is dead now, are there any missions we can play or anything?

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
There were no missions completed in the actual campaign (well Spoon says there are two but they're not complete as in tested :P)
Just a (big) bunch of tech-testing missions. These techs will be used in the rebuild, so not much of value was lost :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:26:17 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Wow. This is... surprising. And disappointing.

I'm sorry, but I can't just get as excited for this WoD remake as I was for WoD 2 (even if it will include the assets I need for my campaign).

Are you going to try to make WoD2 again after you finish this project? Or any chance of reopening the ask a character thread?

(Just to be clear I do not hold resentment towards you for this, after all you do this for free so we should be happy for anything we get).

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 When I began to read that post this is what came to mind.
 Once I finished reading Spoon's post I agreed with it, WoD was, quite frankly, a mess.
 Too many assumptions were made when balancing it (:p) and the low tech craft you have to play in some missions are the bane of (my) fun.

All in all, I wish you the best in revising WoD Spoon, it's a brute diamond you cobbled together, and as the saying goes: A diamond is a piece of coal that finished what it started.

Lorric, you should be relieved, Spoon has poured so much into this project and having the courage to revise it all should earn him respect form us. It shows how much he enjoys it.

Oh and REMOVE CORDI! :p

Offline Lorric

There goes the "pick Yaiceca as wingman on first mission, put missile up tailpipe" plan...  :lol:

On a serious note, what I would make of her in the game is something I was very curious about. Would she just be a dick through the whole game, or would you come to like her? I actually think she has the nicest face out of all those Cyrvans in the picture.

Offline Droid803

Are you going to try to make WoD2 again after you finish this project? Or any chance of reopening the ask a character thread?

I believe such is the entire motivation for remaking WoD1 in the first place, so perhaps "cancelled" is an incorrect term, but rather "shelved", though whenever Spoon gets around to working on WoD2 again it probably won't resemble the current build all too much so perhaps "cancelled" is the correct term after all?
(´・ω・`)

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
There goes the "pick Yaiceca as wingman on first mission, put missile up tailpipe" plan...  :lol:

On a serious note, what I would make of her in the game is something I was very curious about. Would she just be a dick through the whole game, or would you come to like her? I actually think she has the nicest face out of all those Cyrvans in the picture.

I do not understand this resentment. Most of what she said was true. As for her face, though... ugh, pass.

Offline Lorric

I believe such is the entire motivation for remaking WoD1 in the first place, so perhaps "cancelled" is an incorrect term, but rather "shelved", though whenever Spoon gets around to working on WoD2 again it probably won't resemble the current build all too much so perhaps "cancelled" is the correct term after all?

If it's on the backburner, that's okay. But if not, I would hope that Spoon would tell us the story of what was going to happen.

I do not understand this resentment. Most of what she said was true. As for her face, though... ugh, pass.

Silence, alien scum! Or I'll have to whip out my copy of Star Trek Invasion and destroy that Cardassian convoy...

Perhaps you'll like the Cyrvan on the bottom middle. A very Cardassian complexion.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:12:12 pm by Lorric »

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Isa has a rather Cardassian personality - that is one good thing. Her sister, on the other hand, would be more suited for the milksop Federation.

Offline Lorric

Isa has a rather Cardassian personality - that is one good thing. Her sister, on the other hand, would be more suited for the milksop Federation.

You'd have enjoyed playing as her then. That "milksop" federation seems to have done well enough against your race though... :)

What about the Cyrvan with the zombie Cardassian complexion, what do you think of her?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You were legit going to try and do a VN built into the campaign as well? I'm impressed.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Blame that fool Dukat, as well as the Klingons and Dominion for that.

As for your question - not enough scales. Zy are more visually appealing. I want a Zy wingman.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don't blame you, man, this sounded like hell and a half to work on. I am calling this a Good Decision. Plus WoD2 gave us that amazing trailer

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
after seeing spoons post title: 2 :warp: 12!

thank russel read everything.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
So long as you torture and abuse the mary sues with the nerf bat for countless hours, I shall be happy with that. :p

(I means seriously they need a huge nerf. Boring invincible ships are no fun. Give them a glaring weakness that can actually be exploited).
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Lorric

So long as you torture and abuse the mary sues with the nerf bat for countless hours, I shall be happy with that. :p

(I means seriously they need a huge nerf. Boring invincible ships are no fun. Give them a glaring weakness that can actually be exploited).

I wonder what Cyrvan voices sound like. Because he's going to be hearing a lot of them, in his head, criticising that decision. First he scrubs their very own campaign, then he sets about them with the nerf bat...  :lol:

EDIT: I wouldn't mind seeing the old balance preserved in some form though. Taking the Cyrvans on or just using them and obliterating the other races could be fun.

Offline Droid803

just using them and obliterating the other races could be fun.
I think since that's precisely the reason things happened the way they did.
Do you like punching babies?
Do you?
(´・ω・`)

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Speaking of just the Aestival, it has weaknesses. You just need practice and the proper strategies to exploit them. I'm sure that is true of all other CSA ships as well, "nerf" notwithstanding.

What I am really interested in seeing though is an Ayulerian battleship. I would enjoy finding the proper strategy to defeat it.

Heart stopped cold for a few seconds there. :shaking:

But, I suppose this isn't a bad idea at all. If doing this will improve upon the already-awesome WoD1, then I don't think I'm in any sort of position to be complaining. :p

One question though, if I may - Will the characters of WoD1 return? Or will even this aspect be rebuilt?

Offline Lorric

just using them and obliterating the other races could be fun.
I think since that's precisely the reason things happened the way they did.
Do you like punching babies?
Do you?

I'd just like to see the raw power of the Cyrvans unleashed in full and in all it's glory before Spoon bludgeons the poor Cyrvans with the nerf bat.

I do hope they remain the strongest race though, it wouldn't feel right if the Hertak took that spot from them.