Author Topic: knossos command line editing dont work ?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline w33d

knossos command line editing dont work ?
Hello !

let me start off by saying im supernoob when it comes to " modding " fs2. Ok so here i go:
My issue is when i open knossos ( i correctly installed fs2 from gog and installed it trough knossos, also media vpn 4.2.3 ) and i go to mediavpn, options, fso options, the command line is like " greyed out " i cant edit the values inside there.. So say i want smaa and it needs an value of 6 for " high or ultra " quality, i cannot do this.. As in this screenshoot:

https://imgur.com/JWSmbtq

How can i edit smaa value to something high ? In fact, all settings to " ultra high quality " Manually ? Sorry im supernoob when it comes to this back in the days i used fs2open ..
oh, and any idea how to get even more shockwaves when a big ship xplodes ? :)

Thanks a ton !!

EDIT: ALL OF A SUDDEN I LOST ALL MY SAVE DATA !!! I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE; I CHECKED ALL OVER APPDATA FOLDERS, FREESPACE2 DATA FOLDER MY GAMES ETC ETC, WHERE DID THEY GO OFF TO............. ?? WOW MAN THIS IS INSANELY SAD MAN..........................
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 03:29:35 pm by w33d »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: knossos command line editing dont work ?
the command line is like " greyed out " i cant edit the values inside there..

https://imgur.com/JWSmbtq

That's because in that screenshot no FSO build is specified.
You have to specify an FSO build because not all builds support all options - which is not a thing you will notice if you are on the Stable or RC release channel, which is recommended for non-development use.

oh, and any idea how to get even more shockwaves when a big ship xplodes ?

there is a $Shockwave Count: parameter in the ships.tbl - you could try to making a "addSW-shp.tbm" for your personal use; .tbm can be created with simple text editor, as they contain plain text.

Like so:
Code: [Select]
#Ship Classes

$Name: [insert name 1]
+nocreate
$Shockwave Count: [insert natural number 1]

$Name: [insert name 2]
+nocreate
$Shockwave Count: [insert natural number 2]

[repeat for all valid ships]

#End

Shouldn't do much gameplay-wise as the damage and impact are handle through the Explosion Blast Values of a ship.

(the file would go into the data/tables subfolder of any mod you want it to apply to - BUT to avoid any conflict you should set up a mod at our end that uses the mod you want to use it with as a dependency)

EDIT: ALL OF A SUDDEN I LOST ALL MY SAVE DATA !!! I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE; I CHECKED ALL OVER APPDATA FOLDERS, FREESPACE2 DATA FOLDER MY GAMES ETC ETC, WHERE DID THEY GO OFF TO............. ?? WOW MAN THIS IS INSANELY SAD MAN..........................

What kind of save data? Your pilot profiles?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."