Author Topic: RELEASE: Uncharted Territory  (Read 48427 times)

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Re: RELEASE: Uncharted Territory
The second mission wouldn't progress for me. At all. No matter what I did I always failed (ev4n y00z1gn l33t ch33tz), so yeah. I ctrl-shift-s'd the mission simulator for the next few. Up to M5 now.

:confused:

Which mission briefing do you get? What build/mediaVPs are you using?

I just replayed it. Basically what happens is this:

Spoiler:
After the Bathin arrives, the Emmerich and all my wingmen jump out when given the order by the Reuil to do so, but the Reuil and the Crane stay where they are. They don't move. When I jump out (as the "jump to coordinates" directive is up), I get the apparently successful briefing about the crew of the Emmerich and all that jazz, but the music is failure music. Then I can't progress. :(

I'm using the 3.6.12 build and VPs.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
I can't seem to recreate the problem. All ships jump out fine for me and I continue to the next mission.

Spoiler:
Maybe the engines of those two ships got destroyed in mission 1 and they can't jump out. That's something I hadn't thought about. I better fix this in the next version.
Uncharted Territory is released. But I still need voice actors

Offline PMY

Nice campaign, ReeNoiP. I really enjoyed playing it (twice already) - good balancing, solid plot and a strong sense of struggle for survival (which I love so much). BTW, the music fits the missions perfectly and deepens the atmosphere. Where did you get it from?

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
Nice campaign, ReeNoiP. I really enjoyed playing it (twice already) - good balancing, solid plot and a strong sense of struggle for survival (which I love so much). BTW, the music fits the missions perfectly and deepens the atmosphere. Where did you get it from?

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I got the non-freespace music from http://freeplaymusic.com/. It's a great resource for free music.
Uncharted Territory is released. But I still need voice actors

I am trying this out with the 3.6.16SSE and it is a really nice campaign, but in the mission where you have to disable the Demon class Destroyer's sensors and scan its Nav system, regardless of what fighter I use, the scanning does never commence. I have tried every conceivable angle and point, but my ship never initializes scanning, so the mission fails once the Demon jumps out.

...anyone?

Offline wistler

Busy playing through the campaign and I'm really enjoying it. Im getting old school FS2 vibes off it, in a very good way. Keep up the good work  :yes:

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
I am trying this out with the 3.6.16SSE and it is a really nice campaign, but in the mission where you have to disable the Demon class Destroyer's sensors and scan its Nav system, regardless of what fighter I use, the scanning does never commence. I have tried every conceivable angle and point, but my ship never initializes scanning, so the mission fails once the Demon jumps out.

...anyone?
I encountered this, too. The only thing you can do is try an older build because the newer ones break it.

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
I am running into the scan nav system error as well on 3.7 and 3.7.1.  Otherwise it was a fun campaign!

Offline CT27

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85622.0

Patch for that mission is in this thread.

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
I liked the "good" ending to this and enjoyed how we tied into the main campaign story.

I also saw the "bad" ending and I have 1 nerdy issue that really doesn't matter overall

Spoiler:
in the bad ending when you see the red supernova of Capella ahead of you, my first thought was, wouldn't that light take hundreds or thousands of years to travel to Gama Draconis in order for us to see it?    Ok ending my nerd issue now and moving on.  Fun campaign!

This looks pretty nice but for me the 2014 VPs do not seem to work and It crashes on the second mission shortly after the shivans attack.

Fixed the problem using older VPs. Great game. Once again a GTVA experiment goes horribly wrong :P

It seems the mission with the Bathins is broken. The nav cannot be scanned to continue the mission.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Having fun with this so far!  I hate to admit, though, that I have not yet finished the second mission successfully - I keep losing the Emmerich.
Was the voice acted version ever finished?  I am horrible at reading text while fighting.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:57:02 pm by deathspeed »
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

I liked the "good" ending to this and enjoyed how we tied into the main campaign story.

I also saw the "bad" ending and I have 1 nerdy issue that really doesn't matter overall

Spoiler:
in the bad ending when you see the red supernova of Capella ahead of you, my first thought was, wouldn't that light take hundreds or thousands of years to travel to Gama Draconis in order for us to see it?    Ok ending my nerd issue now and moving on.  Fun campaign!
How does one get the bad ending?

thanks for the quickfix... now this is really an enjoyable piece !

Offline CT27

I ran into a technical problem on mission 6 just now.

In the nebula when the GTT Atlas is supposed to dock with the GTA Crane it never does.  The Atlas says it's going back but then when it gets to a certain waypoint it just sits there in space.

I'm playing on Media VPs 2014.

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Does it keep happening? I played relatively recently with 2014 and nothing of the sort happened. it was 3.6.12 though.
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::