Author Topic: 3.6.10 Media VPs Discussion Thread  (Read 304471 times)

Offline Tiponey

Re: 3.6.10 Media VPs Discussion Thread
I've got the same problem than Rodo with this new set.And again about the interior cockpit for terran fighters, is it a new darker glass or a missing texture?I installed FS2 again and the interior is black(??)

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
There was a change to the glass texture to one provided by Woolie Wool, along with a replacement cubemap.

The glass looked okay over here with and without advanced, but it can be reverted.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Ok, so the two main issues are:
1) The shivan beam bugs are back. Tempoary fix: http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/MVP3610BETA/ShivanBeamFix.zip

Place these files in \mediavps\data\effects

2) The Velocity Indicator script. Tempoary fix (disables it): http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/MVP3610BETA/VelocityIndicatorDisabler.zip

Place this file in \mediavps\data\tables

Are these (and the forthcoming single-player mission patch) going to break validation? I'm guessing yes, and that these are not, in fact, going to be the ones validated.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
They will not break validation, as Validation Data is going to be updated once we're sure we got it all.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline -Norbert-

GAMEPLAY RELATED:
Localizations Added:
   German
   French
   Polish
Does that mean I no longer need the "mv_strings-lcl.tbm" I needed before for my german version of FS2?

Offline Protoss

So I'm replaying the campaign from 0 and I get this when try to run "A lion at the door", I think it might be the new map's because I just extracted the retail file and played through it without problems... or maybe the pilot file but I'm not sure, played with two different builds. (RC3 final and fs2_open_3_6_11r.exe.

this is what I get when I run with debug exe RC3:

Code: [Select]
Error: Invalid ship/wing name.

In sexpression: ( is-destroyed-delay 5 "GTT Argo 01" )
(Error appears to be: GTT Argo 01)
File: MissionParse.cpp
Line: 6096

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

If someone can check this, I don't want to upload to mantis without knowing for sure it's a mvp issue.

Hello lads first off I'd just like to tank you all for the work you have done on FSO, quite remarkable really. I remember reading about this project years ago and have just recently come across it mentioned in a youtube post. Anyway i am new around here and i would just like to say Well Done FS2 looks REMARKABLE! err before i start crying and asking how to fix Q's!

Well got the FS1+silent threat and FS2 from GOG and played through FS1 last night. Was proper kool, haven't played a space Sim in years, they kind of died for me after and few fail arse games i picked up post FS2.

Anywho i have the same problem as Rodo and after a few cracks at Mantis I'm at a lose. Seem to be stuck at email password verifycation. Erm i'd love it if someone could explain a few things please!

1:Is Mantis used as some sort of hotfix tool for debugging my current version of SPO?( i can see Mantis is a means for acquiring bug information btw)

2:I have seen talk of a version 3.6.11 and this version having been fixed of a few bugs in .10,is this downloadable?or a new something that will be released at some later point? (Just in case i haven't navigated the forums correctly doh!)

3:Is there anyway for me to fix this issue now?

Sorry if i am asking some silly Q's here but i have gotten this far only by Zacams helpful guide 
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,65038.msg1282043.html#msg1282043

Is there a similar guide for tools like me regarding the fixing of these issues??

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Mantis is a tool to report and track bugs, using it will not magically fix them.
3.6.11 builds are avilable via the nightly builds subforum on the SCP board; be aware that while they have fixed a few bugs in 3.6.10, they are still experimental and could contain other bugs.

As for that mission bug: Are you quite sure that this is from "Lion at the door" (4th mission of the main campaign, not counting the training missions)? I can't find a GTT Argo in any of those missions.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:30:28 pm by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Protoss

Mantis is a tool to report and track bugs, using it will not magically fix them.
3.6.11 builds are avilable via the nightly builds subforum on the SCP board; be aware that while they have fixed a few bugs in 3.6.10, they are still experimental and could contain other bugs.

As for that mission bug: Are you quite sure that this is from "Lion at the door" (4th mission of the main campaign, not counting the training missions)? I can't find a GTT Argo in any of those missions.

W00T! fast answer, yep knew that about mantis was just wondering seems how i couldn't get a account with mantis if there was some other hidden extras i could not see.

