Author Topic: X2 and other x universe ships  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Trekker

X2 and other x universe ships
Hi, has anyone produced any x2 of x universe ships or even a mod?

Treky

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Not AFAIK.

Theyd have to be scaled down considerably from the original or made from scratch because the polycount would probably be off the charts for many ships. I would guess this is why no one has done that yet...

Mod FS to X(2)??? Where's the point? Make FS look like X2 (bumps shadows etc) I'd say they are on their best way onto it....

Offline Trekker

Originally posted by quadrophoeniX
Mod FS to X(2)??? Where's the point? Make FS look like X2 (bumps shadows etc) I'd say they are on their best way onto it....

so least u could play x2 in muti player and settinle once and for all which ship is the best

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Originally posted by MatthewPapa
Theyd have to be scaled down considerably from the original or made from scratch because the polycount would probably be off the charts for many ships. I would guess this is why no one has done that yet...

The ships aren't very high-poly. ...and they use crappy tiled textures like most FS2 ships. The bump maps and shadows are the real trick.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Trekker

so least u could play x2 in muti player and settinle once and for all which ship is the best

Using hitpoint (etc) statistics arbitrarily set by the modder?

Offline Trekker

i am sure egosft would assist in giving certain details that would be required to have  an identical ship