Author Topic: [WIP] SCv Moloch  (Read 30869 times)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Now that Iain mentions it, that side/profile shot of the Moloch has reminded me for the first time of Maximilian, the scary red robot from The Black Hole.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Eyebrow? Sure, why not. Missed your previous comment related to this.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Eyebrow? Sure, why not. Missed your previous comment related to this.

:) :) :) :yes: :yes: :yes:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
...and hidden from the side...

Is this the retail model? I never noticed it had the red tubes like the Ravana, just smaller.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
...and hidden from the side...

Is this the retail model? I never noticed it had the red tubes like the Ravana, just smaller.

It's the one from the current media VPs. HTL version perhaps?
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Is there an update list for which assets are being worked on? Or is it whatever you guys feel like doing? :P

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Is there an update list for which assets are being worked on? Or is it whatever you guys feel like doing? :P
It's on discord, but no WiP thread exist here so far. I'm working on Moloch, Oddgrim is reworking Lucifer, Axem is slowly pushing Argo forward and Hades started new Faustus. There are several other assets on various stage of completion. Like Boadicea, but they have no priority at the moment.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

You guys are amazing, and your contributions are very much appreciated!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
It's a beauty! :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Now that is a badass Moloch! I can't wait to see it in-game!
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
😲😳🤤

Looks amazing!

Honestly thanks for running with the torch on this. Now you can deal with all of the "looks great but not like my interpretation of what the developers would have done with a larger poly budget" comments 😆

...but seriously, awesome work.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
*snipped*

Very nice  :yes:

Kinda reminds me of the Basiliscus family of reptiles now, regardless of how much I wanted to make a hyperchicken joke when its done. :P
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
😲😳🤤

Looks amazing!

Honestly thanks for running with the torch on this. Now you can deal with all of the "looks great but not like my interpretation of what the developers would have done with a larger poly budget" comments 😆

...but seriously, awesome work.
RGA :D! So long time no see, man!

Don't worry about it. Community matured a bit since the last time, when you worked for FSU. Now we have a pretty good attitude in the community ostracizing unproductive naysaying. Nothing can surprise me in this regard anymore.

Mesh was pure fun to work with. I kinda tried to simulate "how would RGA finish this one" in my mind. Details influenced by bones [and most notable, human spine] is fascinating idea for creative direction, complimenting my Lovecraft- and Giger-inspired rework of Ravana as well as "skeleton Lucifer" that Oddgrim is working on.

Good to see you around.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
We're you summoned here via Facebook?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

The Sathanas-maker! :eek2:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
This discussion is quite wholesome. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
In all seriousness this community is pretty damn great, if opinionated. Honestly seeing this thing come alive is heart warming. When I saw the screenshot on FB my first reaction was just sheer joy. Not finishing the Moloch was a bit heartbreaking but life had other plans. So really, this is awesome.

And I kinda wanna redo the Sath.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Sath is still awesome. We still have PSD files on FSU SVN, so I can upgrade and PBRify them one day.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
So strangely, the Sath is my first fully independent mesh and texture. Before that I did minor stuff to get c914's cain/Lilith in game and Ragingloli's Hatty. Then I did the Sath, but i think my best meshes came after with the Sobek and Rak. Somewhere in there mjn.mixael and I tackled the Arcadia as well.

I've learned so much since the Sath, and redoing would be fun, but that's pretty time consuming for a guy that has no time 😆

I'll stop derailing now