The Quote was a post from page 38 and it was answered by Zacam
******"Actually, that's not possible. "A Lion at the Door" has no Argo's in it. TSM-104 on the other hand, DOES, and yes, it is broken.

See, I'm really pissed. FRED should have caught these bugs, as I loaded _every_ mission into FRED after changing the ship  to remove the Prefix of Ship Class from the Name displayed in the HUD, suspifically to catch things like this.

It also failed to warn me about "break-warp" cannot be assigned to a wing in one of the CoOp missions.

I am fixing these as they occur. TSM-104 will have a mantis entry."*****

Sorry should have mentioned that also.

OK thanks think i will take the .11 build anyway as i can at least play further then the first 3 missions. Any additional bugs i find ill try to upload via mantis if i can get a account that is

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You do know that you have to use the FSU mantis for that, don't you? Just checking, because the SCP mantis would be the wrong place.
http://hard-light.net/mantis/my_view_page.php

Offline Protoss

Err so thats what that means...

Yea anyway don't worry about that i won't be uploading anything untill i have a much finer grasp on wtf im doing. So went to the nightly sections theres a whole bunch of posts all way over my head.
Can you tell me what im suppose to do to get .11?

Revision 5518 is the download here the latest and greatest or am i missing the pot again?

And more over if it is am i suppose to download it into a specific folder? i.e. the usual mvp folder just like a build?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:15:59 pm by Protoss »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, 5518 is the latest build.
No, you should unpack it into your base FS2 directory, the same place where the 3.6.10 executables are in. You will then need to start the Launcher, click on "Browse" and select the 3.6.11 executable.

Offline Protoss

Yes sorry that occured to me after posting doh! Also removed the old FSo files and installed the new but got the same error because i had the features set to meadiavps as if i was about to try some mods?? I don't know... :confused:

Anyway corrected that and i seem to be home clear! W00t! thanks for the help mate i'm running late for my training mission!  ;)

Hehe it would be fun if I could find the download link.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You mean the sticky thread at the top of the forum that says RELEASE? That one?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Aye. This is probably the first forum I've been on where I've actually gotten a response. Cheers for the help.

So I'm replaying the campaign from 0 and I get this when try to run "A lion at the door", I think it might be the new mvp's because I just extracted the retail file and played through it without problems... or maybe the pilot file but I'm not sure, played with two different builds. (RC3 final and fs2_open_3_6_11r.exe.

this is what I get when I run with debug exe RC3:

Code: [Select]
Error: Invalid ship/wing name.

In sexpression: ( is-destroyed-delay 5 "GTT Argo 01" )
(Error appears to be: GTT Argo 01)
File: MissionParse.cpp
Line: 6096

Call stack:
    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

If someone can check this, I don't want to upload to mantis without knowing for sure it's a mvp issue.

Actually, that's not possible. "A Lion at the Door" has no Argo's in it. TSM-104 on the other hand, DOES, and yes, it is broken.

See, I'm really pissed. FRED should have caught these bugs, as I loaded _every_ mission into FRED after changing the ship  to remove the Prefix of Ship Class from the Name displayed in the HUD, suspifically to catch things like this.

It also failed to warn me about "break-warp" cannot be assigned to a wing in one of the CoOp missions.

I am fixing these as they occur. TSM-104 will have a mantis entry.

Just started a clean install of FS2 (boxed version) with all the latest updates. Got to the same missions and received the same error messages and can no longer continue.
As of now I'm re-installing 3.6.9 fso as this new release is unplayable for me.

Offline Khalaq

It's interesting that the various "Installation Instructions" for MPV's all link to this discussion thread instead of the actual downloads themselves (or a page with the downloads on it).

An easy fix would be to provide a download link in the first posting of this thread.

-Khalaq
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:21:18 pm by Khalaq »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That would be because this thread was the original 3.6.10 release thread, and no one has updated the instructions that pointed to it yet.  In any case, it would be a good idea to throw a link to the download thread in the first post.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Am I the only one who thinks that the new shield icons for the Loki, Zeus and Seraphim are in need of serious anti-aliasing?

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
That would be because this thread was the original 3.6.10 release thread, and no one has updated the instructions that pointed to it yet.  In any case, it would be a good idea to throw a link to the download thread in the first post.
Oh snap. :\
Fixed.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities