Author Topic: The U.S. is losing friends left and right.  (Read 23969 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Re: The U.S. is losing friends left and right.
You forgot the chinese, you pissed them off talking to dalai lama

Don't you just love how two people have a conversation and a nation goes ballistic... and other times millions of people's lives are quietly extinguished (*coughIranVietnamcough*) and hardly a word is uttered about them?  Seems like the U.S. offends the world at the drop of a hat these days.

That I agree with.

"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

Don't you just love how two people have a conversation and a nation goes ballistic... and other times millions of people's lives are quietly extinguished (*coughIranVietnamcough*) and hardly a word is uttered about them?  Seems like the U.S. offends the world at the drop of a hat these days.

Remember, tradition and religion means more than a person's life!   :)

:sigh:
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict

Remember, tradition and religion means more than a person's life!   :)

:sigh:
That's essentially the whole idea here. We are all ethnocentric to some degree and that causes problems.
This sig is equal to -i.

Free Vasudans! Clicky here!!

Care to kill a flame war™?

"Is it just me or are the squirrels getting more and more waterlogged?" - Tyr

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" -Me
"Are you trying to exorcise my Rubik's cube?" -Tyrian

"Life's an adventure*plunge*" -Tyrian
"You call plunging a toilet an adventure?" -Me

I love you man.  I love you GUyuzzzzzz

Man, I love this Lunesta stuff......

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
...Is made for sleeping with.  Go rest.  ;)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
There is however a huge difference between 300,000 and 3000. Wanna try saying that only 60,000 Jews died in the holocaust and see how far that gets you?

Every death is tragic, being 1 or a million.. And that was a typo..the number should be 30000.
What I'm irritated about is the placing of all balme on our dorstep, for what we did and didn't do, and the lies that circle about.

In order to understand everything you'd need to know the history and relationships between the people in this region. I'd take way too long to explain that, so I'll try and skip that. I'll just give you a few fact to ponder on:

1. Ever since Croatia joined Yugoslavia (and even before that the same thing happened with other unions we rushed inot), Croats had no say in what was going on. Alltough Yugoslava was supposed to be a losoe federation, every important position was filled with serbs. All the higher ranking military officers, government officials, etc. were Serbs, except a few exceptions that you could count on one hand. Most of the military was serbs too. So a lot of thing that were commanded and exectuted by serbs ended up on our soul.

2. Most historians never set foot in Croatia. the few that did talked to 3 people and that's it. Hardly historicly accurate. Whole population of villages were reported dad by Sebs, yet the vilalges and it's people are still there, alive and well. A lot of names of dead on the lisits are dead from previous wars*. As I said, Serbs** have a great propaganda, and they aren't the only ones involved in the media war either. AS to the accuracy of historians, one little tidbit is more that enough to see just how plaing wrong they are. Most of them refer to the conflict as a "civil war". If you look up under the civil war definition, you'll see that's just plain wrong.

*There have been reserches and documentaries done about it, but they are very slow to leak out inot the world. Internet publications is still in it's infancy here I'm afraid.

**I don't want anyone to think that I hate Serbs. I had quite a few good friends before the war. Still do. In fact, some of htem are visiting from Belgrade this month. FYI, I'm refering to the more extremist ones.

3. Britain has been a royal pain in the a** for my country since forever. In fact, they have been working against us for decades. Look a bit in their part in the little massacre called Srebrenica. I would rather turst a četkink (extremist serbian soldier) than anything the brit government sez.

4. The victors don't write the history, the powerfull ones do. Our history is being re-written for us. More than enough evidence for it is hte travesty known as Haag. Just reading a bit about it is enough to see that it's a faulty, politicly influenced travesty whos sole purpose is to equalize blame. The "higher powers" are not interested in truth.  You have to ask yourself why would anyone want to do that?
Becosue he higher powers didn't want Yugoslava to break up. Even now we're being pushed into a "new Yugoslavia" by the EU.

5. The level of extremism and tensions here go back hunderds of years. It's hard for anyone to understand, heck I don't understand how can something like that happen.
I'll give you a few small examples.
Two neighbours in a village, friends. known eachother for over 30 years, their children married eachother. When Croatia declared independance and the Serbsian forces were on the move the serbian neighbour took up his rifle and killed his croatian nehgbour and his family.
Or how about a 80 years old grandma runing around with a old WW1 rifle wanting to kill croats, then baking cookes for the serbian forces that buthered every croat in the village?
How can you even comprehand that? It's worse than those terrorist sleepers! Now if people are willing to do that, you'd really think they would think anything of giving false testimonies? Tehy couldn't win in a normal armed conflict, so now tehy're out fgting a meda war...and sady, tehy are winning.

just ponder on those thnigs for awhile...

