Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

X-Wing Virtual Machine

<< < (2/2)

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: CountBuggula on January 28, 2020, 12:21:27 am ---
--- Quote from: Nightmare on January 27, 2020, 08:48:52 pm ---Did FotG share models with that project too?

--- End quote ---
There's been some talk about sharing but so far both FotG and XWVM have their own unique models.

--- End quote ---

How concrete are these proposals? Any chance of that happening or just "Ok, here's the idea"?

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on January 28, 2020, 12:09:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: CountBuggula on January 28, 2020, 12:21:27 am ---
--- Quote from: Nightmare on January 27, 2020, 08:48:52 pm ---Did FotG share models with that project too?

--- End quote ---
There's been some talk about sharing but so far both FotG and XWVM have their own unique models.

--- End quote ---

How concrete are these proposals? Any chance of that happening or just "Ok, here's the idea"?

--- End quote ---

It's really up to the original content creators, and since there are a LOT of different creators in both mods, it gets tricky.  All I can say is a big fat maybe.  I know there are some individuals who prefer their work to stay with the project they made it for, others might be more flexible.

Nightmare:
So is there anybody who runs around and tries to get permissions? I'd presume it doesn't matter anyway before FotG is released, but I'm still curious.

wookieejedi:
Not really or in any official capacity. It's also a bit tricky since both game engines have very separate requirements for what a good looking and good performance model should entail.

Nightmare:
Ah OK. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version