Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270140 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
http://loadeddicecast.blogspot.de/2013/08/what-happened-to-mechwarrior-online.html
All of this is true. So very true.
Thanks for that last post. This reminds me a bit of League of Legends. I checked it out last year and was surprised to play a game like that. It was the first real Free2Play game I ever checked out.

For a while it was fun but then you start to wonder why the game has almost 100 characters and a few hundred skins...but only 3 maps. The developers just don't care to develop the rest of the game.
I dont think you understand exactly what you are saying. Riot is imho an amazing company that does a lot of things extremely well (some blunders are of course made, and the way they treat their american forum user base has not been equal to those of others but hey). They have constantly been developing the game in all sorts of ways. Everyone has just sorta come to accept that a MOBA only truly needs one single map. (Dominion and ARAM aren't 'serious' maps)

None of this really applies to the devs of MWO. They just have an endless strings of **** ups.
I mean, you still clip through trees as if they exist on a different plane of being. But getting even basic things like that done is seemingly beyond them. Instead they want you to buy more reskinned mechs. On sale now!

I should have gone with my refund instead of getting talked out of it  :sigh:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Al-Rik

Can you actually enjoy the game without having to give them your credit card number?
You don't have to pay to have fun playing MWO.

Some friends to join a server as group is more important than paying money.
The point to spend money is reached then you want to level up more than two Mechs - then you need additional Mechbays.
Except that, real money (Mechwarrior Credits) is more or less a way to speed up the earning of ingame money  (C-Bills).
As member of the winning team you will get around 100 000 C-Bills, a light Mech cost up to 3 000 000 C-bills, so after 30 Wins you can buy a new Mech.
Spending real money on Premium Time will increase the amount of C-Bills earned by 50%.
Instead of waiting for 30 wins, you can buy Mechs directly for MCs.

Personally I would spend real money only for Mechbays and to change the colour of my Mech, and only if I'm part of a Merc Unit with specific colours.
I would also spend money to show the Merc Units Crest on my Mech.

MWO is not pay for win, that's a big pro.

On the bad side some things are still annoying:
The tools for Teamwork and communication are terrible. You have to go to Battlegrid (2D Map) to set orders, and almost nobody will follow them.
Simply aiming at a Control Point or a place on the Map and setting an order (like in Battlefield 2 or Bf 2142) isn't possible.
There is a commander mode, but nobody is using it.
There are no points for following commander orders, and to give orders you have to go to Battlegird, becoming a sitting duck. 
There is no Ingame Voip to communicate with the other players of your side, and there is no quick chat like in Battlefield or Freespace.

The lack of coordination and communication is a server disadvantage if you play against other players that start in a premade group with 2 or more players.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:45:26 am by Al-Rik »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I should point out that the other big disadvantage is that the Throttle Decay and Arm Swing are actually in their least-helpful states by default and you are never told this.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

So. I came across this, and couldn't resist the urge to share. :nervous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tEzQFIBQQ

So. I came across this, and couldn't resist the urge to share. :nervous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tEzQFIBQQ

Worth it for Bosch alone.

Popular reaction to the latest patch is...

Not 100% negative?  :wtf:

That's surprising.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Yeah, I know.  I'm shocked as hell.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Was actually able to play a little on a friend's profile the other week, and didn't completely suck balls considering he's got the trial mechs and a commando with only one large laser and some srms.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Well, tomorrow comes their 'release.'  I'm preparing to be incredibly disappointed.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Aesaar

No UI 2.0, no Community Warfare, no new gametype.  I'm puzzled about what exactly it is they're releasing.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
No UI 2.0, no Community Warfare, no new gametype.  I'm puzzled about what exactly it is they're releasing.

This...

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
EPIC PvP COMBAT

MechWarrior Online delivers a AAA shooter experience unlike anything you've ever experienced.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Exactly. Uninstalled it and not gonna touch it with a ten-foot pole ever again. At least, unless they overhaul the whole thing and make a non-PvP game mode (I hate PvP in the games like that).

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Exactly. Uninstalled it and not gonna touch it with a ten-foot pole ever again. At least, unless they overhaul the whole thing and make a non-PvP game mode (I hate PvP in the games like that).

It must be nice living in the past.

A Feddie Story

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Aaaaand expectation confirmed.  Changed the trials, tweaked some mechanics, added a camo sale, posted all over the forums going 'Wooo lawnch!' like drunken idiots.

Seriously if they had something interesting to show or add for this I would have bought into the Phoenix program.  Now?  Hahahahahahah what.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.

It must be nice living in the past.
Yes, it is. You should try it someday. Games have long campaigns and epic stories, multiplayer is an afterthought and there are FMVs starring holywood actors. Star Trek in TV, Star Wars in the cinema. Sleek, powerful muscle cars, well dressed men and beautiful women. Past FTW. :)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Can't we have both? :P

A well crafted single player is great but so is defeating a living thinking opponent.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Aaaaand expectation confirmed.  Changed the trials, tweaked some mechanics, added a camo sale, posted all over the forums going 'Wooo lawnch!' like drunken idiots.

Seriously if they had something interesting to show or add for this I would have bought into the Phoenix program.  Now?  Hahahahahahah what.
I started the patching/launcher thing and all I saw were messages telling me to spend MC to buy hero mechs and reskins. When I played one game I was dropped in caustic valley, only now it was 12v12 instead of 8v8.
Sure seems like progress over the closed beta!
Urutorahappī!!

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
A well crafted single player is great but so is defeating a living thinking opponent.

Ironically a well-crafted single player tends to be more difficult to defeat than the majority of living opponents. Why simulate low-level AI enemies when players do it better?

A Feddie Story

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Alright, let's check out Mechwarrior Online and see if it's worth booting up again. Who knows, maybe it will have impr...

*sees latest announcement*

Y'know what, I'm done. I'm so done.

Uninstalled.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.