Author Topic: Cannot run Blue Planet mod, help please?  (Read 27120 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Cannot run Blue Planet mod, help please?
Are you sure that this has something to do with post processing? If I'm not mistaken, Diaspora uses post processing for the film grain effect and it works on my Laptop without any problem.

If you are unable to run this BP build, the issue is not post processing. The issue is the new deferred lighting code used in these builds.

Is there ever going to be a solution other than the 'adding a disabled deferred lighting option' workaround, or do we just have to wait for ati/intel to update their opengl drivers?

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy
The problem with the texture is us, not you. We rolled out a new update really recently and missed that texture while packing it. It shouldn't have happened.

That said, it also shouldn't be causing any crashes - it's a minor issue. But just to be sure, could you download Shuttle.dds, place it in FreeSpace2/blueplanet/data/maps (you'll probably need to create this folder), and see if the problem recurs on your release build?

If it does, please whip up and post a new debug log. I'm a little worried about the X-series Radeon card, those have had trouble in the past.

The next thing to check is to make absolutely sure you're using the build that shipped with the BP update - it's the only thing new enough to handle the campaign. I'm pretty sure you are. If that doesn't help, could you try navigating to the troubleshooting section of your launcher's advanced features tab, and disabling either OpenGL VBO, GLSL support, or both?

I'm really sorry about this hassle. It's normally not necessary, but we're moving into some uncharted technical territory with this release.

Could you please reupload that file?  Mediafire doesn't want me to download it.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Not exactly sure if I should make a new thread, but you're all talking about lighting bugs here I thought I might pop in and tell you about my own problems with lighting. Surprisingly, just tossing the bp1 and bp2 folders into my FS2 folder actually did work, just that no new ships or tech entries were in the tech room.

I've had zero problems so far, except for these two glaring (literally) bugs:

The UEF freighter's "body" is oversaturated with lighting to the point the textures cannot be seen - only some grey stripes, with the rest obscured by lights.

The GTF Myrmidon also possesses a similar bug, but the lighting is at low enough of a level that the textures can be seen. However, the sheer brightness allows me to see it at least 2500m away (rough estimate based on my gameplay) and thus is very jarring. This is not as bad as the freighter, however.

The freighter is literally so bright, that when I turn towards it, my HUD and surrounding ships are shone on with enough intensity to obscure most of the screen. It also hurt my eyes and nearly gave me a headache just from looking at it.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Have you tried setting "-spec_point" to 0.3 or less?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

hey guys,
i had the same issue. After hitting run in the launcher, I get this error: "Freespace 2 Open Antipodes has stopped working.". i have laptop with intel HD and Nvidia GTX560.
i run all other FS mods with 3.6.14 build. and i selected in the "nvidia tool" "use highspeed graphic processor" instead of the onboard intel HD graphiccard for the 3.6.14 executable.
with the new BP build i forgot to set this setting. the BP build tried to start with intel HD... without success (Freespace 2 Open Antipodes has stopped working). may be some of you had the same simple cause.

Offline mr.WHO

PEOPLE REJOICE*

m0re_fyah! is right, albeit his solution might require some bit more tweaks.
Do as he told. But if it's not working do not despair. Start again by right-click menu on  Freespace launcher shortcut, go to run with graphic processor selection menu (not accurate name as I'm running polish language setting) and select "highspeed graphic processor". Run the launcher and start the game... no antipodes error anymore :))))).

@m0re_fyah! May the fortune be generous for you kind sir.

<running away to play BP>

*those with nVIdia GPU
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 11:02:05 am by mr.WHO »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The problem with the texture is us, not you. We rolled out a new update really recently and missed that texture while packing it. It shouldn't have happened.

That said, it also shouldn't be causing any crashes - it's a minor issue. But just to be sure, could you download Shuttle.dds, place it in FreeSpace2/blueplanet/data/maps (you'll probably need to create this folder), and see if the problem recurs on your release build?

If it does, please whip up and post a new debug log. I'm a little worried about the X-series Radeon card, those have had trouble in the past.

The next thing to check is to make absolutely sure you're using the build that shipped with the BP update - it's the only thing new enough to handle the campaign. I'm pretty sure you are. If that doesn't help, could you try navigating to the troubleshooting section of your launcher's advanced features tab, and disabling either OpenGL VBO, GLSL support, or both?

I'm really sorry about this hassle. It's normally not necessary, but we're moving into some uncharted technical territory with this release.

Could you please reupload that file?  Mediafire doesn't want me to download it.

Shouldn't need it any more, the AoA VPs and archive should be fixed. (I hope!)

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy
hey guys,
i had the same issue. After hitting run in the launcher, I get this error: "Freespace 2 Open Antipodes has stopped working.". i have laptop with intel HD and Nvidia GTX560.
i run all other FS mods with 3.6.14 build. and i selected in the "nvidia tool" "use highspeed graphic processor" instead of the onboard intel HD graphiccard for the 3.6.14 executable.
with the new BP build i forgot to set this setting. the BP build tried to start with intel HD... without success (Freespace 2 Open Antipodes has stopped working). may be some of you had the same simple cause.

