Author Topic: oh man this is so cool  (Read 24077 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
there needs to be a huge fireball at the moment of impact of a piercing beam, some thing to indicate the 'punch' part of the punch through. could there be a way of defining multiple piercing effects, each with a different bitmap, and maybe a max duration, so you could define a really wide slow piercing that only lasts half a second and uses something a little more fiery, in addition to the existing effect.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
While I'm thinking about it...

On the exit plume of fire that comes from a beam piercing the ship, would it be possible to have small chunks of debris come flying out, textured to look like they're charred?  Some kind of small debris models that appear inside the explosion plume so that you don't actually see them "appear," but they come from the fire plume?
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
One of the explosion effects that could be used for the plume contains debris sprites.

Model spawning would be something completely else. If you want it, go code it.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
 hit http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=173.0 to find the latest nightly builds
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

@ OP,

That is a really amazing effect, right there. I'm definitely looking forward to see many more of the effects. BP: War In Heaven can't get here soon enough. Definitely nice to update people about this! =)
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Yah looks so coool.
I testet with 3.6.12 RC1 and looks amazing !!!!
Wonderful work !!!!

Greetings Peter

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Just so you're all aware, latest edition of hull piercing effects and much more can be found in Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius 3.6.12 Feature Pack.

Wow this is Awesome..much better as the 2 Tables from the other Thread.
I only use the bp-3612-sfx.vp throwing in Mediavps and the effect is truly awesome.
So much Fire and cool Flares. I cant turn back my eyes from the Massive Battle2 from the Tech room..

It Rockz really.....
Thanks Guys really....

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
*headdesk*
Extract blueplanet-3612 folder from this 7z-file to your FreeSpace 2 folder. This is a mod of its own, it is NOT to be installed to either mediavps or blueplanet.
:sigh:

If you had run debug build, it would crash on you because it can't find an effects file that is in the new BP: AoA.

Thanks .. good to know.
Now i have bind this stuff mow in the launcher with -mod 3612effects (i renamed)
If i had to run an Debug Build i remove this.

thanks a lot.
So i can use this easy @ all Mods.

Greetings Peter

Offline Kolgena

I actually preferred exp04 to exp06. Sure, 06 doesn't have really obvious synchronized explosions, but exp04 adds a little more depth and variety to my explosions.

Anyhow, I remember reading that a new effect might be made for beam pierce. Is that still happening?

Offline Nighteyes

in due time you will all get LOTS of new effects/explosions to play with  :pimp:

Quick question about using multiple mods.

So I have the Special effects mod (bp-3612-sfx.vp) in it's own folder and am running it through the launcher with Inferno. The only thing is, when I run the FS2 main campaign, the head of Command is replaced by the Admiral of the Temeraire which is amusing to say the least.

So, if I just want to run mediavps 3.6.10 with the extra 3612 special effects, I just need to edit the main .mod folder in the FS2 directory? I've never used multiple mods before, which is why I ask. What format of code do I need to add? Do I use Inferno? Or Vanilla 3.6.10?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 06:43:42 pm by manwiththemachinegun »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If you want only the new Effects or AI, you need to edit the mod.ini so that it doesn't load the main blueplanet mod anymore. Or make a new mod with a new mod.ini that only loads the mediavps.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Ah, great. Works fine now. Can't wait to redo FS2 with all the lovely shiny bits.  :pimp: