Author Topic: er . . . BWO?  (Read 7655 times)

Where did the Forum go? Did I miss something?

Edit - TWVP disappeared too. What the heck?

Offline Veers

Isn't this it here, under Archived Boards?

Blackwater Operations
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Yep it's here, on the archives.
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Oh it's because the archived boards aren't visible unless you click on the white thing. That's dumb.
Why's it archived anyway? Or TVWP for that matter?

I mean doesn't BWO have a demo out, doesn't that constitute "partially released"?
Curious but whatever

Yay, time for this thread again!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I mean doesn't BWO have a demo out, doesn't that constitute "partially released"?
Curious but whatever

It used to be in the "partially released pack," but it was moved due to inactivity.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Curious but whatever

It used to be in the "partially released pack," but it was moved due to inactivity.

Odd, I thought they were still slowly updating the models.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
That's a whole other ****fight that's apparently going on behind the scenes. I suspect that this move is either part of that or its culmination. Unfortunately. :(
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I've still got faith (faith of the heart)

Did you know that Dark and Chris L'etoile, one of the better (ex) BioWare writers, worked together on a FreeSpace mod? Chris wrote the whole Mass Effect codex.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Did you know that Dark and Chris L'etoile, one of the better (ex) BioWare writers, worked together on a FreeSpace mod? Chris wrote the whole Mass Effect codex.

wut

what is Chris L'etoile's handle

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
He usually goes by Stormwaltz, you can google 'stormwaltz freespace' and find him talking about Dark, and discussing Shivan theories with BlackDove.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Interesting... got to take a look

Thanks Battuta!
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Soo anything happening in here? (sorry for posting in old thread but didn't want to start new one for this)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Actually there is! In the last 2 weeks, there has been a spike in activity internally:
- Hades is going to start modelling on a major asset, a large destroyer, that has been in development hell for some time.
- Kobrar UVed 2 ships in what? 72 Hours? And a third on the way.
- Droid as always meets our convertion needs!
- I've been in contact with Oddgrim, and maybe in a few weeks, he'll start texturing the HTL version of the GVI Cairo, the only thing left for a re-release of the BWO Demo, and of course, a model that is used widely in other mods. (I hope I'm not speaking too soon on this matter :D )
- I've been doing a mix of modelling\UVmapping. Jumping from asset to asset to make sure they are ready for their next stage of development, and at the same time I've been tackling the UVmapping of a destroyer.

Here's a gift:
Midgard (View in 3D)

I'll be doing my best to not let it die down. ;)

Raven is a god.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It lives!

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
That midgard looks pretty good. c:
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
ooh that SCoP space station looks really good now.
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
nice model, but why don't u delete the circle faces that are inside the station's model to save some polys?
Btw what modeling software u use? I'm lookin for something free. I used to use maya/max but i dont have the software anymore...and i don't like pirating. (was thinkin of trying blender out)
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
You mean the rings holding the tubes? They are there to grant some close-up detail to that part of the model. They are separate objects, so they can be hidden via detail boxing. :)

I use 3dsMax, all the way. When I started modelling (aprox 14 years ago) I did use blender though.

Raven is a god.