I have a nVidia card also, where the heck do i find this setting?

Offline mr.WHO

mralexs - try either in tray icon bar (bottom right side of the screen) or right-click on freespace launcher shortcut and there should be selector of default GPU that should be run with the selected application.

If you don't have them try to update your drivers and it should appear (at least for Win 7) here is screeshot in polish language:

all my drivers are up to date and I don't have that option, using Windows 7
Current Projects A New Dawn and Empires

Offline mr.WHO

My drivers are 310.90-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.

I suggest you go to drivers website and try them to auto detect proper drivers for you:
http://www.nvidia.pl/Download/index.aspx?lang=pl

in top right corner you can change the language.

If you still don't have these right-click options the I think it must be something in your Win 7 security settings or you don't have perhaps the administrator rights.

I cannot run blueplanet on Ubuntu 12.04 32bit, it crashes at startup. I cannot even create a log. Is there a possibility to compile (edit: this version of) fs2_open on my own?

Thanks in advance

Here is the log from 3.6.16-RC1
Code: [Select]
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dbrs-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_exp-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-sdf.tbm' ...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 36, 'l_hit.wav'...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 37, 'm_hit.wav'...
No joysticks found
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
mv_music-mus.tbm(line 18): Error: Missing required token: [#Soundtrack End]. Found [#SoundTrack Start]  instead.

ERROR: mv_music-mus.tbm(line 18):
Error: Missing required token: [#Soundtrack End]. Found [#SoundTrack Start]  instead.

File: parse/parselo.cpp
Line: 336
Freeing all existing models...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yes, you can compile your own.  See this post for details:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=83225.msg1665734#msg1665734

As you're on ubuntu 12.04, I believe the svn patch command will not work (step 10).  Replace it with:
patch -p0 < ~/path/to/BP.patch

Note: ignore any errors about applying the patch to MSVC project files.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Thanks ;-)

Here is a manual for the terminal:
sudo apt-get install libopenal-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev build-essential automake1.10 autoconf libsdl1.2-dev libtheora-dev libreadline6-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg62-dev liblua5.1-0-dev svn
mkdir ~/fs2-open-blueplanet
cd ~/fs2-open-blueplanet
svn checkout svn://svn.icculus.org/fs2open/branches/antipodes
cd antipodes
wget http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/BP.patch
Check line 3 as mentioned here in step 7:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=83225.msg1665734#msg1665734
After that apply the updates and the patch:
svn update -r 9485
svn patch BP.patch
./autogen.sh
make
cp /code/fs2_open_3.6.17 /path/to/Freespace2

It still crashes, I will compile the debug-build and come back.

==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
Opened log '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/data/fs2_open.log', Mon Jan 21 20:07:01 2013 ...
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.17.9481
Passed cmdline options:
  -missile_lighting
  -nomotiondebris
  -3dshockwave
  -soft_particles
  -post_process
  -fxaa
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod blueplanet,mediavps_3612
Building file index...
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-adv-visuals.vp' with a checksum of 0x1541da12
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0xcc452f9d
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio2.vp' with a checksum of 0x060bee91
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-core.vp' with a checksum of 0xe2219ccf
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x7e75407b
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x44c7e8dd
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/3613_update.vp' with a checksum of 0x19cf9a3d
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_animglows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_assets_3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_cb_ani_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c948078
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_cb_ani_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_effects_3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_radaricons.vp' with a checksum of 0x31dd7781
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_root_3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/data/models/custom_shivans_animated_eff.vp' with a checksum of 0x54908aca
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/data/models/custom_shivans_animated_green.vp' with a checksum of 0xb985c341
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/blueplanet/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/mediavps_3612/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/' ... 2 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/' ... 0 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-adv-visuals.vp' ... 403 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio1.vp' ... 41 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio2.vp' ... 685 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-core.vp' ... 46 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals1.vp' ... 326 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals2.vp' ... 1488 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/' ... 0 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/3613_update.vp' ... 216 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_advanced.vp' ... 1283 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_animglows.vp' ... 1641 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_assets_3612.vp' ... 315 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_cb_ani_1.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_cb_ani_2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_effects_3612.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_radaricons.vp' ... 24 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_root_3612.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/' ... 464 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/data/models/custom_shivans_animated_eff.vp' ... 33 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/data/models/custom_shivans_animated_green.vp' ... 1227 files
Found 36 roots and 18825 files.
AutoLang: Language auto-detection successful...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : OpenAL Community
  OpenAL Renderer   : OpenAL Soft
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1 ALSOFT 1.13

Why are you trying to free a NULL pointer?  [fsmemory.cpp(19)]
  Found extension "AL_EXT_float32".
  Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX enabled: NO
  Playback device: PulseAudio Default
  Capture device: PulseAudio Default
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1280x1024 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing SDL...
  Requested SDL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1, FSAA: 1
  Actual SDL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1, FSAA: 2
  OpenGL Vendor    : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer  : GeForce 315/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!
  OpenGL Version   : 3.3.0 NVIDIA 310.14

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_float".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_geometry_shader4".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_array".
  Found special extension function "glXSwapIntervalSGI".

