Author Topic: Transcend Voiceacting Call  (Read 25255 times)

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
Re: Transcend Voiceacting Call
Thank you for the lecture, Getter, but the first thing on my mind when I decided to get back to doing this was not to just drop everyone off of the list, ask them to redo all of their lines, and throw caution to the wind. It was also not the first thing on my mind to be accused that I'm doing things that I know very well not to and to be berated for it.

I know that you've dealt with terrible people in the voiceacting community before, people who can't do their jobs right and or ask too much of you when they don't even have a say in the matter, but you're really coming across as overbearing when you try and teach me how to do my own job. I can handle this, I promise you. I'm not telling ANYONE to redo their lines. In fact, anyone who's sent in their lines to us already are still in our library of auditions. Your lines are completely safe. We just wanted to contact you and see if you were still interested having your audition lines be considered for some roles in this project. You're psyching yourself out into believing that I'm just going to suddenly tell everyone "welp, redo your lines," and reacting to something that never actually happened in this case. I don't like to sound crass with this reply, but you're belittling me and Ransom by jumping to conclusions and assuming that we've forgotten how to do this over the past month or so. You can say it was in the best interests of the community if you like. All I was saying was that I'm not going to sit around and wait two months just to pick one voiceactor again, like it seemed we were doing before. We were going to get the ball rolling on everything we had left hanging when we stopped, and once we were back in, we would stick with it until the end.

And to be honest, you're barking up the wrong tree when you come to complain to me for half of this stuff. I've been doing everything per what Ransom's told me and have maintained constant contact with him through all of the important details. If you have a problem with the way he does things, bring it to him, but you need to get over your fear of doing eighty-something lines for someone. I'm not going to hand you a role unless I'm certain that you can deliver on it, and you need to go through actual auditions for them, not hand me references from campaigns and voice bits you did before and expect me to just go ahead and count it. If you're not even willing to commit to reading lines for an audition, then I can't help you, but I'm not going to let your mistrustful attitude interrupt the flow of this VA effort just when it's back to picking up steam again.

I know what message you're trying to get across, but next time, maybe you should get all of the facts before you try and teach us a lesson we already know. Now read this post once more and give it another shot.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
All right, knock it off.

Getter, thanks for taking the time to post. I agree with most of your advice, although I question your decision to post it publicly. Foxtrot has not handled this the way I might have handled it, but he asked for the responsibility of managing this project and I have given it to him. If he had not approached me it would not be happening at all.

I'd like to apologise to everyone for our poor communication. I tried to maintain a fairly hands-off approach to this project, but ultimately I don't think that was fair to Foxtrot. He has worked hard and I have not reciprocated.

We are not expecting a second set of auditions. All previous auditions will be considered. If we are interested in assigning an actor to a role they will be contacted directly. The intention of Foxtrot's earlier post is to confirm interest in the project and simplify things on our end. Ignoring it will not exclude anyone from consideration.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
On top of me working slowly on fortune hunters, I have a few xmas functions to organise too. But this project is something i'd definitely like to aid. To that end i'd like to add I can pull off a few different dialects, predominantly Dodgy english akin to psycho from crysis/jason statham, blue planet voice, posh, Dodgy russian, and willing to try any others if it fills a gap.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Not a problem, I always try to be as informative as possible no matter what aspect of modding I comment on.

Also I apologize if my post was taken in a manner I had not intended!

You can see now why I never considered a career in teaching others.

:)

I won't be making any more comments to the Development Team in so not to disrupt any momentum or creative energies any miscommunication can produce.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:39:07 am by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)