Author Topic: High Res Interfaces?  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Axem

Re: High Res Interfaces?
Hope you're ready for 1999 era html FS2 interfaces then. Sign into GTVAOL today :p

Has anybody asked one of the TC teams for their opinion? I'd guess it would be used there more likely than in normal mods (maybe beside BTA).

Offline m!m

The newest version of the libRocket builds are available here: http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/test/libRocket/
Here is the test mod I have been using for testing the changes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eo15507zh0nwdxa/libRocket.zip/file

I also uploaded a mirror of the libRocket documentation since the original is not available anymore.
Main documentation
Lua Manual

libRocket has a visual debugger which is also available in FSO by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+D".
I also added a special action for reloading the markup of any changed files to make interface development faster. You can use that by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+R".

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I'll take a look at it...
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
m!m, I loaded up the test mod and I'm not quite sure yet what I'm looking at, but i'm going to read the documentation you linked and see if I can't figure it out. Any tips would be appreciated.

Most of the screen is blank when I start the mainhall. I have an apply button, an anim and some window titles maybe? If i click near the anim I end up at a thing that says "welcome to the second tab!". Seems like some of the UI test is missing.

prntscrn didn't capture the generated UI and FSO failed to save a screen to the screenshots folder....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:40:40 am by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline m!m

The things you are seeing is my test data which is why there isn't much to see unfortunately. It mostly contains test data for me to test various features of libRocket (for example the animation).

One major difference to HTML is that RML (the markup language of libRocket) supports templates which are very useful for things like styling windows consistently which will be very useful for maintaining that FS2 UI look.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
From the tutorial file it looks like I should be able to select something (fonts?) and press Apply. In game all I get is the Apply button. Is that correct?

Additionally, how did you get that apply button to work like that? It's a single image file. There are a few lines that jump out as possible ways you told the RML to use just a portion of the image.. just looking for clarification. This feels like I need to reverse engineer this to be able to try and build something new.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
As far as I can tell, the <select> isn't showing up in the UI, I'm guessing because the RCSS (or RSS?) code for it is missing but haven't really looked into that.
The whole UI appearance is defined by the RCSS, both which image to use as well as which area.