Author Topic: What Freespace are you (Re)Playing Now?  (Read 77180 times)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Re: What Freespace are you (Re)Playing Now?
The one with the zods trying to gain experience at 4-wheel drives.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
The one with the zods trying to gain experience at 4-wheel drives.

How do you Kneel Before Zod while driving? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

THE TERRANS WILL NEVER KNEEL BEFORE THE ZODS..

ew

GTVA :(

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

The only good zod, is a dead zod. 👌
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

The only good zod, is a dead zod. 👌

VOTE BOSCH AND ENLIST

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Stop the Supremacists, vote Vasudan!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Zods eating heads caused covid-85  :nervous:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Which year? 2285? 2385? 2485?

(That you don't know that the number-suffix is the abrivated year of the first confirmed case diagnosed, is one more item on "why terrans can go home"-list :P )

Back on topic

Twisted Infinities and The Aftermath: Reboot II
Holding my judgement.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Scroll of Atankharzim. bloody fantastic campaign. Just wish I knew how to pronounce it  :lol:
Ah-tan-car-zim?

But which syllable is given emphasis? Is it AH-tan-car-zim, Ah-TAN-car-zim or Ah-tan-CAR-zim or even Ah-tan-car-ZIM? :confused: :confused: :confused:

(I think it's the third one, but that's just me.) :p

The second and fourth syllables are given emphasis.  Word of Sesquipedalian. :nod:

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Scroll of Atankharzim. bloody fantastic campaign. Just wish I knew how to pronounce it  :lol:
Ah-tan-car-zim?

But which syllable is given emphasis? Is it AH-tan-car-zim, Ah-TAN-car-zim or Ah-tan-CAR-zim or even Ah-tan-car-ZIM? :confused: :confused: :confused:

(I think it's the third one, but that's just me.) :p

The second and fourth syllables are given emphasis.  Word of Sesquipedalian. :nod:

So it's Ah-TAN-car-ZIM?

The Order of the Stick

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress

Which year? 2285? 2385? 2485?

(That you don't know that the number-suffix is the abrivated year of the first confirmed case diagnosed, is one more item on "why terrans can go home"-list :P )

Back on topic

Twisted Infinities and The Aftermath: Reboot II
Holding my judgement.

Clearly 2385, its a key point in the NTF Manifesto 😜😂
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
So it's Ah-TAN-car-ZIM?

Yup.  The second syllable is emphasized the most.

Guys, gonna give a controversial hot take,
Force Entry... it's real good!

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Finished the 2nd branch of Scrolls this week, so now I have completed both the spec-ops stealth branch and the head on assault branch. Both bloody fantastic. Looking forward to the next instalment 😊
Also finished boomerang this week. Superb three-mission Capella era mini-campaign with voice acting and a superb BoE (Battle of Endor) mission as a finale 😊
Not sure what to play next…
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

I played Freespace and FS 2 years ago and was very happy to find them on GOG to play them again on a newer computer.
Then I found Hard-light while looking for a walk through.
All the mods are amazing. I have played Cardinal Spear, Awakenings, Crucible, and Destiny of peace. I have just started New beginnings and look forward to playing many more.
Thanks to all of you for making these mods!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

Enjoy your stay. :)

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I'm replaying Silent Threat Reborn.
The low poly asteroid stations in the middle of so many hi poly models is weird.
It's also the first time I'm playing it on medium (having no reflexes I mostly play on easy) and is it me or it's much easier to lose entire systems in this compared to FSport? Usually the comms is the first to go which is annoying but I find myself often completely disabled and got away only because the AI doesn't seem particularly good at hitting small unmoving targets which gave me the time to have a support ship repair me.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Boy, it was at least five years since I had played Freespace 2. For some reason I have been replaying the Freespace Port in the last few years.
There is so much stuff I either forgot or never considered at the time. Last time I played I still had a 4 button Saitek stick so I never even considered using the Maxim at long range to disarm capital ships because before my CH Combatstick I just couldn't aim from a safe distance at ship components.
Like with my latest playthrough of FSport and ST: R I played on Medium and while a lot was more difficult obviously my slightly obsessive way of playing the game got me all medals except the Order of Galatea by the end of the game.
The HD cutscenes when present were impressive to say the least.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Boy, it was at least five years since I had played Freespace 2. For some reason I have been replaying the Freespace Port in the last few years.
There is so much stuff I either forgot or never considered at the time. Last time I played I still had a 4 button Saitek stick so I never even considered using the Maxim at long range to disarm capital ships because before my CH Combatstick I just couldn't aim from a safe distance at ship components.
Like with my latest playthrough of FSport and ST: R I played on Medium and while a lot was more difficult obviously my slightly obsessive way of playing the game got me all medals except the Order of Galatea by the end of the game.
The HD cutscenes when present were impressive to say the least.

I've spent more time than I'd like to admit just replaying missions over and over to make sure I get those sweet sweet capship kills. I've always wondered if it's possible to get promoted to Captain in any of the retail campaigns as I never get that far up the ladder.

Been playing through some fsport recently too. Frontlines is always good fun, but I really love that campaign where you play as the Vasudans (can't remember the name right now).