EDIT: Just for hte record I think the number of 6,000,000 jews dead a bit inflated. Some time ago I did a little research out of curiosity, looking up the pupulations lists made just before the war for various countries Germany invaded. It's been a while but methinks the total number of jews in those countries was below 6 million.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
A bit of spell checking needed perhaps?
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Why? It's a complete load of unsubstantiated paranoid bollocks. Spell-checking it won't help that.

Actually while I'm here, What part did the British play in Srebrenica?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:16:22 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Ah, well I'm trying to be neutral here.
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline Mika

EDIT: Damned forum logging system made me post in to wrong topic!
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Why? It's a complete load of unsubstantiated paranoid bollocks. Spell-checking it won't help that.

So is everything that comes out of your mouth, yet you don't see me nagging.

Unsubstantiated? Not in the least.
 All you have to do for confirmation is make a chronological analysis of the EU's actions from the begining of the conflict till know.

Actually while I'm here, What part did the British play in Srebrenica?

Thousands of refugees surrenderd to them so they would escape from the serbs. They pleaded to them so they wouldnt turn them back to the serbs. Which they did anyway, knowing what would happen. Massacre happened.

EDIT - my bad, that wasn't Srebrenica, I wrote the wrong name. Srebrenica has "only" around 8000 dead. Teh even I was refering to happened at the end of WW2 - Bleiburg.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 02:00:47 pm by TrashMan »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
So is everything that comes out of your mouth, yet you don't see me nagging.

Unsubstantiated? Not in the least.
 All you have to do for confirmation is make a chronological analysis of the EU's actions from the begining of the conflict till know.

The EU didn't exist during WWII. What the hell are you talking about? :confused: And you need to look up the meaning of the word Unsubstantiated.

Thousands of refugees surrenderd to them so they would escape from the serbs. They pleaded to them so they wouldnt turn them back to the serbs. Which they did anyway, knowing what would happen. Massacre happened.

EDIT - my bad, that wasn't Srebrenica, I wrote the wrong name. Srebrenica has "only" around 8000 dead. Teh even I was refering to happened at the end of WW2.

So what was the right name? Besides that is one event at the end of WWII (assuming it's not another fabrication). It hardly qualifies as
they have been working against us for decades.

And that's before we get into the fact that the BBC is pretty independent of the British government anyway.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The EU didn't exist during WWII. What the hell are you talking about? :confused: And you need to look up the meaning of the word Unsubstantiated.

Not that war! I'm refering to the war in Croatia.

Look how long it took for EU to do anything.
Look at what the NATO forces actually did in Croata once they got there...bloody nothing
Look at several staged incidents near the end of the war (like that famous Tudjmans hankerchief that turned out to be a total lie, f'course the media were quiet about that)
Look at the way EU treats Serbia and how it treats Croatia
Finally, the pieace de resistance - the Haag court. It takes a blind, deaf, paralyzed and lobotomized man not to see it's a travesty.

Why all this? Becosue no one wanted to see Yugoslavia go (especially the british and french). That's why they didn't react in the begining, they hoped Croatia would lose the war. When we won insted then another tactic was born - media and political pressure to demean us and force us into another Yugoslavia. "Balkania" is allready forming.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
And you think that this (even if I believed it for a moment) would cause the BBC to lie about the number of people who died in a concentration camp? :lol:

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
And you think that this (even if I believed it for a moment) would cause the BBC to lie about the number of people who died in a concentration camp? :lol:

Not them.
I question their sources tough.
You're not really lying if you think the info you have is correct...well, you are I guess, but that's beside the point.

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Oh, please change the topic..

How about how badly the U.S. is doing in terms of Middle Eastern politics (not including Iraq and possibly not Iran)?
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hasn't it offended practilcy everony there?
How much worse can it get? :lol:

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Ah, well you seem very intent on continuing an argument. That's why I thought of bringing up another hot topic.
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ah, well you seem very intent on continuing an argument.

The only thing missing is aldo_14 :lol:

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
What I want to know is how there can be dumbass governments like Turkey denying the Armenian genocide and things like the Yugoslavia conflict and everyone hates America for causing relatively few deaths. You'd think people would at least get pissed at the US for things like turning back shiploads of Jewish refugees and slaughtering Native Americans.

I also want to know how someone can go from "every death is tragic" to "we didn't kill that many"