Author Topic: Inf outtakes download question  (Read 27990 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Inf outtakes download question
The model is really buggy...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Another thing is, if you have a great video card, I don't think having a higher poly huge ship will hurt performance. Maybe a brand new Radeon HD card is so good that it isn't a worry.
Maybe, but you can't cater for what is usually a handful of people who have uber rigs when the majority are using far weaker specs systems.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:08:14 am by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yes ,I agree with High Max ,computer tech evolves very fast ,and especially given how fast Inferno is going we can assume that when it will be done ,computers will be able to well handle HTL Gargant ,maybe even a completely new version of Windows will be out ,so I think you can release the old model and make HTL one.
INF SCP should use mainly ,if not only ,HTL models.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Do you think Inferno would be done by the time they make a Final Fantasy XXVIII? :P

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Sure, if you have someone willing to upgrade the remaining 80+ of them :nervous:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Do you think Inferno would be done by the time they make a Final Fantasy XXVIII? :P

Yes.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, depends. Do you mean Inferno SCP, or Inferno as a project?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It doesn't matter if you bring Final Fantasy XXVIII into the equation...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It doesn't matter if you bring Final Fantasy XXVIII into the equation...
I doubt Final Fantasy XXVIII will even be made... Come on Square would be a dead by then.

Doubt it.  They've been around since Final Fantasy I all the way to XXII, and they just released The Last Remnant.  Plus I heard SquareEnix has the publishing rights to SupCom2.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ok, we're the way off topic.

The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
So let's get back on it.  :)
Sure, if you have someone willing to upgrade the remaining 80+ of them :nervous:

I thought INF SCP is taking full adventage of SCP features ,so there will be HTL Models ,Hi-res textures ,high quality effects ,all in Mediavp standard ,if not better. If it uses old models why it's taking such long?
I was thinking: "OK ,it's taking very much time ,so I will most likely see the most polished and high quality mod within FS universe ,in the same quality level as FoTG or BtRL".
And I asked for outtakes because of thinking like "it will take a long time to release fully polished mod ,so I can use some old models and eventually replace them with better version later"
So can somebody put INF outtakes on FSMods please?
There was also HTL Earth model either on Fileplanet or completely unavailable (it means the same for me).
Can you also upload it (and maybe don't ask why)?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Upgrading models needs time and a workforce. With Woomeister being the only active modeller, what do you expect? Also, the team is currently focused on INFASA so INF SCP is not a priority at the moment.

You're also forgetting that Inferno is not a mere set of new ships and weapons, only. There are campaigns of relevant importance based on the new Inferno continuity. If they're not done, the modpack can't be released.

HTL Earth model? We're using detailled bitmaps now, so no Earth model.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I was thinking of this: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,37185.0.html
On the bottom of the post is awesome picture of Earth (don't worry about lightning ,I will find a solution)
I don't see this model in INF1Path I have. Files in this thread are all unavailable ,I would like to have Planet model of this quality. Can you upload those files elsewhere? As I have mentioned I would like to use HTL Earth ,as well as some other files (like Sehat-Thor from INFouttakes).
I know planet models aren't normally used ,but I'm sure you can make planet model that looks good. Those who seen X3 should know what I'm talking about. Moving atmosphere ,planet rotation (seen only on SETA ,but we also have time compression and it's quite useful on autopilot) with proper lighting and even clouds shadow on the ground (I think ,I have seen X3 on max graphics only once). I know It's hard to do ,but certainly possible (two submodels ,animated textures ,and it should work) when I'm unsure about animated backgrounds.
So I think instead of dumping Earth model you should remake it. Of course it's only my opinion ,I'm not a modeller or coder ,so I don't know what is really possible or not ,but I hope you will consider my suggestion when making INF SCP.
Whetever used in INF or not I have plans for Earth model ,and because INFR1 version is very lo-quailty ,I want to ask you to upload new model ,which I cannot find anywhere (and of course the outtakes).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You should ask Shadow000 himself because that modified version of INFR1 is not official. In other words, it wasn't created by the Inferno Team.

About the Earth model - bitmaps are much easier to use...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Bitmaps are much easier to use, yeah.
Also, skyboxes are are a whole lot better as they don't have funky lighting issues. (And animated skyboxes work *points to subspace missions*)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Doubt it.  They've been around since Final Fantasy I all the way to XXII, and they just released The Last Remnant.  Plus I heard SquareEnix has the publishing rights to SupCom2.

You're about ten Final Fantasies ahead of yourself.

I'm looking forward to INFASA. However, I hope the Inferno team knows that most of us consider INF:SCP the real deal.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'm looking forward to INFASA. However, I hope the Inferno team knows that most of us consider INF:SCP the real deal.

You already know what, more or less, INF SCP will be about... shouldn't more original campaigns attract your attention?

I for one believe that INFA2 will be the best INF campaign. It's just an impression, though.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

You already know what, more or less, INF SCP will be about... shouldn't more original campaigns attract your attention?

I for one believe that INFA2 will be the best INF campaign. It's just an impression, though.

INF SCP's setting and plot are more viscerally interesting than INFA's setting, which feels like more of a prelude or buildup.