Author Topic: Ack!! Glitchy TAG!  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
OK so here's the deal. I was just playing A Game of TAG. GLITCHY!!!!!

May I get some help with this please?

Quote from: Settings and Debug Info
Name: Sm2-02.fs2
Mod: 9/14/99 at 19:58:59

DYN: 131652KB
POF: 13851KB
BMP: 116395KB
S-RAM: 15899KB
VRAM: 85037KB

Launcher command-line....
C:\Games\Freespace2\fs2_open_3_6_9.exe -mod open -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -img2dds -dualscanlines -targetinfo -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload -loadallweapons -alpha_env -fps

or

C:\Games\Freespace2\fs2_open_3_6_9_debug.exe -mod open -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -img2dds -dualscanlines -targetinfo -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload -loadallweapons -alpha_env -fps

Graphics: OpenGL
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Colour Depth: 32-bit
Texture Filter: Trilinear
Anisotropic Filter: 2x

General Settings: 4. High
  • Hi res pack (sparky_hi_fs2.vp) installed
  • Use large textures

OpenAL sound device: Generic Software
Joystick: Logitech WingMan Force 3D USB
  • Enable Force Feedback
  • Enable Directional Hit (Force Feedback)

Speech: Microsoft Mary
Use: Ingame

PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Double missile-aiming point, often off by quite a distance
-Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 are flying GTB Zeus
-Primary banks 1 and 2 are empty
-Secondary banks 1 and 2 are filled with 5 Fusion Mortars each and bank 3 is filled with 160 Fighter-Killer
-Warspite, the AWACS ship, all scouts, and all Shivan craft are normal; they use their respective craft

I use the latest FS2_Open 3.6.9 Final build. I tested the mission for errors about ten times using 4 different launches of the game. The normal build the first three times, then the debug build the last, fourth, time.

All problems are present with the three launches of the Normal build, as well as with the Debug build!!

Error logs:

Quote from: 1
Warning: Unable to find a sufficient number of bitmaps for this mission's background.  The background will not be displayed.
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Starfield\StarField.cpp
Line: 3393
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_bitmaps()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

Quote from: 2
Assert: bank_to_fire >= 0 && bank_to_fire < swp->num_primary_banks
File: J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Hud\HUDtarget.cpp
Line: 4345
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
    hud_show_lead_indicator()    hud_show_targeting_gauges()    hud_show_common_3d_gauges()    HUD_render_3d()    game_render_hud_3d()    game_frame()    game_do_frame()    game_do_state()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

Picture are attached.

Note on picture 3: I attempted to locate the file it wrote the debug to, though it wasn't there!

[attachment deleted by admin]
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Have you updated mediavps recently?

Try first simply pressing the 'reset loadouts' button in the mission briefing screen.
If that doesnt help try resetting the campaign or creating a new pilot (on the game start screen).

New debug logs are placed in data directory and are named 'fs2_open.log'.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
First one is just a buggy warning and is flaged fixed for next version in my Mantis case.  Occurs on any mission with no background.  Second one might be an outdated exe.  What version and date are your fs2_open exes?  If it's 3.6.9 and not dated 01-12 redownload it's also been fixed.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
sounds like a pilot file thing to me, I can't remember if you can change your loadout in that mission or not, but if you can try to.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
No options to change the crafts. It's locked to be a Ulysses with a bank of PromR.

I was using the release files from the 1/01 release of the game. I played this very mission yesterday correctly, though after failing a few times, I decided to continue with the campaign the next day (today). It was fine yesterday... it's glitchy today. No mods have been installed in about 2 weeks. All mods are in their own folders.

The pilot file shouldn't be a problem... it worked perfectly yesterday. I know the first one is seen in most missions for whatever reason. I have the FS2_Open 3.6.9 1/1/07. I'll redownload the 1/12/07 files.

No reset-loadouts. I was trying to locate the actual EXE crash file (as seen in 0005.png), though when I looked in the temp folder, the file wasn't present.

I don't see any reason this should be glitching now. I always did proper shutdowns of the game, though I did notice that when trying to load the OGG's for the cutscenes, it would crash the game. Restart the game and it would be fine. It worked yesterday, as said several times. Nothing new for it today.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
Oh, can I get the links for the newest MediaVP's and the upgrade files? I have 3.6.8 Zeta (710 fix I think) VP's. I'll look for the newest launcher and EXE's for it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just get the 3.6.9 exe's dated 1-12-07.  The first warning only show up in debug mode.  The second only if you use a certain kinds of ships an change primaries forward then back.  They are both known issues and the second one was fixed in the 1-12-07 exes.    You shouldn't need to chagne anything else.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I was using the 1/12 release if memory serves. It was a bit messed up; i copied the 1/12 EXEs twice; the first time it said the latest 1/12 were actually back from June (RC7), copied the new ones in, still said it was from June. Deleted it and now it's sure that it's 1/12.

Still, what was the actual problem? The pilot-file should have no effect on the actual mission... why would it turn the Ulysses into Zeus? It doesn't make sense to me  :hopping:

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
No idea on that one.  I was just trying to get rid of your error codes first.   Are you still having any of the problems with the new exes?   

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I had it the first time I replace the EXE's (I'm pretty sure it was either the 1/1 release or the 1/12 release... definately not anything older). I changed pilots and it fixed it.... though still the fact is the pilot file should have no effect on the mission (unless it draws on flags, which this one doesn't). I completed the start of the campaign on Insane normally, then skipped this mission and the following mission. Theyre near impossible on Insane and I was getting pissed off.

Anyways... I switched pilots to a new one, then my normal one. It works alright I guess, but i still have problems looking at the squad logos. Last time I played on insane, in the mission you have to help destroy the first Sath, the Sath had ALL FOUR BEAMS ACTIVE!! It killed the Big C in 3 or 4 salvos... 250 000 damage per salvo... 62 500 damage per beam???

IS that right? I somehow doubt it.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I changed pilots and it fixed it.... though still the fact is the pilot file should have no effect on the mission

I have no idea why you keep insisting on this. Of course it does. If the pilot file has been corrupted you could very easily screw up the list of allowed ships.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
Oh... well then can someone make me an uncorrupt version of my pilot file? I've played the same file for several years (on and off)...

I guess I keep on insisting it because I don't understand fully how it all works from the programming-aspect of it. But still... how would the file get messed-up overnight? I did a normal close of the game, shut down the PC, booted it back up the next day, and loaded the file...

Whatever...

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I'm still glitching out... I made a mission for my campaign; no allied ships will start with Alpha 1. I did everything i know to correct this... I recreated Alpha 2,3,4 and Beta 1,2,3,4 though my changes aren't sticking; I have a unit I have to scan that won't scan--I set it as Cargo Known to be set at off, though it never quite works. I think the FRED build (3.6.9 Final, 1/12) is corrupt now. I don't want to reinstall everything again.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If the FRED exe file is running it seems unlikely that it is corrupt but you can always go to the 3.6.9 release thread and download it from there.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
Eh I figured it out after being fusterated for a bit. I didnt realize that (though detected) missions that ended in somehting like (name).1.fs2 won't be read correctly. I was trying to keep different versions of my missions seperate while saving the older versions in case of a problem. I fixed it... I didn't know it was the problem until a few hours ago (3 or so)... I figured it out with the debug build; it didn't display the correct file-name after I would load the mission.

It's still a bit weird, but I'll post any random errors I find.