Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Tools

PCS2 Insignia editor

(1/9) > >>

Spicious:
I've started on an insignia editor for PCS2. If you have suggestions for how you'd like it to work, post them here.

Vasudan Admiral:
Ooh wow, that'd be awesome to see - good luck man. :)

My suggestion would be to make it as visual-based as possible. Perhaps do it like this: (from an end-user perspective)

1) Pick a projection vector (ie, the simple version would be [+/-] direction, [x,y,z] axis, but if possible any vector would be best) and a radii from which the locations of the verticies in the insignia polygons can be projected (ie, they get projected from that vector till they hit the hull)
2) Define a level of subdivision for the projected plane. Basically this would either be 0 or 1 where 0 means you get a two-polygon plane, and 1 means you get an eight-polygon plane. Each vertex of the plane is projected separately so the idea is the plane follows the contours of the hull at the specified area.

Colonol Dekker:
Keep it simple.
Have a choose poly, centre by default. Scale, rotate, flip normal. And XY adjustment.

That's all anyone will ever need :yes:

Also . . . . . . . . I love you.

Galemp:
Go Spicious Go!

Spicious:

--- Quote from: Vasudan Admiral on July 06, 2010, 12:21:45 pm ---1) Pick a projection vector (ie, the simple version would be [+/-] direction, [x,y,z] axis, but if possible any vector would be best) and a radii from which the locations of the verticies in the insignia polygons can be projected (ie, they get projected from that vector till they hit the hull)
2) Define a level of subdivision for the projected plane. Basically this would either be 0 or 1 where 0 means you get a two-polygon plane, and 1 means you get an eight-polygon plane. Each vertex of the plane is projected separately so the idea is the plane follows the contours of the hull at the specified area.

--- End quote ---
Interesting idea. Are you suggesting that it start with a square comprised of a predetermined set of triangles and then try to project each vertex onto the actual geometry? That seems like it'll rely on getting lucky with it not intersecting the mesh. Projecting onto a flattish surface might work I guess.

It's ready to try here. See link in sig.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version