Author Topic: april demo in linux :)  (Read 1911 times)

april demo in linux :)
Ahoy, pilots!

I downloaded this demo (rofl, yeh?). Tryed to run in linux-built fs2-demo. It starts fs2. Tryed to start in winex - starts WC - SAGA demo. Anybody knows what to do to run it in linux?
It is good day to die! Have a nice day...

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
i had icculus.org's linux builds working just fine - you may wish jump over to the SCP forum and read through Taylor's linux build thread
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Thanx for reply.

But... Huh! I havn't found how to run WC SAGA in linux. :) (Maybe i missed it?) Just howto run FS2

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Hirnfuhler
Thanx for reply.

But... Huh! I havn't found how to run WC SAGA in linux. :) (Maybe i missed it?) Just howto run FS2

WCS is based on SCP. Just follow the instructions. Be aware that certain options won't work (i.e. tech database), unless you have full version of FS2
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

The problem is that latest CVS fs2 (from icculus.org) works fine, but it doesn't see data/ dir with WC...

/me sits now and reads those damn 182 pages with instructions :)