Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 762736 times)

Offline Daz

Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
Hi. I haven't played Freespace (2) before and was really looking forward to it. I have been using the installer to get bits and pieces of the game over a few nights on my laptop. I'm up to the last piece that I wanted (Advanced media VPS and FS Port), but the installer doesn't work any more.

What I have been doing: It starts up okay, Click next, next, uncheck yes to all, click next. At this point, it freezes. The screen where you check the packages you want stays completely greyed out. I tried it with both the JAR and exe versions of the installer (Windows may have updated. I wasn't really paying attention). The only thing I can think of that's changed on my system is that I have rebooted it, which I didn't do between the other installs.

I also tried just leaving it for a while, to see if it was still working, but it stayed the same for a number of hours.

I may just try and finish the installation off on another computer later tonight.

Thanks!

edit: Using Windows XP with all updates. Virus scanner is McAfee, but I turned it off to make sure.
edit2: Also happens on my Vista computer.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:36:35 am by Daz »

Offline kazbear

I just installed with the installer yesterday on another computer with no probelms.  Right now, i get the same as the post above...

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://www.sectorgame.com/goober/dem.txt

Looks like Gooby used up all his bandwidth :blah:...  I bet he really hates us now...
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Your saying that that's the problem or Gooby will be pissed? That wouldn't cause the problem, I assume like these two that it must have been an update.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Daz

Yeah, now that I think back properly, windows did update. It had the "Install updates and shut down" option, but I didn't take any notice of it.

Offline kazbear

For my part, I did not do a Windows Update.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:56:30 am by kazbear »

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Well, maybe it wasn't the exceeded bandwidth that killed the application, but it was the first line in the error log.  Perhaps if it wasn't, the log may be able to tell what the real problem was.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline kazbear

:) working now...

The tools section of what?
I'm obviously missing something here thats gonna get me laughed at.
The installer has an option to install "Tools". Basically stuff like the FS2Net Game Viewer, PCS2, VPView, ModelView, stuff like that.

Oh,....that tools section, I was thing inside the tunnel looking all over this site for the tools section LOL, but do I feel stupid.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
The tools section of what?
I'm obviously missing something here thats gonna get me laughed at.
The installer has an option to install "Tools". Basically stuff like the FS2Net Game Viewer, PCS2, VPView, ModelView, stuff like that.

Oh,....that tools section, I was thing inside the tunnel looking all over this site for the tools section LOL, but do I feel stupid.
You were "thing inside the tunnel" were you?

I hope he packed a lunch...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I hope he packed a lunch...
lol that's what I was thinking. Or maybe if he is the thing, he is Carl?

If he doesn't watch it in those tunnels and vents he'll be a part of Carl, but no, Wolfen is not Carl. Carl is Carl. This is Carl. Huh. Have a lunch?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
If he doesn't watch it in those tunnels and vents he'll be a part of Carl, but no, Wolfen is not Carl. Carl is Carl. This is Carl. Huh. Have a lunch?
I'd post the Carl pic if every link to it wasn't Rick Roll'd.

Curse you, Goob.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Ok somebody is playing around with the message board here, I have looked at some of my past posts and theres a different handle on each one, I really hope its a computer glitch cause I'd really hate to think that theres somebody on here who gets his kicks from trying to mess with people.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Ok somebody is playing around with the message board here, I have looked at some of my past posts and theres a different handle on each one, I really hope its a computer glitch cause I'd really hate to think that theres somebody on here who gets his kicks from trying to mess with people.

If you're posting a message, you get the correct names in the "topic summary" at the bottom of the page.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Spartan_0214 posting here: I knew this would happen. Goob, you have a twisted, sadistic sense of humor. I'd bet you don't change usernames when you post...actually, it is pretty funny

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
wort wort wort!

If you're posting a message, you get the correct names in the "topic summary" at the bottom of the page.

Ok but why does it change on the post itself?
And why when I just looked back at my old posts my name is wolfen again?
I'm just wondering if its at my end or if somebody's messing around cause I read other posts that had 1 name when I first looked at it, and a completely different name the second time I looked at it.