Author Topic: OMG. MW:2.  (Read 20881 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm probably not the only one who thought MechWarrior 2 when looking at the title.

BTW, if I'm going to play a competitive multiplayer game, I don't want to have to need a system to bankrupt Bill Gates to play it on.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Dude, there's such thing as PC. (Though the lack of dedicated servers makes it somewhat gay.)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Not to mention that this trailer is HORRIBLE!  :shaking:  The previous one is cool but this is just ****. And it spoils so many cool things for example the ISS Astronaut scene.

First reviews are up, it seems to has a somewhat absurd story. The rest however looks great as always.

If you can't wait for this game, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWSZk2hQ8KI
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hmm, this might be the first Call of Duty game I would consider getting...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'm very worried about the story given that they've decided to go completely insane with it, but I still think it'll be a blast as far as killing **** for a few hours goes.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I am extraordinarily peeved in many ways at this game, but I'm still going to play it.

I'm probably not the only one who thought MechWarrior 2 when looking at the title.

BTW, if I'm going to play a competitive multiplayer game, I don't want to have to need a system to bankrupt Bill Gates to play it on.

This is one of the dumbest remarks I've ever heard. The 360 is cheaper than the PC and plays this game fine, and if you're going to play it on PC, it's got some of the lowest system requirements out there.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Space? Why?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It looks like they kinda decided not to even try be authentic with this installment

I heard MW2 uses Steam, P2P online connections, and is completely unmoddable.  Is any of that false?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No. And the player limit was lowered to 9v9 from the previous 16v16.

So much for server communities. *sigh*

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
There's a bit of a stink about the scene in the Airport at the moment:

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/171701

Must admit, I can understand the concerns, even if I'm not certain how I feel about them.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Woah...now that's something.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That scene I love. It's skippable, and the player has no reason or even character incentive to fire on the crowds (s/he's supposed to be a deep-cover CIA operative.) And it puts players face to face with the horror of what the bad guys are doing.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That's kind of how I feel, it certainly demonstrates how powerful a story-telling tool a video game can be, but I can also understand why some people are concerned about it.

Just goes to show that people need to take the rating system seriously, and stop assuming computer games are 'just for kids'.

Edit: As someone who used to mow down pedestrians in Carmageddon 2 whilst laughing like a man possessed, I suppose I'd be hippocritical to feel any other way really ;)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I guess at this point we should warn you that there were spoilers on this page.

Oh wait, you already read them. Ooops.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, strictly speaking, it'd be like going into a BSG thread and not expecting to see spoilers, but I might add a spoiler warning at the start of the thread anyway ;)

So MW2 uses Steam, has a lower player limit, and has no dedicated servers?  I declare MW2 a "FAIL".
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Steam is good, but other than that, I agree.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So MW2 uses Steam, has a lower player limit, and has no dedicated servers?  I declare MW2 a "FAIL".
Yeah, I have no idea how anyone could think those were good ideas. :rolleyes:

Ah well, I have a console and I don't do multi anyway.