Author Topic: Those special FreeSpace moments...  (Read 46636 times)

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
Re: Those special FreeSpace moments...
Nor have I.

I did however, kill a Shivan by crashing into it. :drevil:

Yeah, I've killed a few shivans by smacking 'em. When I'm in a heavy fighter ramming becomes part of my strategy, since bonking a Manticore in a Herc 2 does essentially no damage to you but quite a bit to the Manticore.
Sounds... weird :P

Believe me, it is a fantastic thing that you have a whole 1% of life and you are rammed by an alled Vasudan...
You wish to go back to the 14-year war and kill tke b****rd.
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What about if it's a fellow Terran?

That just pisses me off more.

Offline eliex

Once I recall when I was playing on FS1 OEM, on a multiplayer mission, Reaching the Zenith I caught sight of a GTS Centaur going to dock and rearm a Shivan Basilisk. No mistake seriously - it was still and the Centaur was on the standard docking procedure.

I was so stunned that I quickly gunned down both the Centaur and the Basilisk. Even till now, I regret it because I'll never see what will happen.  :sigh:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Once I recall when I was playing on FS1 OEM, on a multiplayer mission, Reaching the Zenith I caught sight of a GTS Centaur going to dock and rearm a Shivan Basilisk. No mistake seriously - it was still and the Centaur was on the standard docking procedure.

I was so stunned that I quickly gunned down both the Centaur and the Basilisk. Even till now, I regret it because I'll never see what will happen.  :sigh:

You're joking! :lol:

I was so tired but excited about the new release of FSPort last night that, when I entered the first mission, I accidentally hit Alt+J.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Lucika

What about if it's a fellow Terran?

That just pisses me off more.

There is a Terran Emperor who uses my quotes in his signature...
It doesn't piss me off at all :D

Offline Lucika

How long was that?

When I first clicked COMMIT, I went, "Get ready to type www.freespace2.com." :D

The absolutely best moment in FS is when you fire on your intructor for the first time!

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw
...with Shivan Super Laser... ;)
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

Offline Lucika

...with Shivan Super Laser... ;)

...for the third time  :D

Offline eliex

More like the feeling of satisfaction when you turn traitor and single handedly defeat 11 other fighters and a Deimos corvette!!  :nod:

You're joking! :lol:

Really, I still see at least one weird thing in FS every week!  :D

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
That's the reward of being in such an old community. Almost everything is discovered, but new stuff is always found.

I was doing up TSM-69 yesterday when I accidentally made the Colossus turn too close to the Lucifer. The result: the Lucifer hooked itself onto the Colossus and got dragged along with it as the Allied warship did a 90-degree turn.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Lossmar

• Shivan Reaver
those special Freespace moments ..... hmmmm i got plenty of those .

First apperance of Psamtik blowing Belisarius with single shot .

First doubts about my CO's when they let Bosh escape .

Flying between Carthage and Goliath when they start to rip each others hulls with beams powerful enough to vaporize my ship in a matter of seconds .

Hearing my wingmen dies from the hands of the last Mara fighter half a second before my Harpoons can turn this piece of Shivan **** to scrap metal .

Hunting NTF bombers and Cyclops bombs heading for the Enif station , knowing that my failure means death sentence to civilians on station .

First deployment and Sacrifice of Colossus .

Jumping out from Nebula after Slaying Ravana with 9 % of hull integrity and all of my wingmens dead .

This is only small percent of special moments from this special game .

Hail Freespace !!! May it live forever !! :]

BTW my first post :P welcome :]
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8117/userbar704480ke3.gif

Meet the GTVA Collossus largest space-faring ship ever constructed.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
* Androgeos Exeunt test-fires his new LRABeam on Lossmar.

My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
*Whistles for Kara*

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
One or two is fine. Don't push it.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I won't, UT. :)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Derelict:  The subspace no-shields line.  Also all the duct tape.  Especially where Mackie(?) *****es about his cockpit being held together by it.  And the Nyarlhotepthingy that no-one can pronounce or spell popping out into the subspace tunnel.  And its emergence into realspace straight into the civilian fleet.

FS2 Campaign: "DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!"  Biggest "OH MY F**KING GOD!" moment for me in a videogame.  I haven't seen anything like that since.  Video games have really gone downhill.  And we don't need modern video games for graphics with the shiny new 3.6.10 MediaVP's.  Well TBH, the whole campaign can be included in this category of "special moments".

JAD: Everything JAD.  Disco, transforming Shivan ships, Alpha 1 wanting to join the Vasudans since Command is so incompetent, the Myrmidon bombers, the list will never end.  Especially when JAD4 comes out.  Although JAD3: Samuel L. Jackson Edition would be nice.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Lucika

The ending of Sync...

Anyone who played Sync here? I didn't like the ending... not because of what happened, but because that everything remained soooo unexplained...

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
The ending of Sync...

Anyone who played Sync here? I didn't like the ending... not because of what happened, but because that everything remained soooo unexplained...

Yeah, Sync was like that. A delightful piece of mind****ery, but it remains ultimately unexplained.

Transcend is the king of all campaigns when it comes to how well missions are FREDed...especially that last battle.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Lucika

The ending of Sync...

Yeah, Sync was like that. A delightful piece of mind****ery, but it remains ultimately unexplained.

Transcend is the king of all campaigns when it comes to how well missions are FREDed...especially that last battle.

Just to see whether I misunderstood anything: we get back to GTVA space right when the Shivans are coming, right?

In this case, does the you-know-what-at-the-end-it-would-be-spoiler thing happens AFTER Capella? (It's highly probable, but there are no unknown craft... for those who have played FS2.)

I never forget the 1st deployment of the GTVA Colossus. I coudn't believe, that this is OUR vessel. It seemed so big, so powerfull to me  :)
And later the moment, when I saw Colo destroyed by the Sathanas  ;7
Knowledge is the power, guard it well...^