Author Topic: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release + Extended Version Release  (Read 83575 times)

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Re: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release
compressing  ;)
uploading 76 MB....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 05:19:30 am by IceyJones »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Wow...that looks great. It's almost hard to believe that that was done in FS2.  :eek2:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
 :confused:

it is rendered.....

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
okay.....first release-posting edited with a new link to the extended version....hope you like it....

now i can concentrate on tombaugh ;)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Sorry to repeat myself, but avi is not a valid format anymore.

Please convert it to Theora ogg from your original uncompressed source or all your work will be lost like tears in the rain...
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
as i have problems with the conversion, i cannot do it.....

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
as i have problems with the conversion, i cannot do it.....

Could you upload the uncompressed source to anyplace? (even if it is huge). I'll try to convert it next week.
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
you know a place where to upload over 5 GB?!

but i´m just converting with VLC-player to ogg.....pls test it, when it is uploaded

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
you know a place where to upload over 5 GB?!

but i´m just converting with VLC-player to ogg.....pls test it, when it is uploaded

Nope, I'm sorry  :(

But OTOH why don't you try with ffmpeg2theora? It's fully free.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Quote from: ARSPR
But OTOH why don't you try with ffmpeg2theora? It's fully free.

i hate commandline interfaces,.....you know....i´m an old man ;).....i always forget parameters ;)
could you post a complete, functioning line here then? then i can try.....

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
I really can't because:
  • I'm not in my PC.
  • I'm not a video artist, so I'll have to play a little myself.
  • I cannot download it right now

But I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of HELPFUL HLP people aiding you in a short time...

(And you are a liar... if you were an old man, you'd love MS-DOSish command line instructions).

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
hehe....right....i remember the times where you had to edit your autorxec and config.sys for every progg you try to start ;)  nevertheless these times are no more....

but i´m just remembering msdos and trying to convert ;) settings:
video quality 7
sound 192 kbit/s

hope that will be sufficient...

edit: with 7 it looks like crap.....recompressing with 9.......10 minutes to go....
but in general it seems to work.....hope it also works in-game, as i was not able to play an ogg i compressed in the game itself so far....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 06:26:39 am by IceyJones »

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Re: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release + Extended Version Release
file is up.....also as ogg now....

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
OMG :jaw:

That was amazing. You're an absolute legend!  :):D
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
hi,
woohoo  :eek2: thats godlike, you need a shrine  :yes:

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Gyaagh! FileFront won't let me download it! :hopping:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CKid

hmm... downloaded the .ogg format and all I got was audio, no video. Download the .avi format and it worked fine. Oh yeah... LOVED IT! IceyJones, you get two thumbs up.  :yes: :yes:
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
www.free-codecs.com

Search ffdshow, get latest version (preferrably SSE2, if not, SSE, if not, then MMX)

EDIT: Just watched .ogg version (so yes, it does work)... :jaw:  TOTAL PWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!111111111ONEONEONEONEONE

And yes, the audio sounds fine now.. am going to watch the .avi version just to see if that was the problem or if it was fixed or w/e... just cause I'm curious.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 09:18:33 pm by jr2 »

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
- DL and copy the file of your choice to your fsport/data/movies folder

- then modify the "freespace.fc2"-campaign-file this way:
  add  the filename under mission options of mission "sm2-10a" into "briefing cutscene"

- save the campaign

during the campaign it will play then

As G5K explains in this post this leads to a bad cutscene order.

What you should do while editing freespace.fc2 is:
  • Vasuda.ogg (or Vasuda.mve to keep it fully canon) should be played at the beginning of sm3-01.fs2.
  • But you have Ancients4.mve in that mission. Move it wherever you want. As example sm2-10a.

Also, do not forget to edit Cutscene.tbl or you won't be able to see it again in Tech room > Cutscene player. And if you have previously played the full campaign, I'm sorry to say that you DO need to replay it again in order the cutscene to be shown.

If you are lazy you can grab the vp from this post of mine and put it in the FS port folder.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
* jr2 needs direct link to .vp file, can't find it in those posts.

EDIT: nvm - got it.

EDIT2: Mirrors: RapidShare | MediaFire

EDIT3: .ogg video mirrors: MediaFire | RapidShare
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 07:38:34 am by jr2 »