Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657205 times)

Re: A celebration of Freespace
Mentu is looking gorgeous with those PBR textures. Great stuff! Would love to see more of what this initiative has to offer.
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Spoiler:
Get your ass moving pilot! Stop taking in the looks and defend the Galatea! :D

I'm sure Captain Captain of the GTD Sasquash would prefer the awesome video footage of the mortar swarms to Alpha 1 defending warships.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Since Majorvador released his Sins of a Blue Planet TC for Sins of a Solar Empire in an alpha state, I've been playing with the game files, adding abilities, but also borrowing effects from the Distant Stars mod and enhancing the weapon effects, which as stock are all but invisible at any kind of range.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/920295477558447225/263ADAFE6C35C3DC4EC95D421D2331E87E945EE5/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/920295477558446816/A140B03FFD6B026F78E8B803762BA284F943EEB0/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/920295477558446009/EDBEC4C819F303629CBAF54F5712E383DC58CABB/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/920295477558520421/A49195D04FC9EF6C7F9500ACC31360FA9C39CEDB/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/920295477558445572/3555FC27BD630B57C88D53868917639433918C27/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/920295477558550384/26984AD072DF471746BA07B423773018E86E4F9B/

I've been trying to reach him to see if he'd like them, and some help to move it along, but haven't gotten any reply after a couple weeks as of this writing. So until I do hear back, it'll sit safe on my hard drive and my dropbox for me to enjoy.

Not exactly pure Freespace, but I figured what the heck, worth a share!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:49:43 am by Stardust »
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

Offline Darius

Neato!

You should also make a post in the release thread in the sins of a bp subforum so he's more likely to see.

These textures. This ship. Where can I acquire this for my own viewing pleasure?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
That's just a (9-year old) texture replace of the Hecate using what appears to be Deimos tiles. Just fiddle around with that in PCS2?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
If I remember right that was me trying to make a "dark" version of the tiles used for the Hecate in the same style as the Arcadia and Orion.

Darn, was hoping it was an actual reskin. It looks gorgeous. I have yet to figure out how textures work in PCS2...

Anyways, old as it is, I've always admired it. It's a right purdy lookin Hecate. :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's just simple tile swap. If you open PCS2, you will see Textures section on the right bar. If model is actually tilemapped like Hecate pictured above, you may swap it's textures with ease.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Nice, I'll try that, thanks Nyctaeus!

Offline Kie99

I used to love reskins.  I did one very similar to that with the Hecate, also redid the Orion and Hecate in the Iceni/Colossus textures editing them to be super overpowered.

I remember there was one mod on Volition Watch called Blackfleet or something similar, it gave the GTVA fleet a uniform black look which I thought was cool.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
With deimos tiles?  Yeah it was good.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Kie99

With deimos tiles?  Yeah it was good.

The Blackfleet mod?  I don't think so, not unless they were darkened significantly.  It was at least ten years ago that I last played with it and I've had no luck finding it again so it could well have been. 

Offline Kie99

I had a go at recreating the unified fleet, with Deimos textures this time, it's more difficult now than it used to be since most of the models have the textures baked on rather than tiled.  The Vasudan ships and the Colossus look pretty terrible, the Hecate and Orion still look decent enough.  The nameplate being an integral texture on the Orion means it's not as uniform as it can be. 

Delicious. I especially love the Hecate with that look.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
...unified fleet...

Please, don't. Really please don't. Diversity is good. Diversity is FS!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Well there are some ships for a completely unified GTVA fleet in which Terrans and Vasudans use the same ships. I bet the NTF rebellion wouldn't have happened with that. :p

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Nyctaeus, it isn't like you have to use that texture pack, relax. :pimp:

Yeah Nyctaeus can choose from tons of textures for his cool ships. :nod:
Also if all ship's he made would use the same textures the user made ships category on the wiki would look somewhat more unified too :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 07:55:32 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Kinda kidding in previous post :]. Not my mod, not my choice. I don't like unified fleets because unified textures are killing unique characters and vibe of each ship. Inferno went this way and now it's up to me and Rampage to rework whole EA fleet in Inferno to purge our sins :P. Using the same maps is nothing bad, but I strongly recommend to at least mix various tile sets on different ships. Similarities between ships of the same factions are strongly advised, but unified look... As I said, please don't.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 08:12:02 pm by Nyctaeus »