Author Topic: Cain strikes back - WIP  (Read 105495 times)

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Re: Cain strikes back - WIP
Or the Boacidea! D:
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
COLOSSUS

sorry, what? Oh right. Um, try and see if you can get a hold of Galemp's colly. Would love to see that beauty finished, with his permission of course.
Wasn't the model originally made by Ragingloli?

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
COLOSSUS

sorry, what? Oh right. Um, try and see if you can get a hold of Galemp's colly. Would love to see that beauty finished, with his permission of course.
It was made by him.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
COLOSSUS

Don't worry about this. That is all.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
NO, please do the Argo.
For the love of god! do the Argo!
OMG OMG OMG DO THE BELIAL

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
It was made by him.

The high-poly Colossus in my possession was indeed originally made by RagingLoli for his renders, and subsequently acquired by me. It was in the same state as his Arcada is now; that is to say, an absolute mess and a headache of aneurysm-inducing proportions to fix.

I fixed it. It took a hell of a lot of work, but it was done and the mesh is currently solid, manifold, and generally geometrically sound. I've done a lot more to it since then. I've modeled and placed the turrets (sometimes requiring editing of the base mesh, as RagingLoli did not leave room for them.) I've given significantly more depth to the girder portions of the neck and lower pylon. And, I've added a ton of detail boxed greebles, with more still to come.

In time I will also be generating and painting a full UV map and POF conversion. The final credit, I think, should be roughly half his work (overall design and mesh) and half mine (turrets and greebles, textures, cleanup and conversion.) VasudanAdmiral did model the engines and teach me how to use the Blender-to-Collada-to-POF tools, so he deserves a mention.

Don't worry about this. That is all.

:nod: There has been more progress on the Colossus in the past week than at any time over the past year. It is exciting.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
At least I now know the Colossus is still being tended to. :D

Offline Hades

Or the Boacidea! D:
Ragingloli is actually making this too.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Or the Boacidea! D:
Will it have Nx's Iceni in the middle?

Offline Hades

Or the Boacidea! D:
Will it have Nx's Iceni in the middle?
Not sure, the only shows the outside in the one picture on his photobucket he has.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Or the Boacidea! D:
Or was, his last post for anything was in December.

Offline Hades

Or the Boacidea! D:
Or was, his last post for anything was in December.
You do know that hard-light isn't the only website on the internet, right? :p
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
He also maintains an actively updated photobucket account and occassionally posts on /3/ on 4chan.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Well it'd certainly be great if the usernames between here and Photobucket were remotely alike instead of bat**** apart. :doubt:
Okay so I found it, Typhon progress, sweet.

Offline Hades

Well it'd certainly be great if the usernames between here and Photobucket were remotely alike instead of bat**** apart. :doubt:
Your photobucket (and wyrdysm) account names are Spoot Knight, so you have no room to talk. :p

IIRC
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

He also maintains an actively updated photobucket account and occassionally posts on /3/ on 4chan.

I no longer remember his PB account name, and I (am proud to say that I) don't go on 4chan.

Basically, links for an old fool like me plz? :D

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
It's lulzifer.

Offline Kolgena

Thanks!

Typhon and Boadicea look amazing.

Offline mFuSE

• http://mfuse.ads-gilde.net/
I don't know how i could exactly translate the following proverb: "Ich kann da nur meinen Hut vor ziehen" ... maybe someone else can ;)

It's just so amazing how much excellent work every modder has put in this project .... and that after so many years its still running - and going on ^^

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Argo hmm.... but is it a WIP?
Does anyone can tell me what ships are'nt yet touched, MediaVP Assets Status topic is waaayyy to old to be a reliable source.