Author Topic: [FotG Update] Fall 2020  (Read 4279 times)

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
[FotG Update] Fall 2020
Informal Fall 2020 Update

Given the launch of Star Wars Squadrons, we at Fate of the Galaxy wanted to let our forum readers know that development is still going strong, albeit even more under the radar then usual.

There's been lots of bugfixes but a few more interesting updates we've recently added are:

• Multiplayer testing is getting closer to launching into full gear thanks to all the work Taylor and Cyborg are doing with the main FSO multiplayer code. On our side we are readying some scripts to be multiplayer safe.
  • Added new feature: increasing power to engines will now improve your ship's maneuverability and handling. Thus, it gives players more incentive to push power to engines and can be useful when trying to evade a fighter on your tail.
  • Added new feature: 'Toggle Stationary Target Mode'. This mode turns off primary aim assist but increases your weapon recharge rates, thus allowing you to lay down a more prolonged stream of fire at a large ship target. Increasing power to weapons while this mode is on will also aid help. Thus, players can now use this additional strategy to aid their chances of more efficiently dealing with stationary targets. Note, this command replaces the 'Toggle Primary Aim Assist' command.
  • Added new Techroom Mission: 'Practice Zone', which is similar in theme to the practice arena in Star Wars Squadrons. This mission allows the player to practice flying and combat in a low stress environment. The player can choose to fly any small craft, fly around all the existing FotG ships, and then also spawn in any of those craft as hostiles or friendlies to make quick battles. There's also a background and music soundtrack changer for extra exploration.
  • Bonus: more work has also been done on Project Alderaan.

Overall, FotG development continues on under the radar, and we thank all of you for your continued interest!

For folks who want to see a bit more frequent FotG updates, feel free to join our Discord channel where we tend to post most of our informal updates and even some live gameplay streams (https://discord.gg/k7ZMdmt).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 02:17:52 pm by wookieejedi »

Re: Informal Fall 2020 Update
Looks great.

Looks great! :yes:

Looks great :)

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Very cool. :yes: :)

Btw, if there are Knossos features/bugs that are high-priority for FotG, let me know. I can't promise anything, but I can try.

Good luck with getting to the finish line!

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
jg18, I don't know about anything they need, but I know for sure that there's a major settings bug on Knossos.  For some reason, the settings get overwritten or erased sometimes.  This happens most visibly with joystick settings and network port settings.  Fixing that will definitely get you the most bang for your buck as far as Knossos development goes, since it can cause issues with FSO exiting prematurely, before a debug log is even generated.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Thanks, Cyborg. In the interest of not derailing this thread, I'll continue the conversation on this issue elsewhere.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I literally have no idea how I managed to miss this thread. Great work!  :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline wookieejedi

Thanks all!

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Gozandi Class is Canon - same was seen also in EP1
https://youtu.be/hgdvrqhJx-Q

https://youtu.be/vsZHATbJCxw
and now the Arquitens. Seen both also in Rebels.

Chance we see it in FotG?

Spoilers from Mandalorian Season 2!!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:07:26 pm by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline wookieejedi

At this points the core team has no plans to add new larger ship models, as we do not have the available modeling and texturing capabilities. We are always happy to evaluate quality community submissions if they come with a model and texture though, such as the recently added U-wing and Liberty Cruiser.

As an aside, we do have a Carrack, which holds 4 TIEs similar to a Gozandi, and a Strike Class Cruiser, which is similar in role/firepower to a Arquitens.  :)

I also think this still looks great!

Offline wookieejedi

Thanks! Perhaps we should share another Winter update for folks soon, too :)