Compiling new shader:
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr
Shader features:
   Depth-blended Particles
Compiling new shader:
Shader features:
   Distorted Particles
Compiling deferred light shader...
   Loading built-in default shader for: deferred-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: deferred-f.sdr

Compiling post-processing shader 1 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: post-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: post-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 2 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: blur-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 3 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 4 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: brightpass-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 5 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 6 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaapre-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 7 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: ls-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 8 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: shadowdebug-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: shadowdebug-f.sdr

Max texture units: 4 (32)
  Max elements vertices: 1048576
  Max elements indices: 1048576
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Max render buffer size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  OpenGL Shader Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 742 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 48 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
Game Settings Table: Using Standard Loops For SEXP Arguments
Game Settings Table: Using standard event chaining behavior
Game Settings Table: External shaders are DISABLED
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
No joysticks found
mv_music-mus.tbm(line 18): Error: Missing required token: [#Soundtrack End]. Found [#SoundTrack Start]  instead.

Error: Missing required token: [#Soundtrack End]. Found [#SoundTrack Start]  instead.

Here is the log. Why does it read:
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.17.9481???

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, hopefully because that's the version of the game engine you're running. But something looks funny about your install...how recently did you get these VPs?

I reinstalled bp and bp2 according to the release threads. Same result:

DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
Opened log '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/data/fs2_open.log', Mon Jan 21 23:10:39 2013 ...
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.17.9481
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_point 0.3
  -missile_lighting
  -nomotiondebris
  -3dshockwave
  -soft_particles
  -post_process
  -fxaa
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod blueplanet,mediavps_3612
Building file index...
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/adv-bp.vp' with a checksum of 0x670cbd97
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x58f866a1
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio2.vp' with a checksum of 0x213dcdf3
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-core.vp' with a checksum of 0xe5b684cd
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x1604e6d1
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0xcb7237b9
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/3613_update.vp' with a checksum of 0x19cf9a3d
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_animglows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_assets_3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_cb_ani_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c948078
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_cb_ani_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_effects_3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_radaricons.vp' with a checksum of 0x31dd7781
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_root_3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/data/models/custom_shivans_animated_eff.vp' with a checksum of 0x54908aca
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/data/models/custom_shivans_animated_green.vp' with a checksum of 0xb985c341
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/blueplanet/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/mediavps_3612/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/' ... 2 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/' ... 0 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/adv-bp.vp' ... 358 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio1.vp' ... 41 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio2.vp' ... 683 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-core.vp' ... 47 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals1.vp' ... 400 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals2.vp' ... 1561 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/' ... 0 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/3613_update.vp' ... 216 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_advanced.vp' ... 1283 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_animglows.vp' ... 1641 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_assets_3612.vp' ... 315 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_cb_ani_1.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_cb_ani_2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_effects_3612.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_radaricons.vp' ... 24 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/mediavps_3612/mv_root_3612.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/' ... 464 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/data/models/custom_shivans_animated_eff.vp' ... 33 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/data/models/custom_shivans_animated_green.vp' ... 1227 files
Found 36 roots and 18926 files.
AutoLang: Language auto-detection successful...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : OpenAL Community
  OpenAL Renderer   : OpenAL Soft
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1 ALSOFT 1.13

Why are you trying to free a NULL pointer?  [fsmemory.cpp(19)]
  Found extension "AL_EXT_float32".
  Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX enabled: NO
  Playback device: PulseAudio Default
  Capture device: PulseAudio Default
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1280x1024 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing SDL...
  Requested SDL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1, FSAA: 1
  Actual SDL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1, FSAA: 2
  OpenGL Vendor    : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer  : GeForce 315/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!
  OpenGL Version   : 3.3.0 NVIDIA 310.14

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_float".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_geometry_shader4".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_array".
  Found special extension function "glXSwapIntervalSGI".

Compiling new shader:
Shader features:
   Depth-blended Particles
Compiling new shader:
Shader features:
   Distorted Particles
Compiling deferred light shader...
   Loading built-in default shader for: deferred-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: deferred-f.sdr

Compiling post-processing shader 1 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: post-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 2 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 3 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 4 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: brightpass-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 5 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 6 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaapre-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 7 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: ls-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 8 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: shadowdebug-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: shadowdebug-f.sdr

Max texture units: 4 (32)
  Max elements vertices: 1048576
  Max elements indices: 1048576
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Max render buffer size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  OpenGL Shader Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 742 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 48 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
Game Settings Table: Using Standard Loops For SEXP Arguments
Game Settings Table: Using standard event chaining behavior
Game Settings Table: External shaders are DISABLED
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
No joysticks found

bp2 also crashes immediately...

Error: Missing required token: [#Soundtrack End]. Found [#SoundTrack Start]  instead.Hoiw can this be handled?