Author Topic: Red Eclipse - new ego shooter  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Red Eclipse - new ego shooter
http://www.moddb.com/games/red-eclipse/news/free-red-eclipse-published-on-desura

I suggest folks check this game out, it's a lot of fun. :D One of the things I'm really fond of is that it's not another Quake clone; they really did something different with the movement. It combines the Scout's double jump, UT's dodging, and it's own wall running. I've been having a blast with it. :)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Red Eclipse - new ego shooter
How's the SP mode? Just a few missions, or does it have a storyline?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
No storyline I think, just bot matches.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
No interest.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Too bad :) They also did something really cool with the modding - all the variables, such as weapon speed, fire rate, movement speed, etc, can be changed either in game or in a text file; something I've been wanting for FPSs for a long time. Usually you have to have coding knowledge to change basic stuff like that, I'm glad someone finally improved upon it. :)

Offline Al-Rik

Too bad :) They also did something really cool with the modding - all the variables, such as weapon speed, fire rate, movement speed, etc, can be changed either in game or in a text file; something I've been wanting for FPSs for a long time.
:confused: Changing the variables in game sounds interesting, but using a text file is nothing uncommon.
All the games of the Battlefield Series are using .con and .tweak files to set weapon speed, fire rate, ect... and those files are in fact .txt files, and the syntax is very simple (most commands and variables are plain english).

Bot's are also nice, because many mods don't have much players, and many players don't want to join a empty server.
Using bots is a good way to lure players on the server - and gives the opportunity to test the mod without players.

Offline Davros

ps: what is an ego shooter ?

Offline Al-Rik

Ego-Shooter is a German Synonym for First Person Shooter.

It has nothing to do with egoism, even when some journalists use that word ( neoliberal Ego-Shooter ) to describe politicians they want to defame as heartless and egoistic.

First Person perspective = ego perspective in German ( or subjektive Camera, but a subjective shooter would be even more silly ;) )
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egoperspektive