Author Topic: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release + Extended Version Release  (Read 83581 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Vasuda-Toasting-Cutscene / FINAL-Release + Extended Version Release
my 3d-skills are not completeley gone  :)

What sort of things did you use to make when you... Still had all of your 3d-skills. :wtf: :eek2:

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I guess he made the Render Movies for Blizzard  :) :) :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
I guess he made the Render Movies for Blizzard  :) :) :)

:eek2: :lol: no

Offline Vidmaster

Sorry, my fault. Forgot that you made Final Fantasy: Advent Children   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I like that extra scene you put right at the start. I would think that it is also quite feasible to get the Vasudans into Terran crates as they have no time to get to proper seats. :ick:
Initially, I thought that making the Chronos fly upside down is wrong, but as I thought a little more, it also made sense; the Lucifer's arriving, so who would care about flying upright if flying upside down speeds up the evacuation process? ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I figured the chronos was upside down based on the way it has to pick up crates planetside.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I figured the chronos was upside down based on the way it has to pick up crates planetside.
Oh yeah...that didn't occur to me. :blah:
It make you wonder...how can they fly it upside down then? The pilots of the Chronos must have a lot of nausea tolerance. Either that or the pilot's room is filled with vomit. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
It make you wonder...how can they fly it upside down then? The pilots of the Chronos must have a lot of nausea tolerance. Either that or the pilot's room is filled with vomit. :drevil:

XD :P :P :P Grow up and play Descent.

Funnily enough, a lot of people claim vertigo and motion sickness from playing Descent.  :p
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Funnily enough, a lot of people claim vertigo and motion sickness from playing Descent.  :p

Ah, good times :D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If you assume that freighters that small wouldn't have access to the artificial gravity available on capital ships, it could be that the crew's seats are able to swivel 180 degrees in order to accommodate planet-based flight.  Or maybe they just go through a lot of barf bags. :p

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
It's obviously gravity plating or something like that in the chronos. Going planetside with that  kind of technology in the freighter. You could fly upside down and the occupants inside the vessel would be able to resist the planets gravity.

EDIT: IceyJones, good luck on the making of toy story 4 :p
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
hehehe.....as i´m an advocate of total free movement in space, i HATE this 2-dimendional movement which can be seen in ALL si-fi movies, games, etc....

of course there is an ecliptic an ALL star-systems, but why stick to it? specially if you fly an ambush, why not atacking from above or below?! also during flying here in FS you does not care about the imaginated plane all missions suggest....you fly totally free around every ship while also you do not care about the alignement of your ship.....if you fly upside down you do not care.....

therefor i love babylon5.....that was the first realistic sifi ever....

edit: and btw: don´t overdo it with praising my skills.....i´m only a master in faking skill  :lol:

It's obviously gravity plating or something like that in the chronos. Going planetside with that  kind of technology in the freighter. You could fly upside down and the occupants inside the vessel would be able to resist the planets gravity.

EDIT: IceyJones, good luck on the making of toy story 4 :p

That would work until they try to get exit out of a landed ship,  there may be problems there.  :lol:  Perhaps Vasudans have a higher tolerance then Terrans, ever think about that?

Offline Vidmaster

stop it ! :D The Chronos looks good and ACTUALLY this is the only way it's possible to pick up containers from the surface!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
The benefits of flying upside down like that is that you can get as close as you want to the ground without touching too.

SMBFD

Still seems an odd design.  Actually who said that this ship was meant to haul containers?  I don't recall a mission where it ever did so.  The first mission of FS2 it was hauling refugees inside the ship not in cargo containers. (like a passenger ship) And even if it did, who says the containers weren't underneath and more forward in front of the lower back fin?  (seems plenty of room there, considering that vassudan cargo containers were smaller then the Terran ones) And perhaps it did not land planet side with out the aid of special landing supports, (like a tie fighter wasn't meant to land on its wings) or it had built in landing gear for the front   section. You guys surely must know the specs better then I do.  and passengers either got on via stairs or terminal style spaceport. idk.  My point is there seems to be allot of assumptions being made with out a shred of cannon support from the missions.  As a result looks odd, considering how we were introduced to the chronos in game.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

XD :P :P :P Grow up and play Descent.

I've been playing it for a longer time than I've been playing FreeSpace 2; in fact, I first learnt about FS2 only because I explored CD 2 of Descent 3 (it had the FreeSpace 2 Trailer in it).

But, seriously speaking, I really think that few pilots can fly the Chronos upside down. Is there anyone here who can hang upside down for, what, two hours? I can't.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Still seems an odd design.  Actually who said that this ship was meant to haul containers?  I don't recall a mission where it ever did so.  The first mission of FS2 it was hauling refugees inside the ship not in cargo containers. (like a passenger ship) And even if it did, who says the containers weren't underneath and more forward in front of the lower back fin?  (seems plenty of room there, considering that vassudan cargo containers were smaller then the Terran ones) And perhaps it did not land planet side with out the aid of special landing supports, (like a tie fighter wasn't meant to land on its wings) or it had built in landing gear for the front   section. You guys surely must know the specs better then I do.  and passengers either got on via stairs or terminal style spaceport. idk.  My point is there seems to be allot of assumptions being made with out a shred of cannon support from the missions.  As a result looks odd, considering how we were introduced to the chronos in game.

I think I know why.
Wasn't the Chronos designed BEFORE the Terran-Vasudan War? I bet it wasn't meant for atmospheric flight. The T-V and resulting Great War with the Shivans may have dictated that the Terrans had no time to make new large ships, so they had to make do with whatever they had in their shipyards.
Either that or the Vasudans have no forklifts. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan

well in space it doesn't mater but within planet gravity it would be an odd design to force the crew to operate against gravity and direction of ground plus waste space on an anti gravity device and whatever device they use to orientate anyone entering and exiting that craft.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:35:32 pm by Darklord42 »