Author Topic: Model no show  (Read 1971 times)

None of my models are showing even after running in original FS2 mode or with the flag -novbo

fs2 log in attachments

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Code: [Select]
  OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
  OpenGL Renderer  : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
  OpenGL Version   : 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.4358
You might want to try a recent Nightly Build; the shaders were made compatible with the OpenGL Core profile, which may make them work better with Intelgrated graphics.

That being said, if you really want to use 3.7.4, the option you probably want to try is -no_glsl.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

the -no_glsl worked. thank you...but if you have the nightly build link I would appreciate it.  thanks again for looking into this for me...it was pissing me off not being able to find the freaking hanger haha

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:05:54 pm by Tavour.Airis »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
will do let me try the flag if that doesn't work ill try the nightly build...do you happen to have a link to the nightly build?
:wtf: I linked you to an entire subforum full of nightly builds. What, do you want it in giant, bold font?

Here you go.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Out f*cking standing....John Wayne would be proud of your sarcasm sir :)   thanks for the help guys

Code: [Select]
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_2014\MV_Advanced.vp' ... Failed to read file entry (currently in directory )!
0 files

btw this file is corrupted. Try download it again. ;)

Also running MV_advanced might not be the best idea on integrated graphics.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Why not?
I have one generation older Intel GPU and it runs ok on nightly in "Universal Truth" or "Her finest hour".
Ofc shadows and FXAA disabled for better fps. ;)

edit:
nvm. somehow intel windows drivers are more limited :nervous:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:58:17 am by tomimaki »

well once I put in the other flag...I didn't have any issues with the models. the only issues I have had have been the game crashing before a mission or campaign but when I start it back up it works just fine and I can continue from there. As far as my graphics cards...im doing some trouble shooting as to why my SLI'd pair of GTX580's aren't showing up...at all...ima have to check out the wiring in my box