Community Projects > The FreeSpace Upgrade Project

Subspace Vortex Poll

(1/10) > >>

mjn.mixael:
FSU accepts assets that are upgrades in fidelity over the previous asset automatically. For asset submissions that are of similar fidelity but differ in styles, a poll is warranted. In this case we have a submission for a new subspace vortex.

In this video you will see the same mission run three times in a row. First as retail, second as current FSU, and third with the proposed asset. At the end you'll be able to watch all three versions at the same time.

I have also included APNGs that you can view right here. I still recommend the Youtube video at full resolution. NOTE: These may take several minutes to load.

Retail

FSU Current

Proposed

Asteroth:
I like the new one :yes:. The swirl version is good too, but I like higher-res classic-look version better, at least for stock FS2.

The E:
Yeah the new one is very good.

Pnakotus:
I like the waves one too. It’s interesting for me how small the retail ones were - I’m not sure how that came about.

Mito [PL]:
Agreed on the proposed version. I was worrying if the current effect loses out on bloom but by the looks of it, I shouldn't have worried.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version