Author Topic: Timeline?  (Read 2387 times)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Hey. I noticed that on the Wiki section of the Hades Rebellion, there are references to ST:R's canon in gray. So I was wondering if there's a reference bible for the timeline in-game as well. If so, with the release of ST:R, will it be public? If it can't be public, can we know the dates that occur in-game? For example, when does, say, the first mission of ST:R take place, or when does Cloak and Dagger happen?

Also: Can anyone confirm that everything in gray is absolutely related to ST:R?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What do you mean, a reference bible in-game?  The command briefings contain the dates of major events, if that's what you're looking for.  And the dates on that page are taken from the dates in the missions.

Yes, everything in gray on that page is directly related to ST:R.  The one flexible point is whether the player actually is Bosch or not.  While we deliberately made the campaign compatible with that interpretation, we also deliberately refrained from making that interpretation explicit.

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
I meant for dates not listed in the game like the failed attack on the Talus Particle Accelerator (May 1st), or I might've missed it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That happened "approximately one hour ago", according to the briefing, so I'd safely assume it's on the same date.

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
Alright. Thanks. So the pirates in the campaign are actually members of the Antares Federation?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
In the current version, no; they're just pirates.  But Galemp has made a different mission that will replace the current one; and in that, the attack comes from the nascent Antares Federation.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
there will be a new version?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions