Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163744 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
You're displaying tunnel vision again. Too much focusing on the Hertak, not enough focusing on the big picture.

3rd Zy arrives on Aqua next turn. It doesn't attack the 2nd Sf, but jumps away to Tamy, taking no damage, because of the nebula. Next turn, it seeds Tamy with a supernova device.

Say bye-bye to resupplies, southern front.

BTW, Spoon, that change-of-slipstream-destination trick they pulled was nasty. Shame on you.
Again?

If it wants to do that, we can't prevent it. the 2nd SF can Resupply and play cat and mouse with the Zy if necessary.

Also, it took a few turns for the explosion, and furthermore, it wouldn't cut the supply lines as long as we have an unbroken line through from Sol down South via Virgo and around.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
I suppose they can.

Well, I'm not 100% convinced. However, if there are no other objections, I'm willing to go after the 3rd Hert.

Oh, lovely Draco, I'm coming back to you.

'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

I suppose they can.

Well, I'm not 100% convinced. However, if there are no other objections, I'm willing to go after the 3rd Hert.

Oh, lovely Draco, I'm coming back to you.
This will be the third time you have entered battle. And the third time an enemy fleet has fallen before you. I hope that streak continues.

Offline Veers

Can always drag out a full retreat, back to Tamy and back to Vega/Aquarius.

I'd like to withdraw the 1st CRF for resupply, I'm little help overall right now. After surviving that attack, and appears not joining the doomstack assault worked in my favour too. Sorry about that Lepanto.

Ideally, I think we still need to concentrate on removing several of the smaller fleets first, they are going to cause havoc amongst our lines and rear guards. While the main Her'tak continues along.

Eliminate more of their fleets, less reinforcements available for the Doom Stack. We're going to lose fleets attacking it regardless, but if we deny their reinforcements fleets. It be comes easier.

So I think our priorities for this turn need to focus on stopping the 3nd Zy and Crux Fleets from advancing. Eliminating supporting fleets needs to remain our priority while staying as safe as possible from loosing our own.

EDIT: Spoon, Master in Logistics please. Also, thanks for officially confirming the 1st CRF status as being incredibly awesome.. :D
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

I think it's a mistake not to kill the 3rd Hertak while we can.

The only other fleet that could step in to do the job is the 1st CSA, but they'd take an obscene amount of retreat damage to do it.

Offline Lorric

If people don't want to kill the third Hertak, I would advocate a full retreat on both fronts right back to Ruba Pegasi, Lyrae and Polaris to make a final do-or-die stand at full strength with our reborn fleets back on the map. There are no weak Hierarchy fleets, so they won't strengthen themselves much by us doing that.

This is something I have thought we will have to do at some point, but ideally not yet, only after we have inflicted as much damage as possible.

Again I would much rather the third Hertak dies this turn. I would prefer to keep fighting either until we are unable to kill fleets on the front, a serious breach is achieved by the Hierarchy, or our supplies run out, whichever comes first. Then retreat for the final stand.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Pretty certain our Mercs expires next turn niffy. :p That being said, that put me in a dilemma, since I really can't be attacking like this, because I'll lose my mercs right after it. Hmmm....

Oh, I thought that the next moves we posted were for turn 10, and mercs would be available for use then? i.e. expires next turn and can be renewed the same turn?

Code: (turn 9 results) [Select]
2nd UGCR Fleet:
 - Fighter attack strength: 18 (13+2+1)
 - Capital attack strength: 15 (15+1)
 - Fighters at 116% Strength, 3rd Gen
 - Capital ships at 92% Strength
 - Morale: High
 - Mercs on Cooldown, Available again on turn 10
 - Master in Logistics

If I'm wrong, yes, I'll be hauling down the taunt flag PDQ :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Veers

What happens if we take the enemy systems and make the whole map green? Can we do that?
It's possible, thought it will not immediately win you the game. New enemy fleets will continue to arrive from the red starlances. Though if you guys are really kicking that much ass it might be needed to expand the starmap and give you guys the opportunity to start a counter offensive. But I'll doubt it'll go that smoothly!

Oi guys, lets launch that counter-offensive in the Northern Sector once you clear out Crux a little more. Perhaps force the Her'tak into a retreat?.. :D (I can dream sometimes)

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Enioch

Yeah, let's better not. :-P

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Oh, I thought that the next moves we posted were for turn 10, and mercs would be available for use then? i.e. expires next turn and can be renewed the same turn?
I'll allow it!

Oh no, I has dead.  :(

I have no intention of staying dead, though. Aggressive Leader, please.
Roger

I input a conservative turn, just to have something up in case i go AWOL (because I will be traveling all over Europe next week). Hey, Spoon, when's the deadline?
Let's go with friday, next turn on sunday

Oh, sorry, I thought you always rounded up.

Wait a sec.

Here we go. Try this.
Purrrfect
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'll allow it!

Huzzah & thank you :D
(I think, it means I'm following a plan akin to looking like a tasty worm on a hook...)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

Yooooohooooo. We need a plan, time's creeping on. We can't have everyone doing their own thing or we'll be picked apart.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Indeed. I'm staring down the DoomStack currently...anyone want to help?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I've got near-100% fleet with Combined Arms prepared. I probably couldn't survive alone, but with two other fleets pounding them...

Offline Lorric

I've got near-100% fleet with Combined Arms prepared. I probably couldn't survive alone, but with two other fleets pounding them...
You and Droid could always attack one of the Fura'ngle fleets. But if we're not killing the 3rd Hertak, I would go for a full retreat. I want to kill the 3rd Hertak though.

Whatever we do, the 3rd SF is free to double Resupply. There is no third fleet to join you and Droid. The 3rd SF, unlike the 1st CRF which is why I want it to attack, can't deliver a killer blow, and as it is in the back, it should heal.

Offline Enioch

I'm going after the 3rd Htk. But I will require help on that front.

Offline Lorric

I'm going after the 3rd Htk. But I will require help on that front.
Then Veers must be persuaded not to run away.

Offline Veers

I'm not keen on doing it, but orders changed to attacking 3rd Her'tak.

And please adjust my leadership ability to Aggressive leader instead of Master of Logistics. Thanks Spoon.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:27:37 pm by Veers »

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

Cheers Veers. That sounds nice, doesn't it? Cheers Veers... :)

Offline Veers

:P

WoD - I like Crystal. <3