Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 146752 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
Can anyone see my game? Did my computer lose it's magical ability to host??  :( :( :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline watsisname

I haven't seen ANY games in the past 5 days or so.  I'm wondering if it's just us or if everyone's having this issue now? 
One way to check is for some of us to try joining each others games at some predetermined time.  There's a chance that we're just not on at the same times, and that at least one of us is still able to host...
...but maybe not.  *shrug*
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 mu
I havent been on at all recently, too much work to do, i'l probably get back on once school's over.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Ulala

Alright, I've figured out the problem (why no one could see my game). Because ResNet disconnected me, when I was reconnected, for reasons beyond my knowledge, my IP got switched (I thought they used static IPs *shrugs*). I did some checking, jumped through some hoops, restarted my computer a few times, and my old IP is back. Completely 100% beyond me. But anyway, the IP again is 128.193.246.12 and I'll put the server back up shortly. Hopefully we can organize some entropy or ctf.  :nod: I'm hoping you'll be able to see my games again. *crosses fingers*  :sigh:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
Afaik there is at least one working tracker available (the VEX clan tracker).

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I haven't seen ANY games in the past 5 days or so.  I'm wondering if it's just us or if everyone's having this issue now?
One way to check is for some of us to try joining each others games at some predetermined time.  There's a chance that we're just not on at the same times, and that at least one of us is still able to host...
...but maybe not.  *shrug*

I haven't really gotten around to checking on the server; have been down with some infection for the last few days. Hopefully we can get some games going soon now that Ulala's server is back up.

By the way, are you all using the latest version? There was a new one released three days ago.

Offline Ulala

Server is back up, but I still have to get the latest update. I'll get on it when I get back from class in a couple hours.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ulala

Server has been updated, and is up and running again.  :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ulala

Hmm, some of the maps don't work anymore. Says "cannot load file". And I got a Blue Screen of Death before my computer restarted itself. Haven't seen one of those in XP yet... can anyone see the server?  :doubt:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I checked a few times but couldn't see it.

Offline Ulala

Garr. *frustration* Maybe it was fun while it lasted, as all good things do come to an end...  :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to get my own games visible.

Maybe we could try reverting to whatever old version we were using, in case there is some issue with the newer one.

Offline Ulala

Might be a good idea. Especially since the latest version has made about half of my maps unplayable.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ulala

Someone try to join, quick!
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I couldn't see anything there. :( Try setting up a tracker game instead. It's at least detecting the tracker itself.

Does anyone still have one of the older versions? I think we used something in the 1.5.13x range the last time we played.

Offline Ulala

Mkay, I'll host one on the tracker now.

*alt tabs d2x up*

Okay, it's up. *crosses arms, legs, fingers, toes, and eyes*
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ulala

Someone try and join today. I'll be out all day, but I hosted the server via tracker.  :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline watsisname

Didn't see the game. :sigh:  (I'm using the old version, whichever one it was that I last had success with) Edit:  That version is 1.5.121

Added Edit:  I just tried using the latest version (1.5.170), and although it claims to have one tracker listed there are no games listed (tried using both 28342 and 0 as ports).  Also wasn't listed under udp/ip.

CP:  Have you had any success in getting your games up?  I'm not having much luck with it. =/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 07:15:20 pm by watsisname »

Offline Ulala

Gar. Guess we should switch back to an old version?  :blah:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline watsisname

Unless there's something else that happened since your computer being fixed, then I guess that's our only option right now.
BTW, if you don't have a copy of the old version then I can email v.1.5.121 to you if you'd like.