Author Topic: wxfred2 branch created on GitHub repo  (Read 1196 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
wxfred2 branch created on GitHub repo
OK, the LCD on my laptop decided to die on me during the middle of me posting this. I've got it hooked up to a monitor I used on an older desktop, so hopefully this time around IT won't die on me. :nervous:

I created a branch on the GitHub repo for the further development of wxFRED. We're diving into unknown territory in regards to where the FRED code ends and the core engine fs2_open code begins, so hopefully by branching off we'll be able to do some things that would otherwise break standard FRED or necessitate major changes to the codebase.

If there are any objections to having the branch exclusive to the GitHub repo, I can just as easily make the branch on the SVN so that on the following Git/SVN sync it'll be on both.

Hopefully, the branch will allow us to figure out a good workflow on the GitHub repo, especially concerning the interaction between non-badged contributors and the fs2_open code base. It's common practice on GitHub for users to fork a copy of a particular repo and start working on their changes and ideas without worry of interfering with the owners/developers of the repo they forked. When said users feel they have something they want pushed/committed to the main repo, they issue a "pull request" which basically asks the owners/developers of the forked repo to "pull" portions of the user's fork into the main repo.

I remember chief mentioning something about external references being a potential problem for the build scripts?
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: wxfred2 branch created on GitHub repo
Ummm

Did you actually push that branch to the repo?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nami

I was just able to check out the branch. 

For anyone wondering what I did, I used this:
Code: [Select]
git fetch origin
git checkout --track origin/wxfred2

Thanks for doing this!
Nami aka Mirakus

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ummm

Did you actually push that branch to the repo?

The branch exists on the GitHub repo, but doesn't have commits on it just yet. It doesn't exist on the SVN, currently.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.